+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

Horizon13

Star Member
May 24, 2017
There is approximately 5% of people who applied for citizenship, and who is in the statistics. There are much more applicants other than on the forum. Lets be patient Your turn will be soon.

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I

was wondering the same thing . Should we be worried ? My app. Had been received by cic on may 8th and no AOR yet .i Don't know what's going on ?
You can see that overall application process is slower now. don't look at previous months time as things are different now. previous months days to get AOR was mostly between 2-15 days. now some of us are more than 35 days since application received and still no AOR. as long as you don't receive you application returned in the mail you're good. The month of May is the turning point were things started to be significantly different from previous months and we will start seeing new avg days for processing on the citizenship sheet

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
You can see that overall application process is slower now. don't look at previous months time as things are different now. previous months days to get AOR was mostly between 2-15 days. now some of us are more than 35 days since application received and still no AOR. as long as you don't receive you application returned in the mail you're good. The month of May is the turning point were things started to be significantly different from previous months and we will start seeing new avg days for processing on the citizenship sheet

That's true!
I'm now just checking my mail and email multiple times for either my returned application or an AOR.. Haha! Fingers crossed for all of us! :)

Spelling19

May 15, 2017
Thank God !!! I got my test invite :);) First ever for May 2017 applicant? hehe. I need to review now. So fast !!!!

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
That's true!
I'm now just checking my mail and email multiple times for either my returned application or an AOR.. Haha! Fingers crossed for all of us! :)
i just checked my mail today after a week to see if I get my app back. haha

soul2017

Apr 29, 2017
But just for curiosity . If they will return the application how long usually does it take to receive the app. Back ? Like there is a chance the app would be returned after a month of receiving it !!? Just wondering

sajc

Star Member
May 9, 2017
hmmm yeh.. i mean it depends on when they start seeing it.. if they come to it after a month.. then yes... when I applied for my citizenship.. we used to get AOR in 3 months.. so there was always a chance of returning for those 3 months.

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank God !!! I got my test invite :);) First ever for May 2017 applicant? hehe. I need to review now. So fast !!!!
Congrats, I see you are from Winnipeg. Did you get the invite via email or regular mail, is your E-Cas status updated ?

reno2786

Jan 24, 2017
My mom sent in her application from Edmonton on May 1st - they received on the 3rd - she got accepted yesterday (06/05).

To answer the N/A questions, I filled out her forms and nowhere did I fill N/A so I think it's safe to say the N/A should not matter.