+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow congrats. That was fast hehehe and lucky ur on vacation, have fun!
Hmmmmm how come I'm the only one taking test on Oct9th here :/

Hopefully some of us will have the same oath sched. Good luck everyone!!

ari5323 said:
Please "YELLOW ME"

(My lawyer)Got on Friday a letter that I need to appear October 21 for test in the Scarborough office.

GO TORONTO GO

Please update the excell sheet. I am away on vocation till October the sixth.

Was that site really useful? I might buy it then :D
Actually I tried their sample tests and I liked it. It tells you, when you're wrong, where you can find the write answer.

chikloo said:
This current application is my wife's. I got my citizenship in may 15. just keep taking notes, my friend bought citizenshipsupport.ca and shared.it was very useful.

True, if you don't receive it soon call them. You need the letter.
For reviewing, read the booklet. I'm in the middle of reviewing too. As mentioned by me on my previous post I found a useful vid on YouTube. But I follow it on the book, there are other info the vid didn't tackle in dept like the name of the inventors. So still read the book first then you can try and watch those vids and do sample tests. Good luck!

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi my dear "May" fellows,

About the written test, there is a check list in the notice asking me to bring "All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document check list in the citizenship application form);"

Does this means i just need to provide the original version of files that i submitted with my citizenship application?

Do i need to provide translation files for all the stamps in all pages of my passport if it is not in english/french ?
Do i need to provide all the travel record files also to support my residence calculation? Like boarding passes/hotel receipts...for my trips out of Canada during the past 4 yrs?
What about renting leases/Payslips/Tax slips/HR Employment Letters/....etc...?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

PS: Here is the list CIC asked for:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> this notice;

> 2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it; (e.g. driver's license, health card, Permanent Resident Card, etc.);

> All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document check list in the citizenship application form);

> Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);

> all passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired)

Taro

Apr 9, 2009
My status changed to in process on 16 September.

What next , are all getting their test dates by email or shall I keep checking my status for that too??

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Taro said:
My status changed to in process on 16 September.

What next , are all getting their test dates by email or shall I keep checking my status for that too??
In Process essentially means that your file has been transferred to the local office closest to your address this update is not shown on ECAS anymore, before it used to have a line saying your file has been transferred to Local Office. Once your paper file reaches the local office then an officer picks up the file performs necessary checks and if they have no issues send out an Oath Invite, based on where your local office is some seem to send out e-mail invitations while others send out snail mail.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same requirements for me. I just finished preparing my documents to bring on Friday.

Files:
* original copy of the documents I provided including IDs, school Transcripts, passports, etc.
* full scanned copy of my application I've sent to CIC, minus the picture - so I have my own reference material
* a copy of the complete pages of all my passports - to support, in case they asked for it
* letter of employment - I'm just bringing one

Munchenxx said:
Hi my dear "May" fellows,

About the written test, there is a check list in the notice asking me to bring "All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document check list in the citizenship application form);"

Does this means i just need to provide the original version of files that i submitted with my citizenship application?

Do i need to provide translation files for all the stamps in all pages of my passport if it is not in english/french ?
Do i need to provide all the travel record files also to support my residence calculation? Like boarding passes/hotel receipts...for my trips out of Canada during the past 4 yrs?
What about renting leases/Payslips/Tax slips/HR Employment Letters/....etc...?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

PS: Here is the list CIC asked for:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> this notice;

> 2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it; (e.g. driver's license, health card, Permanent Resident Card, etc.);

> All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document check list in the citizenship application form);

> Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);

> all passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired)

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
congrats to all that have received test invites or written tests already!

any movement from applicants in Ottawa? my application has been "in process" since July 24

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
nncs said:
congrats to all that have received test invites or written tests already!

any movement from applicants in Ottawa? my application has been "in process" since July 24
Relax, here you have a guarantee,
Within 15 days you are invited for a test.
If CIC will not invite you, I will invite for a test. I want to test you and see if I want you as a Canadian :p

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oren said:
Same requirements for me. I just finished preparing my documents to bring on Friday.

Files:
* original copy of the documents I provided including IDs, school Transcripts, passports, etc.
* full scanned copy of my application I've sent to CIC, minus the picture - so I have my own reference material
* a copy of the complete pages of all my passports - to support, in case they asked for it
* letter of employment - I'm just bringing one
Thanks a lot, Oren!
QQ: why do we need to provide photocopies of all pages along with the original passport(s)? do you mean we need to translate all stamps with letters not in English/French ?

Do we also need to prepare "leases/boarding passes" of all trips getting out of Canada in th epast 4 years to support the residence calculation?

Thanks again and best wishes for your test this friday!:)

bxnd

Oct 5, 2015
I'm in Toronto. Here is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 22, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 16, 2015.
We started processing your application on September 4, 2015.

Anyone in Toronto has a timeline similar or faster than me? Trying to get an estimation on when I will write the exam.

bxnd

Oct 5, 2015
ari5323, congrats! Your application was received later than mine. But you already almost have everything done!

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Munchenxx said:
Thanks a lot, Oren!
QQ: why do we need to provide photocopies of all pages along with the original passport(s)? do you mean we need to translate all stamps with letters not in English/French ?
They ask for photocopies of the biographical pages, not of all the pages. I don't know why that is, but the Citizenship Officer doing my interview never took it, he only wanted to see my passport and check stamps. I had translations with me in case he needed it, but he didn't.

Munchenxx said:
Do we also need to prepare "leases/boarding passes" of all trips getting out of Canada in th epast 4 years to support the residence calculation?

Thanks again and best wishes for your test this friday!:)
It's a good idea and wouldn't hurt. Worst case scenario, Citizenship Officer is satisfied without looking at that and your hard work would have been wasted. :p The one conducting my interview kept on flipping my passport pages and confirming entries and exits that I had indicated in my residence calculator, didn't need anything else.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@muchen, I didn't do any translations so it's just a straight copy for my passport. I'm just have a copy of all of my passports pages just in case they asked me for it.

Side note: I travelled last July, not sure why the agent at the US border stamped and stapled the I-94 in my old passport lol

@miriam, I only provided CIC with the biographical pages of all of my passports and pages with stamps.

MiriamT said:
They ask for photocopies of the biographical pages, not of all the pages. I don't know why that is, but the Citizenship Officer doing my interview never took it, he only wanted to see my passport and check stamps. I had translations with me in case he needed it, but he didn't.

It's a good idea and wouldn't hurt. Worst case scenario, Citizenship Officer is satisfied without looking at that and your hard work would have been wasted. :p The one conducting my interview kept on flipping my passport pages and confirming entries and exits that I had indicated in my residence calculator, didn't need anything else.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
oren said:
@ miriam, I only provided CIC with the biographical pages of all of my passports and pages with stamps.
Which is fine, but not required. For the application, only biographical and renewal pages are required. I photocopied all pages of all passports because I wanted to, but then again it was my call, and not required. For the test, they asked in the invitation letter once more for photocopies of biographical and renewal pages, but the Citizenship Officer didn't want to see those as it turns out (or my transcripts and diplomas that I took with me)...

They only checked my PR Card, passports (original), COPR, DL, health card, and CELPIP-General LS.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's COPR & CELPIP-General LS means? And yes, they only want to see the originals and not copies. I just have it on another folder in case they issue me to provide all pages so I'm ready.

MiriamT said:
Which is fine, but not required. For the application, only biographical and renewal pages are required. I photocopied all pages of all passports because I wanted to, but then again it was my call, and not required. For the test, they asked in the invitation letter once more for photocopies of biographical and renewal pages, but the Citizenship Officer didn't want to see those as it turns out (or my transcripts and diplomas that I took with me)...

They only checked my PR Card, passports (original), COPR, DL, health card, and CELPIP-General LS.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
oren said:
What's COPR & CELPIP-General LS means?
Confirmation of Permanent Residence, and Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program-General (i.e. not Academic) Listening and Speaking.

oren said:
And yes, they only want to see the originals and not copies. I just have it on another folder in case they issue me to provide all pages so I'm ready.
Correct that they want to see the original passports, but they also ask for photocopies of the biographical pages of the passports for some reason.