waived
Passport Req..
25th of Sept. 2014 and DM status changed on 27th of October
VISA ISSUED...
18 nov and passports reveived on 21th of nov
LANDED..........
inshallaha soon
Bigudi said:
I would also panic in your place, but also without good reason. I already read 3 times the Discover Canada booklet. It is small, straight forward and (in my opinion) extremely interesting. Just remember to read the little text on the pictures. Those are very important. You are going to nail it.

Cheers!

Just a question to all members on this Fouram

I am a truck driver with PR got a visa to US as a commercial driver and have done couples of trips to USA , are these of my days will be deducted from my residency ??
Please repley

marcm

Jul 8, 2015
My application went into process on the 24th September. Just updated the sheet. Didn't update on ECAS until today :)

j0an

Star Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FAAMS said:
Congratulations and best of luck how was your interview. I am from Edmonton also June applicant. Share some tips about studying and did u have any May applicant on same day.
Sorry I am asking a lot of questions.

Best of luck to you :D
The immigration officer who conducted the interview was very pleasant and accommodating. She first let me know that i have passed the exam and told me what my score was. She then proceeded to ask for the CoPR, IDs and passports. She opened a folder that had my file and asked me a few questions based on my application. She also verified the stamps on my passports as well as the original documents i submitted for the english requirement. Afterwards, i was asked to sign the bottom part of 1 sheet. I hope i'm all good lol overall, it's a great experience. Everyone in the office were very friendly, approachable and helpful.

I don't know how many were May applicants in the room lol i was too nervous to mingle with others lol!!! But the exam room was full of test takers. You can leave the room right after finishing the exam and will then have to wait outside the room for the interview/test result/verification of documents. :)

For the test, i would recommend reading the discovery canada booklet and trying the practice tests online. There are different sets for the exam by the way but if you have read the booklet and tried the practice tests, you'll be fine :)

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
j0an said:
The immigration officer who conducted the interview was very pleasant and accommodating. She first let me know that i have passed the exam and told me what my score was. She then proceeded to ask for the CoPR, IDs and passports. She opened a folder that had my file and asked me a few questions based on my application. She also verified the stamps on my passports as well as the original documents i submitted for the english requirement. Afterwards, i was asked to sign the bottom part of 1 sheet. I hope i'm all good lol overall, it's a great experience. Everyone in the office were very friendly, approachable and helpful.

I don't know how many were May applicants in the room lol i was too nervous to mingle with others lol!!! But the exam room was full of test takers. You can leave the room right after finishing the exam and will then have to wait outside the room for the interview/test result/verification of documents. :)

For the test, i would recommend reading the discovery canada booklet and trying the practice tests online. There are different sets for the exam by the way but if you have read the booklet and tried the practice tests, you'll be fine :)

Thank you for the prompt answer and the details of the experience.
Good luck for the rest of your journey it will end soooon ;)

j0an

Star Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FAAMS said:
Thank you for the prompt answer and the details of the experience.
Good luck for the rest of your journey it will end soooon ;)
Thank you, FAAMS! :)

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hehehe thanks nubee, I'm still studying the booklet!! I'm nervous!! :3
Lol sleeping next to your mailbox hahaha!!

#thesix #TO

nubee said:
Hey...wow wow!! That's a great news ;D

Congrats. So happy for you.

I am gonna follow you next in Scarborough ;). Another scarbs buddy..

Interesting to note that you received invite by mail. I am gonna sleep next to mail box now. lol.

Cheers mate,

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
The good news 21 yellow
The bad news only 1 from Toronto
Cry for me Toronto , cry :eek: ;D

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
ergh14 said:
^ count me in ^

'just updated my timeline in the w/s.

BTW, I'm Toronto!
Congratulations wish you all the best
Did you get the test invitation as letter or an email?

marcm

Jul 8, 2015
I think I was a bit confused when I originally put down Local Office. I put down Nova Scotia as that's where I sent the application to but I'm actually in St. John's, NL. Anyone know where the nearest office is to here? I don't see any other applicants from here on the sheet.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
marcm said:
I think I was a bit confused when I originally put down Local Office. I put down Nova Scotia as that's where I sent the application to but I'm actually in St. John's, NL. Anyone know where the nearest office is to here? I don't see any other applicants from here on the sheet.
St John's has its own office: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp#nfl

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
My online status has another line

We sent you a notice on September 29, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 13, 2015 at 12:58 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Edmonton Local office

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
jxyj01 said:
My online status has another line

We sent you a notice on September 29, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 13, 2015 at 12:58 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Edmonton Local office
Congratulations and wish you all the best

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
Got test invite for Oct 21. Only ecas update no email or mail yet.
Same here. No e-mail, no mail yet.
Yesterday there was nothing new in ECAS, today it says that on September 30th
they sent me a notice to write a test on October 16th.