Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
Congrats Darque!!!

Happy for you :)

And to those who are still waiting for visa, I will you all the best. Always be positive :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to your family Darque :)
Darque said:
My husband received his passport back from London with visa & COPR yesterday :)

London received passport 24 Aug, visa was issued 2 Sept and received passport back 8 Sept.

Officially all done. Just need to wait till our December holiday now to land :D

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, spicymum, that is quite a parallel indeed. I think perhaps it's not too much of a stretch to compare a visa interview to giving birth the natural way without an epidural, no?
spicymum said:
True!
Funny U should mention it like that, cos when I was pregnant for my daughter she took FOREVER to come out (full 42 weeks +) and I was a member of this awesome discussion forum and towards the end it seemed every1 had their baby in their arms and was coming on to tell their fun and exciting storied except me (and a few) and I was SOOO DEPRESSED and didnt come on that forum as much, just like now. ::)

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
Wow, spicymum, that is quite a parallel indeed. I think perhaps it's not too much of a stretch to compare a visa interview to giving birth the natural way without an epidural, no?
Without an epidural? Hmmmm...I cant say I would take my analogy that far. But then I wouldnt know cos I dnt have any such experience to compare with cos Im too chicken to bear even the thought of physical pain.
The waiting, expecting and more waiting ... definitely yes. :'(

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
Congrats to everyone who has got their visa!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol, me neither, I guess I was just speculating! Although some of those interviewing IOs can be quite mean I hear.....
spicymum said:
Without an epidural? Hmmmm...I cant say I would take my analogy that far. But then I wouldnt know cos I dnt have any such experience to compare with cos Im too chicken to bear even the thought of physical pain.
The waiting, expecting and more waiting ... definitely yes. :'(

arian74

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2011
Doc's Request.
July 12, 2011 (Appendix A, PP, Libyan Police Clearance
File Transfer...
June 13, 2011
Med's Done....
April 4, 2011
Passport Req..
July 12, 2011
spicymum said:
True!
Funny U should mention it like that, cos when I was pregnant for my daughter she took FOREVER to come out (full 42 weeks +) and I was a member of this awesome discussion forum and towards the end it seemed every1 had their baby in their arms and was coming on to tell their fun and exciting storied except me (and a few) and I was SOOO DEPRESSED and didnt come on that forum as much, just like now. ::)
LOL spicymum. Only if labour INDUCTION or CEASARIAN is also an option in Immigration...lol.

Congrats DARQUE!!!

And as for me, nothing! :( No update. Someone even said..."your Ecas doesn't even say IN PROCESS?"
Nyhow, husband unearthed old employment certificate of GOOD CONDUCT and old expired passport for when he was at LIBYA. So he'll send copies of that certificate and copies of the entry and exit immigration stamps on his passport. Looking back...hmm.. maybe we should have lied and did not include Libya on his past employment, NO! Caips/GCMS request is also on it's way. CHEERS everyone!!!

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
Still waiting here. I think us Buffalo folks are going to be the last in line for the Mays?

rainbowchaser

May 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 - 05 - 2011
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
Front loaded
Med's Done....
Front loaded
Hi all

We just got a request to provide more proof of our relationship, we've sent wedding pictures, text history - any suggestions welcome. They requested emails prior to us meeting except we don't have any - at that time our relationship was so new that neither one of kept a history... lol. Who knew we'd fall in love and get married :) How does one prove that from the early stages of a relationship. Does anyone think a letter from friends or family would help?

Cheers

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Absolutely, get a letter from friends and family, particularly those that were around to see you relationship evolve from the beginning. Also if you have any communications with friends/family where you refer to your SO, use that. Don't forget to include itineraries for trips taken together or to meet your significant other (sorry, I'm not 100% positive the gender from your message) and receipts of any purchases relevant to your relationship, including gifts. Not sure if you only communicated by email or what, but be completely sure that neither of you have sent messages/received messages from one another (maybe check the trash folder that never got emptied, or any archive folders you have). With phone calls and text, it's also pretty simple to get records, if they exist.
rainbowchaser said:
Hi all

We just got a request to provide more proof of our relationship, we've sent wedding pictures, text history - any suggestions welcome. They requested emails prior to us meeting except we don't have any - at that time our relationship was so new that neither one of kept a history... lol. Who knew we'd fall in love and get married :) How does one prove that from the early stages of a relationship. Does anyone think a letter from friends or family would help?

Cheers

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
rainbowchaser said:
Hi all

Cheers
Hi, I wasn't able to provide chats and emails for our first one and a half years ( we were bf/gf for two and a half years before we got married). And we never had phone bills to show. How would I know that I should keep them? hahahahha ....And changed my computer so no records already. But what I provided are entry and exit stamps of his passport, hotel receipts, plane tickets and post mails and money transfers. It has more weight compared to emails and chats.

arian74

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2011
Doc's Request.
July 12, 2011 (Appendix A, PP, Libyan Police Clearance
File Transfer...
June 13, 2011
Med's Done....
April 4, 2011
Passport Req..
July 12, 2011
rainbowchaser said:
Hi all

Cheers
Joint bank accounts. Remitance money. Any kind of communication/pictures of you with his/her family and friends and vice versa to prove that everyone is aware of your relationship will do. Thanks to Facebook. I printed all greetings/messages we received when we got engaged and married :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, Facebook really is great because apart from chat history (why don't they work on that?), all messages and wall posts you send and get are there, unless you delete them of course. It's just a pain to find things that are very old there, as well as a pain to get that stuff into a printable format. As far as regular emails, I think Gmail is the best thing to have for these purposes. As long as you don't delete anything (and you won't have to because they give you so much d@mn space), it will save emails and chat logs for you to your heart's content. With landline and cell phone companies, sometimes you can even request records if you are no longer a customer (you might have to pay though). The joint back accounts this is great, but unfortunately not pertinent as it looks like the IO wants evidence *before* the relationship got to the meeting stage (and I sure hope they didn't open a joint account before meeting, lol). I'd add: just spend some more time thinking back, and make an index. Good luck.

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
Hi May Guys,

Where can I look May applicants spreadsheet?
I just wanna compare with June.
Thnx