+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2011

mister_h

Nov 22, 2010
So it's normal to wait this long with no updates other than Application Received? I'm just not sure if they've actually looked at the application, or are processing it, or what.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep, very normal.
mister_h said:
So it's normal to wait this long with no updates other than Application Received? I'm just not sure if they've actually looked at the application, or are processing it, or what.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buffalo is averaging around 160-170 days from date of CPC-M receiving the application to date of PPR from the VO. I too filed my application around May and I don't have anything from e-CAS besides the requisite "Application received." However, having ordered GCMS notes, I know a lot more than what e-CAS, which is not reliable unless you're doing inland, tells me. The only thing I would suggest doing, if you haven't already, is to email Buffalo and they will hopefully reply with an AOR (again, if you haven't gotten one already but I'd venture to presume you haven't as you would have included it in your message if you did). Last week, someone who was waiting for almost a year received her PPR, so unfortunately we are not Manila or New Delhi.
mister_h said:
Buffalo. We sent everything in one go, medical report, FBI clearance report, paid for the entire thing too.

mister_h

Nov 22, 2010
ddobro2 said:
Buffalo is averaging around 160-170 days from date of CPC-M receiving the application to date of PPR from the VO. I too filed my application around May and I don't have anything from e-CAS besides the requisite "Application received." However, having ordered GCMS notes, I know a lot more than what e-CAS, which is not reliable unless you're doing inland, tells me. The only thing I would suggest doing, if you haven't already, is to email Buffalo and they will hopefully reply with an AOR (again, if you haven't gotten one already but I'd venture to presume you haven't as you would have included it in your message if you did). Last week, someone who was waiting for almost a year received her PPR, so unfortunately we are not Manila or New Delhi.
Yeah neither of us have received any letters from Buffalo with regards to my spouse's application. I haven't made an attempt to contact Buffalo just because it says on the site (which I can't seem to link here) that they won't respond to inquiries unless it's past the approximate processing time.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The AOR as well as any other communication from the VO goes to the primary applicant, not the sponsor. What comes to the sponsor is the sponsorship approval from CPC-M, and in the event of a refusal of the PR application, they get a copy of the refusal letter as well.

You should still email Buffalo even though they have this disclaimer. If they received your application from Mississauga anywhere more than a month ago, they should be ready to send you an AOR.

By the way, people who filed in March have gotten through at a pretty swift pace compared to people who applied in earlier months, so if that's any indication for cases filed in the months following, we're actually the lucky ones.

mister_h said:
Yeah neither of us have received any letters from Buffalo with regards to my spouse's application. I haven't made an attempt to contact Buffalo just because it says on the site (which I can't seem to link here) that they won't respond to inquiries unless it's past the approximate processing time.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
After what another woman and her husband are going through I am getting a little nervous.

A few couples just moved through Rabat quickly before summer and now it seems things are slowing down. Of course we don't have the age issues to deal with that some couples have but it still is nerve wracking that someone else who is a complete stranger is holding your future in their hands.

You send everything possible that you can think of and yet you never know if it is going to be enough....

Although I have to say they were very good about getting us our AOR very quickly. I just wish I knew when they will actually start looking at the application.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can know it according to the Privacy Act. My GCMS notes told me that they had started working on about half of the assessments.
dair2dv8103100 said:
I just wish I knew when they will actually start looking at the application.

mister_h

Nov 22, 2010
Thanks, I will email them and see what they say. What ID should I provide? The receipt ID, or the sponsorship ID? I'm not sure which information Buffalo will have, or if they'll have both.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can certainly have both the receipt number for your file, the UCI that was found on the sponsorship approval that is your sponsor`s Client Code, as well as your name and date of birth.
mister_h said:
Thanks, I will email them and see what they say. What ID should I provide? The receipt ID, or the sponsorship ID? I'm not sure which information Buffalo will have, or if they'll have both.

FM_jun

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
I applied for my wife
Application send to Mississauga on 5 may 2011
Application received on 10 may 2011
Letter send on 13 june 2011
Received on 20 june 2011 & get client No

then i check my status online they show

DECISION MODE
Application received on 8 may 2011
Started processing application on 9 june 2011
Letter send on 12 june 2011 to Islamabad
APPLICATION received by ISLAMABAD on 29 june 2011
We received ACKNOWLEDGE LETTER on 22 june 2011 & get client No from MISSISSAUGA

but now i check my status online they are showing

IN PROCESS
We started processing your application on July 5, 2011.
what does that mean? Can we get applicant no? now what will be the next step? please help me & reply.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You got your AOR on June 22nd with a UCI and Fxxxxx and/or Bxxxxx file number from Islamabad?
FM_jun said:
I applied for my wife

DECISION MODE

IN PROCESS
what does that mean? Can we get applicant no? now what will be the next step? please help me & reply.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
FM_jun said:
I applied for my wife

DECISION MODE

IN PROCESS
Simply means they have started looking at your application.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If Islamabad sent you an Acknowledgment of Receipt, it would have included your application number. You should continue to ask others in the Islamabad thread (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/chc-islamabad-spouse-sponsorship-timeline-2011-2012-t63735.675.html), which is pretty active, as they know more about how that visa office tends to process than people on other threads.
FM_jun said:
now what will be the next step???now i will get the applicant no?

FM_jun

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
You got your AOR on June 22nd with a UCI and Fxxxxx and/or Bxxxxx file number from Islamabad?
[/quote]

they send me letter at my permanent address through canada post..no i got client no ... i didn't get applicant no....what are the difference between applicant no or client no?