+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

marriage of student visa holder with canadian citizen

anupoud

Oct 16, 2012
Hi everyone,
Does anyone the following information? If anyone does, or knows whom to contact please let me know. I would really appreciate it.

A person who has student visa, if they marry a person who has canadian citizenship within canada, then
1) the file will open in the home country of the person having student visa? So they will have to go to their home country?
2) is the process of obtaining spouse visa any faster than if both get married in the home country of the person with student visa? Approximately how much time would it take to change the status from student visa to spouse visa?

thank you so much.

bobin9999

May 9, 2012
anupoud said:
Hi everyone,
Does anyone the following information? If anyone does, or knows whom to contact please let me know. I would really appreciate it.

A person who has student visa, if they marry a person who has canadian citizenship within canada, then
1) the file will open in the home country of the person having student visa? So they will have to go to their home country?
2) is the process of obtaining spouse visa any faster than if both get married in the home country of the person with student visa? Approximately how much time would it take to change the status from student visa to spouse visa?

thank you so much.
1) The student does not have to go back to his or her home country.
2) The processes are similar. It takes about 1 year, more or less.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bobin9999 said:
It takes about 1 year, more or less.
It depends where you are from. For some countries it takes less than a year - for others I can take several years.

usmantanvirbutt

Star Member
Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London / islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may-2010
anupoud said:
Hi everyone,

thank you so much.
the most important thing is does the Canadian citizen have her or his own income, do they pay taxes. If your Canadian spouse is not earning and paying taxes then he/she will not be able to sponsor your for Canadian immigration.