+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
This missisauga office really sucks.. If we look at spread sheet, people in Alberta who applied on same dates as us have even gotten oaths!!!!!!!

come on missisauga .........
Not across the board - that's for sure!

Calgary FEBRUARY applicant here. It went into processing almost immediately and then was not touched for 5 MONTHS.
Test sat July 18th. DM July 27th. And am STILL waiting for oath invite.

So yes.. while it seems SOME Alberta applications get through fast, there are still many of us that have actually SLOWER timelines than Missisauga.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Not across the board - that's for sure!

Calgary FEBRUARY applicant here. It went into processing almost immediately and then was not touched for 5 MONTHS.
Test sat July 18th. DM July 27th. And am STILL waiting for oath invite.

So yes.. while it seems SOME Alberta applications get through fast, there are still many of us that have actually SLOWER timelines than Missisauga.

order your GCMS notes to see whats happening ,

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
order your GCMS notes to see whats happening ,
At the test they asked us to write down any dates that we knew we would not be available to attend an Oath Ceremony. I am out of the country for close to 3 weeks at the end of Sept/beginning of October so I noted those dates. I am assuming it has something to do with that as the oath dates being given out at the moment in Calgary are within that time range (or close to it which would leave me scrambling to get an expensive expedited passport!)

It's frustrating for sure.. and it seems that ALL February applicants at the Calgary office have moved MUCH slower than other month applications for some reason, but I still am WELL within the expected processing time of 12 months and the expected oath date range of 1-3 mths (as per the interview agent). So knowing that my decision had been made (clearances are all good) and no other information has ever been requested from CIC I can't imagine what the notes would tell me other than what I know and that I am waiting for an oath date... ?!

desydivy

Star Member
Nov 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
26-04-2012
Med's Request
28-11-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
Test invite sent on August 16 for September 20th. Kindly update

AmPal

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my GCMS notes today. I ordered on 14 July just to see whats happening.

They are retrieved on 08 August 2017 so information is latest as of 08 Aug 2017

Main points noted

1) My case processing office. Missisauga

2) Test ready tagged (means sooner or later I will be called for test ) I guess they send out invitations according to positions in queue and determine test eligibility just after first eligibility is passed

3) Criminality is passed while security is not and still in progress

4) Intent to stay, Language, Prohibitions (not started) I guess they are determined after the test

So all in all I got above info and it is still useful and I got all info free of charge

Person dealing my case is "Eiamel"

to order these notes this is the link

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

it takes 30 days to get it

Note. It is absolutely not necessary to order these notes. They are just to tell you whats happening...

Great!!!
I am still waiting for GCMS notes (Ordered on July 31).
Fingers Crossed.....

Reactions: mickey_mouse

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
At the test they asked us to write down any dates that we knew we would not be available to attend an Oath Ceremony. I am out of the country for close to 3 weeks at the end of Sept/beginning of October so I noted those dates. I am assuming it has something to do with that as the oath dates being given out at the moment in Calgary are within that time range (or close to it which would leave me scrambling to get an expensive expedited passport!)

It's frustrating for sure.. and it seems that ALL February applicants at the Calgary office have moved MUCH slower than other month applications for some reason, but I still am WELL within the expected processing time of 12 months and the expected oath date range of 1-3 mths (as per the interview agent). So knowing that my decision had been made (clearances are all good) and no other information has ever been requested from CIC I can't imagine what the notes would tell me other than what I know and that I am waiting for an oath date... ?!
well its up to some one how much inquisitive they are about their case. GCMS tells you many things which you don't know. You can see if you have met all requirements and passed all checks like security, criminality, language, residence and above all prohibitions ?

one guy on other thread says he is stuck at prohibitions while every thing else is passed. So its always helpful to get these notes to see whats going on.. And yeah for sure there is no necessity for this but if you are willing to know more you can always order. its free of charge and takes 30 days to get it. good luck!!!!!!!

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Great!!!
I am still waiting for GCMS notes (Ordered on July 31).
Fingers Crossed.....
Good stuff bro..me and you are in the same boat, both waiting for tests. Please share your GCMS when you get it. Whats your visa office please ? thx

desydivy

Star Member
Nov 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
26-04-2012
Med's Request
28-11-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
well its up to some one how much inquisitive they are about their case. GCMS tells you many things which you don't know. You can see if you have met all requirements and passed all checks like security, criminality, language, residence and above all prohibitions ?

one guy on other thread says he is stuck at prohibitions while every thing else is passed. So its always helpful to get these notes to see whats going on.. And yeah for sure there is no necessity for this but if you are willing to know more you can always order. its free of charge and takes 30 days to get it. good luck!!!!!!!
That totally makes sense.. but the gent you are referencing has been stuck at IP for a very long time, so it makes sense to order notes.

My status is Decision Made... which, I believe, means that all checks, requirements and security etc. have been completed and finalised... I can't imagine they'd change someone's status to Decision Made if they were still pending security clearance or questioning residency etc.

I am just not sure what other information the notes would tell me other than what I already know.

As we all know, the lack of communication is brutal and it can be a super frustrating process... who knows, maybe the oath invites are alloted alphabetically and my end of the alphabet last name is not working in my favour! At this point after seeing the complete inconsistencies on application timelines, I honestly believe they literally throw all the applications up in the air every day and just grab the nearest one - haha!

inhinyeronina

Star Member
Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-03-2013
File Transfer...
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
Hello,

status changed to Decision Made, August 22.

Kindly update the spreadsheet.

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Update for spreadsheet, just got test invite:

We sent you a notice on August 23, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 17, 2017 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us