+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marketing Job

sophie80

Aug 27, 2008
Where is the best place to find a job in Marketing in Canada? I work in Vancouver, but had to settle for an entry-level job, while I have 8 years of experience in online marketing, managing a team, working on creating promotional strategies, retention of customers etc... I am considering moving to Toronto, would that be a better choice?

Resumeshop

Dec 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can work online in the online marketing field, why not search for jobs in Toronto, or anywhere else, that would allow you to telecommute? There is opportunity everywhere. Sometimes you just need to dig a little.

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vancouver is considered one of the major business centres in Canada, so it may not be the location. Toronto and Montreal, are likely the other two major business hubs.

Before jumping to a new city, the sometimes ugly truth may be you just need to get that first Canadian job under your belt.

many people have commented on the forums that depending on the company, some organizations still look for "Canadian" expeirence, while others will look at key skills and and will not be as hung-up on Canadian experience, if what you offer shows all the required core and transferrable skills and educational requirements.

If you have a good Canadian styled resume that showcases your skills that is important.

Always put yourself in the hiring managers shoes and ask yourself, 'what would they be looking for in the ideal candidate?"

Cdn28

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
I would agree. Vancouver should be a good city to find marketing jobs, so it may not be the location/city. Depending on how you're marketing yourself and what skills your resume is focussing on may be where you need to focus.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
sophie80 said:
Where is the best place to find a job in Marketing in Canada? I work in Vancouver, but had to settle for an entry-level job, while I have 8 years of experience in online marketing, managing a team, working on creating promotional strategies, retention of customers etc... I am considering moving to Toronto, would that be a better choice?
It is pretty normal for anyone with yr experience who is new to the canadian job mkt to be hired in an entry level job. Dont get so hung up on the fact its an entry level job, just work for a couple of months or a yr or 2 then u can get yr local canadian experience and move from there. U will land in a job that u like after that if u persist, just be glad that at least u have a job while many are still trying so hard to find one.

KSCM

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know of a job in Marketing for a entry level person? My fiance has a Ba in Marketing but is nervous that he will not find a job in marketing here as he has no experience in it yet.