Waived
Passport Req..
22-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2013
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
Congrats RCV!!!

We just noticed our status has changed to inprocess as well :) Hoping we here something soon. My wife is also in Vietnam so I am hoping your luck rubs off

abcjuly1988

Jan 22, 2013
Hi Guys,

I am from Karnataka,INDIA
I was recently called to New Delhi for the VISA Interview.

I have applied for PR and I come under spousal sponsorship.
The application for Immigration was submitted sometime in May, after my wedding(in April) with a Canadian Citizen and after

a long slog through for preparing the required documents.

I had my wedding ceremony on 8th of April, 2012. This was indeed a small ceremony conducted, as my husband had to leave

back to his town on urgency note. We then submitted for the visa application.
I basically come from a orthodox Hindu family. The older people at my place demanded to see their only grand daughters

wedding happen lavishly.
To satisfy their wishes, we then decided sometime in september to conduct some of the holy rituals as a part of already

happened wedding.
My husband came all the way from canada, leaving behind his work, only to satisfy the wishes of our very elders.

After a while later, I received an email from CIC in september, after this set of rituals. I was asked to send out

photographs of my wedding, the chats that i exchanged with my husband and some of my other required identity proofs with an

enclosing letter.
In the enclosing letter, we mentioned about the wedding that happened in April, we spoke about the rituals that we

performed in september too.
The photos that we enclosed did collectively had some clicked during April function and some clicked during the ritual

ceremony.

As days passed, things were really good with us with a built up dream to join my husband on the faster note.
One fine friday morning, in october, I received an email from CIC, which read out that I am called for an interview.
I was excited and my fingers went crossed, hoping for the good response after my stimulus presence at the interview.

But, I must say, my interview was bad and screwing.
Here I go with my interview experience:
I had my interview scheduled initially @9:30AM. I was called in @10:25AM and the interview did last for hardly bad 20-30

mins.
There was an Indian lady in the interview cabin. She was sweet to me for a minute or two. She demanded for the marriage

certificate. I showed her the one that I carried with me. She then asked me to brief about my relationship~ The wedding

date, how did i come in contact with my husband before the wedding, How well settled is my husband now in Canada, his

education, his current job, about my in-laws, about my family, about my career plans after my relocation to Canada.... and

what not.
Below are my replies for the Qs posed by her:

-> How did you come in contact with your so called husband, before the wedding did really happen?
Me and my sponsor(husband) came across in the matrimony site. We exchanged few emails and found to be compatible. We then

decided to tie knots on April8th, 2012.

-> The interviewer then posed few Qs about my family, my husband's family, mu husband's work position, his living position

etc etc.
After this above sequence of Qs, She asked me, if I did get married in April at all or just submitted the fake reports for

the visa purpose.
This ruined my feelings. This put a fullstop for the dreams that I built all the way from April :(
The interviewer suspected about the wedding that happened in April. She argued that the wedding happened for sure but,

happened in September and I am falsely terming the occasion as rituals, instead of the actual wedding.
I tried convincing her with the photographs and the marriage certificates that I loyally obtained after my wedding in

April.

The interviewer was not satisfied with my supporting documents. She initially gave back my passport and said, she gives up

here for the cause.
I continued to talk politely and sticked to my disciplines and tried to convince her. After a mean while of arguments, she

took back my passport stating, I can get it back with/without visa stamped.

=============================================================================================================
Guys, Please let me know, how this will be treated at their end? I am really worried about this.
I am just hoping to join my husband at the earliest and pursue my education. I have couple of exams to be taken, for which

my passport is needed.
I have plans for pursuing my studies in a good university @ Ottawa, for which some plans are made and my husband is doing

his best to get me into the college that he studied in for MS degree.

It's been close to 2 weeks, that I had had my interview and my passport is retained by them.
Can i expect my visa at this state? Please let me know.
Also, is there a possibility of just mailing my passport without providing the visa. :(
This is just bothering me day and night.

And, it's closer to an year to celebrate my wedding anniversary :( And the pain is that I have still not joined my husband.

I am helpless.
Kindly put in your thoughts here and educate/advice me accordingly.

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga, Visa Office - Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 03 May, RETURNED 24 May.... filed again June 03 . Accpeted 5 July 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
THANKS EVERYONE! I hope good news like mine comes to many people soon!!!

silver1968 said:
Congrats RCV!!!

We just noticed our status has changed to inprocess as well :) Hoping we here something soon. My wife is also in Vietnam so I am hoping your luck rubs off
I hope my luck rubs off too that is why I wrote it. I wanted to let people know there IS a light at the end of the tunnel.

Where in Vietnam is your wife?

silver1968

Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
12-08-2012
Med's Request
re-med on 12-03-2013
Med's Done....
orig med on 03-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2013
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
We live Can Tho.....We are lucky as we have a business that allows me to travel there every other month but we dream for the day that she can get on the plane and fly back to Calgary with me.

I don't have to tell you how hard it is to hug your wife at the airport and walk away without her.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
abcjuly1988 said:
Hi Guys,

The application for Immigration was submitted sometime in May, after my wedding(in April) with a Canadian Citizen and after

I had my wedding ceremony on 8th of April, 2012. This was indeed a small ceremony conducted, as my husband had to leave

I basically come from a orthodox Hindu family. The older people at my place demanded to see their only grand daughters

wedding happen lavishly.
To satisfy their wishes, we then decided sometime in september to conduct some of the holy rituals as a part of already

happened wedding.
My husband came all the way from canada, leaving behind his work, only to satisfy the wishes of our very elders.

After a while later, I received an email from CIC in september, after this set of rituals. I was asked to send out

photographs of my wedding, the chats that i exchanged with my husband and some of my other required identity proofs with an

enclosing letter.
In the enclosing letter, we mentioned about the wedding that happened in April, we spoke about the rituals that we

The photos that we enclosed did collectively had some clicked during April function and some clicked during the ritual

ceremony.

As days passed, things were really good with us with a built up dream to join my husband on the faster note.
One fine friday morning, in october, I received an email from CIC, which read out that I am called for an interview.
I was excited and my fingers went crossed, hoping for the good response after my stimulus presence at the interview.

I had my interview scheduled initially @ 9:30AM. I was called in @ 10:25AM and the interview did last for hardly bad 20-30

mins.
There was an Indian lady in the interview cabin. She was sweet to me for a minute or two. She demanded for the marriage

certificate. I showed her the one that I carried with me. She then asked me to brief about my relationship~ The wedding

date, how did i come in contact with my husband before the wedding, How well settled is my husband now in Canada, his

education, his current job, about my in-laws, about my family, about my career plans after my relocation to Canada.... and

what not.

-> How did you come in contact with your so called husband, before the wedding did really happen?
Me and my sponsor(husband) came across in the matrimony site. We exchanged few emails and found to be compatible. We then

-> The interviewer then posed few Qs about my family, my husband's family, mu husband's work position, his living position

etc etc.
After this above sequence of Qs, She asked me, if I did get married in April at all or just submitted the fake reports for

the visa purpose.
This ruined my feelings. This put a fullstop for the dreams that I built all the way from April :(
The interviewer suspected about the wedding that happened in April. She argued that the wedding happened for sure but,

happened in September and I am falsely terming the occasion as rituals, instead of the actual wedding.
I tried convincing her with the photographs and the marriage certificates that I loyally obtained after my wedding in

April.

The interviewer was not satisfied with my supporting documents. She initially gave back my passport and said, she gives up

here for the cause.
I continued to talk politely and sticked to my disciplines and tried to convince her. After a mean while of arguments, she

=============================================================================================================
Guys, Please let me know, how this will be treated at their end? I am really worried about this.
I am just hoping to join my husband at the earliest and pursue my education. I have couple of exams to be taken, for which

my passport is needed.
I have plans for pursuing my studies in a good university @ Ottawa, for which some plans are made and my husband is doing

It's been close to 2 weeks, that I had had my interview and my passport is retained by them.
Also, is there a possibility of just mailing my passport without providing the visa. :(

And, it's closer to an year to celebrate my wedding anniversary :( And the pain is that I have still not joined my husband.

I am helpless.
This is the 2nd horror story I read regarding an interview by a national of the country where the interview takes place. The other story I read the passport was not retained and the next day the visa was denied. So having your passport in their possesion may mean the will further review it and hopefully they will grant your visa.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
silver1968 said:
I don't have to tell you how hard it is to hug your wife at the airport and walk away without her.
Have been doing this roughly every 2-3 months for the past 2 years. Hope we will all get through this period soon!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
RCVmini said:
THANKS EVERYONE! I hope good news like mine comes to many people soon!!!

I hope my luck rubs off too that is why I wrote it. I wanted to let people know there IS a light at the end of the tunnel.

Where in Vietnam is your wife?
Congrats RCVmini! That's big news! I hope luck is in the air in Victoria, BC. ::)

amfiprion

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Greece
Visa Office......
Rome
App. Filed.......
31/05/2012
AOR Received.
12/07/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012 -additional documents request 27/09/2012 -sent 11/10/2012
Med's Done....
25/05/2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
12/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/11/2012
LANDED..........
22 Feb 2013
Congrats for the good news to every one!!!

May wasn't a good month... but finally good news comes almost every day!

8)

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED :)
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 9 :)
If anyone has had an interview and wouldn't mind filling out this survey :) I am trying to see if what I heard is correct. What I heard is that if your status changes to in-process before you are asked for an interview, you probably won't have an interview. The more people that fill this out, the more well rounded the results will be. :)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N79DJW3

Once I have a larger number of responses, I'll post a nice little post with the results thus far.

Good luck to all of us in this immigration process!!

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
abcjuly1988 said:
Hi Guys,

wedding happen lavishly.

happened wedding.

enclosing letter.

ceremony.

I had my interview scheduled initially @ 9:30AM. I was called in @ 10:25AM and the interview did last for hardly bad 20-30

mins.

what not.

etc etc.

the visa purpose.

April.

here for the cause.

my passport is needed.

I am helpless.
I would be positive for you and would say they took your passport so may be you will get your visa stamped on your passport..
and thanks for the info about the interview.. (I have one ) if you can elaborate your interview. you can PM to share.
thanks

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
COPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!

Franzi

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-15-2012 (received 05-17-2012)
Doc's Request.
10-12-2012 additional information req.
AOR Received.
Vienna 09-26-2012, in process 10-09-2012, DM 01-18-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
issues 14-01-2013, received COPR 30-01-2013
LANDED..........
February 05, 2013!!!!!!!!!
bonitanita said:
COPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!
AWESOME!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!

blagogalia

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
Congrats bonitanita!!!!
I have almost the same time line and I wish I`m somewhere near :)
Best of luck!

silver1968

Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
12-08-2012
Med's Request
re-med on 12-03-2013
Med's Done....
orig med on 03-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2013
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
BCgirl2012 said:
Have been doing this roughly every 2-3 months for the past 2 years. Hope we will all get through this period soon!
Hi BCgirl!

Actually I have been doing this since 2009......I have put up some air miles thats for sure :)

Heading back again next Wed.....so excited to se my wife