+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
yivet said:
called cic and found out that the local office had sent the letter yesterday. don't know what can I do now. :(
Hey yivet did he tell you when is your oath date and dis you have any change on your ecas??

yivet

Jun 26, 2015
FAAMS said:
Hey yivet did he tell you when is your oath date and dis you have any change on your ecas??
26th the day before I leave.:( my on-line status has not changed yet. I thought I left the same note in your forum. Apparently I did not. Sorry about it. I have been struggling hard since I knew the date cause I don't know what should I do. :'(

Air1220

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Just received the YELLOW slip.... Citizenship exam in 13 days :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Any suggestions where to prepare the test from ???

How long is the test for?

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
yivet said:
26th the day before I leave.:( my on-line status has not changed yet. I thought I left the same note in your forum. Apparently I did not. Sorry about it. I have been struggling hard since I knew the date cause I don't know what should I do. :'(

Congratulations for the oath invitation.
In my opinion it is better to take your oath and then Canadian paasport and then go to your home country. I believe it is better ro wait if you can change your flight tickets days.

Please let me posted when you get the physical letter.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
yivet said:

Congratulations for the test invite.

You can get your passport the same day as you have the oath.
I aapplied same day and the clerk at passport office told me that if i need it really urgent i can get it same day.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/filling-out-passport-app-need-help-t389074.0.html

Look what our respected member Chickloo is writing there.
Good luck, and safe trip

Ari

yivet

Jun 26, 2015
FAAMS said:
Congratulations for the oath invitation.
In my opinion it is better to take your oath and then Canadian paasport and then go to your home country. I believe it is better ro wait if you can change your flight tickets days.

Please let me posted when you get the physical letter.
Just got the letter :'(

yivet

Jun 26, 2015
ari5323 said:
Congratulations for the test invite.

You can get your passport the same day as you have the oath.
I aapplied same day and the clerk at passport office told me that if i need it really urgent i can get it same day.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/filling-out-passport-app-need-help-t389074.0.html

Look what our respected member Chickloo is writing there.
Good luck, and safe trip

Ari
Thanks ari, the problem is i need to get passport and visa in order to go back my home country. Also I am leaving the next day morning.

MissMashulya

Jan 14, 2016
stone8198 said:
Congrats to people who received Oath letters.

I wanted to share my test and interview experience. Test went well, scored 19. However, the interview made me sick.
It went on for about 40mins. The officer wasn't at all friendly, when i was called to the table, it took her 10minutes to look up and greet me. She was busy checking documents. She didn't bother asking much questions at the beginning.

And then she started grinding, questions like, what i do, where i travelled, i had to match every stamp with her. which took good 20 mins.
Asking many weird questions, about my family, what they do, where they live, how old they are, how many siblings, their profession. etc.
After reading the forum and experiences i wasnt concerned much,
but seems like its not as easy as it looks like.

So i got RQ. officer said it may take very long and does make in non routine.

So it is what it is. Long journey to starts now.
This is exactly what happened to me as well. The problem was though, my old passport was taken away upon renewal by the authorities of my current citizenship country :( so I had to prove my residency in Canada since back in 2011, which included rental agreements, all credit card statements, T4 forms, etc. I printed a book worth of documents. Now who knows how long it will take.

But... always look on the bright side of things! :p

rateb55

Apr 20, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Anyone explain to me the meaning of this message ??? ???
Do you missed the examination date
Why they sent me to check I was more than a 55 year old law applied in
Am I in the development of new law

my on-line status has changed
We sent you a notice on January 13, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 13, 2016 at 12:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I have not received the notice :mad: :mad:
I don't know what should I do
Any advice
Thank you​

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rateb55 said:

We sent you a notice on January 13, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 13, 2016 at 12:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Any advice
Thank you​
The new rules apply to everyone, and they may want to apply it to you too...
It's better to call them and see if they can explain it to you...
Good luck.

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Hi everyone -- I have done my citizenship test on Dec. 3 and my e-cas is still showing "in process" ...and no news about further documentation or finger print request

Was anyone else in the same situation? It has been over 6 weeks since the test (Ottawa office).

Not sure what I'm looking for, maybe to hear stories of similar situations? any insight you might have? Starting to get a little worried, there isn't even a "DM"

Thank you!

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Air1220 said:
Just received the YELLOW slip.... Citizenship exam in 13 days :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Any suggestions where to prepare the test from ???

How long is the test for?

Aloha there!
There are a few very good simulations online for the citizenship test. I recommend you do all of them, but pay closer attention to this one:
http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/

Obviously, read the Discover Canada booklet at least 3 times paying close attention to the little text in the images.

The test is simple and fast. Most people finishes in the first 5 minutes.

OAF

Jul 7, 2015
rateb55 said:

Any advice
Thank you​
I think you should call cic as other people suggested. Even if you are 55 year old or older, you may not have to do the test but you still need to go through the interview for cic to verify your identity. It's weird though that you are invited on the same day they sent you the notice. The notice you will receive should say the following:
"If you are 55 years of age or older, you are not required to demonstrate your knowledge of Canada or your knowledge of English or French. You are receiving this notice solely for the purpose of attending an interview with a Citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided with your application."

rateb55

Apr 20, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OAF said:
I think you should call cic as other people suggested. Even if you are 55 year old or older, you may not have to do the test but you still need to go through the interview for cic to verify your identity. It's weird though that you are invited on the same day they sent you the notice. The notice you will receive should say the following:
"If you are 55 years of age or older, you are not required to demonstrate your knowledge of Canada or your knowledge of English or French. You are receiving this notice solely for the purpose of attending an interview with a Citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided with your application."
Thank you
Yes, there Test Invite mistake​
How come I got a citizenship test on the 13th of January at the same time the notice was sent from the CIC office Montreal on the 13th of January?

I called with CIC, and they specifically said that I have to sent a mail to the CIC office in Montreal. Test Invite mistake
No luck for me
Waiting and waiting

rfirmeza

Jul 8, 2015
Ok Guys, we both passed the test today. I got 20/20 and wife 19/20. Interview went on for a good half hour with checks of all stamps and documents. Finally we both got RQ.

Can anybody give me a hint on what I should expect from this questionnaire? I already know it takes long and it's a non-routine, etc. But what do they actually request?

Thanks