+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2014 OUTLAND Applicants

Albertan

Jan 4, 2014
Aussam said:
Congratulations Albertan, May I ask what your timeline is?
Thanks!!

Application Sent: 09/05/2014
Application Received: 13/05/2014
Stage 1 AOR: 09/07/2014
SA: 18-Jul-2014
Ecas changed to Medical Received: 22-Jul-2014
Decision Made: Aug 15, 2014
CoPR received: Aug 21, 2014

Albertan

Jan 4, 2014
My wife is going to flagpole this coming weekend, can i accompany her while landing. I have US visa on my passport.

cortic

Aug 12, 2014
Lambeen said:
I sent my applicat :( :-\ion in on May 9th. Just recently received my application back in the mail telling me I was missing a form. I was not missing a form at all. The form they were asking me for is an inland form. :-X made me so mad I almost wanted to divorce my husband and say I don't want to come to canada :) I am here as a visitor for now and am so sick of not being able to work. I applied as an outland applicant, im from the USA and i wanted to make sure that if i crossed the border and ran into any problems that it wouldn't mess up my application. I have adult children in the usa and grandchildren and wanted to make sure if i had to cross the border i could do it . So here i go to the back of the line again. I sent them a letter telling them that the form they were asking for was not even part of my application kit, and was not on the checklist. will this ever end
The same thing happened with my application and I was ready to leave Canada as well. The person at the mail reception has put your application in the incorrect pile. the addresses for inland and outland are a different PO box but the office is the same so the person responsible for receiving the mail did not pay enough attention.

What I advise you to do (what I did and my application was approved in 3 months after they re-received it) is to write a letter stating that your application was incorrectly sent back to you as the form requested was for inland but you are applying outland. And as for this mistake you request a rush processing of your application. Also write an all the documents you can that yours is an OUTLAND application. that should enable the officer processing your application to be 100% sure that you want to apply inland. For example I had 60 pages of pictures and the story of our relationship and at the top of each page I wrote my name, UCI number (if you have one) and OUTLAND FAMILY SPONSORSHIP. I did not want to take any chances.

When you send it again you will need to wait the 56 waiting time but they might try to speed it up in the second part

I wish you luck :)

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
cortic said:
The same thing happened with my application and I was ready to leave Canada as well. The person at the mail reception has put your application in the incorrect pile. the addresses for inland and outland are a different PO box but the office is the same so the person responsible for receiving the mail did not pay enough attention.

What I advise you to do (what I did and my application was approved in 3 months after they re-received it) is to write a letter stating that your application was incorrectly sent back to you as the form requested was for inland but you are applying outland. And as for this mistake you request a rush processing of your application. Also write an all the documents you can that yours is an OUTLAND application. that should enable the officer processing your application to be 100% sure that you want to apply inland. For example I had 60 pages of pictures and the story of our relationship and at the top of each page I wrote my name, UCI number (if you have one) and OUTLAND FAMILY SPONSORSHIP. I did not want to take any chances.

When you send it again you will need to wait the 56 waiting time but they might try to speed it up in the second part

I wish you luck :)
Right now, the average processing time for us citizens is 3 months so your application wasn't fast tracked. It was processed in the same amount of time as other may us applicants. While writing a note may help get the sponsor approval quicker there is no guarantee a visa office will process it any different because Mississauga made a mistake. I do agree with making sure the application is clearly marked in big writing that it is an Outland app.

cortic

Aug 12, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
Right now, the average processing time for us citizens is 3 months so your application wasn't fast tracked. It was processed in the same amount of time as other may us applicants. While writing a note may help get the sponsor approval quicker there is no guarantee a visa office will process it any different because Mississauga made a mistake. I do agree with making sure the application is clearly marked in big writing that it is an Outland app.
I know, the note probably did not really do much but it was what the CIC told us to do when they "couldn't locate" out application and then sent it back as it was put in the inland pile. I think the note can help them see that the application has already been sent and that they have to make sure that this time the application gets processed correctly. You never know with the CIC but it is worth a try.
I am not a US citizen so I wasn't sure what to expect but it is nice to see that the CIC is speeding up with a lot of applications

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
cortic said:
I know, the note probably did not really do much but it was what the CIC told us to do when they "couldn't locate" out application and then sent it back as it was put in the inland pile. I think the note can help them see that the application has already been sent and that they have to make sure that this time the application gets processed correctly. You never know with the CIC but it is worth a try.
I am not a US citizen so I wasn't sure what to expect but it is nice to see that the CIC is speeding up with a lot of applications
Its good to know Ottawa is processing non us applications in the same time too. I've been wondering about this since it seems pretty normal other apps are being sent there instead of their country's vo. This is certainly great news for all Ottawa applications.

cortic

Aug 12, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
Its good to know Ottawa is processing non us applications in the same time too. I've been wondering about this since it seems pretty normal other apps are being sent there instead of their country's vo. This is certainly great news for all Ottawa applications.
My application was actually processed directly in Mississauga from what the CIC agent told us. I was supposed to go though Paris but they have a new "simplified process" for non complicate applications that stay in Mississauga.

Trav0370

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-07-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
29-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2014
LANDED..........
18-10-2014
MrsMissingThem said:
yey my ecas updated just today In Process but they started processing on August 18 ;D
Mine has done this too, started may 12/14.

What does this mean, really though.. its not exactly an AOR is it?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Trav0370 said:
Mine has done this too, started may 12/14.

What does this mean, really though.. its not exactly an AOR is it?
For Ottawa in process is usually the step right before decision made. Means they are looking at you application to see if they need anything else before issuing you a visa.

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
yokies said:
I was missing the same form as you.
Hey long time yokies! Any update? I called about two weeks ago and they said they received the missing document on July 15th :( so guess now we have to wait until September 15th.. This really sucks. I wish someone told us they received it because I kept calling everyday and no update. I really hope they look at our stuff and approve us quick because I don't know if I can handle everyone getting COPR :(. I'm really happy my husband is coming to toronto for a week in October to see me. But having him go back because of this whole process sucks..

yumyumhungry

Dec 4, 2013
We got a request to fill out an "Appendix A - PHL" with the writing: "Fully Completed Appendix A (attached) for you and each of your family members, whether
accompanying you to Canada or not. Passport details are not required for any family member who is not accompanying you to Canada."

Does she need to include her mother, father, and brother, who of course won't be coming to Canada and have nothing to do with our app besides being related to her?

On the form it says: Applicant (her), Spouse (me) and child 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, of which we have none.

1. So does she just fill out her name/details and mine on the form?

2. Is this a passport request form, also? It doesn't directly say that. But on the form at the bottom, it says "Address where your passport can be returned by courier collect:"

3. on page 2, Appendix B, it's another "Photograph Specifications" form. She says she sent in about 8 originally. Do they need more?

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
28-08-2014 and 09-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
Mrs.Purcy said:
Hey long time yokies! Any update? I called about two weeks ago and they said they received the missing document on July 15th :( so guess now we have to wait until September 15th.. This really sucks. I wish someone told us they received it because I kept calling everyday and no update. I really hope they look at our stuff and approve us quick because I don't know if I can handle everyone getting COPR :(. I'm really happy my husband is coming to toronto for a week in October to see me. But having him go back because of this whole process sucks..
I'm afraid no updates yet. They received my document on July 4th so they are gonna base it on this date I assume. Once the website says July 4th I'm sure it will update to at least this date this week I'm gonna get my spouse to hound them again and ask why they haven't done anything with it. I guess we are the unlucky ones where they haven't looked at our files sigh. I'm gonna be putting in a cec application too and hope for the best. Whichever one is quicker and accepted I'll take. I'm happy ur spouse is coming to visit :) hope that at least by then you will get an approval. *fingers crossed*

Trav0370

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-07-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
29-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2014
LANDED..........
18-10-2014
Anyone happen to know where the spreadsheet is for CPC Ottawa? That is, for more then just this month.

Thx

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Trav0370 said:
Anyone happen to know where the spreadsheet is for CPC Ottawa? That is, for more then just this month.

Thx
it's in my signature. i am not sure how updated it is, because the person with access to editing (zarilenth) hasn't been on since her husband landed last month. hopefully someone can get in touch with her to open up the editing rights.

Trav0370

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
AOR Received.