+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marketing/Advertising NOC 1123 Applying for FSWP2014-Let's share info

samzhere

Mar 23, 2014
For all those who want to check the Applications per eligible occupation that have been received for the position of 1123, visit the below links and you will get to the # of applications. So far the number has only reached 15. Hope we all make it in time :)

• Goto Canadavisa dotcom
        click on Immigrate
        Then click Canada Skilled Worker Immigration. On this page, in text you will notice a link for Federal Skilled Workers. Click it.
        Once you're on the Federal Skilled Worker page, you will notice some text in red. Right after it is a link called Click here to see how many applications have been received to date. Click it!
        Bingo!

Good Luck!

Sam

Sahilm

Sep 2, 2014
Hi All,
I am the Brand Manager of a MBO Retail company. I have worked here for 1 year, and before this I was the Product Manager at Hallmark for 2 years. My Job duties in both the organisations comprised of the duties mentioned in NOC 1123. Do I qualify with these job titles? How good are my chances if I start my application now? I have already sent my documents to WES and am giving IELTS on 6th Sep. Kindly let me know ASAP

Thank you.

samzhere

Mar 23, 2014
Sahilm said:
Hi All,
I am the Brand Manager of a MBO Retail company. I have worked here for 1 year, and before this I was the Product Manager at Hallmark for 2 years. My Job duties in both the organisations comprised of the duties mentioned in NOC 1123. Do I qualify with these job titles? How good are my chances if I start my application now? I have already sent my documents to WES and am giving IELTS on 6th Sep. Kindly let me know ASAP

Thank you.
Sahilm,

You have time so don't hold back on applying. The key here is not the title or the designation but in fact from what I've read on various discussions, the responsibilities outlined under the NOC 1123 need to match 85% and more of your current & previous experience.

Like many others I didn't think this position would open up this year, and that must be the reason why it's still pacing slowly compared to the other hot NOCs.

BTW I've hardly started working on my file. All I've got is experience letters and WES report ready so far, so you're faring really well.

So good luck! and hope to catch you on the other side :)

koremeg

Oct 3, 2014
Hello,
I have the IELTS score, WES and other documents ready, except for recommendation letters.
I am doing it on my own (did not hire a consultant yet). Anyone had experience doing alone and getting positive outcome?

farhansk

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 JULY 2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
7 November 2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
15 January 2015
Med's Request
24 January 2015
Med's Done....
07 February 2015 MEDICALS RECEIVED 15 FEB [PP BIO PAGES,PCC,MR,RPRF ONLINE RECEIPT SENT ON 9TH FEB 2015]
Interview........
Waived Insha Allah
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 21 MARCH 2015 , PPR 16 APRIL , PP SUBMITTED 16 APRIL
VISA ISSUED...
SOON IN SHAA ALLAH
LANDED..........
END OF MAY IN SHAA ALLAH
koremeg said:
Hello,
I have the IELTS score, WES and other documents ready, except for recommendation letters.
I am doing it on my own (did not hire a consultant yet). Anyone had experience doing alone and getting positive outcome?
If wes and ielts redy get the letter done and fill the form up correctly its one of the most critical part .
I hope funding is available too and send your application asap.... Every one saying lot of time left but time taken from cic for assement is very long not a lot of time frame left for that....
Hope this helps

Opedge

Jul 23, 2014
koremeg said:
Hello,
=========================================================
Hi there,

I think we are in the same boat..I've got IELTS, WES and other docs ready, except for recommendation letter. So far its going good, I have about 10 years of experience, while one of the companies is shut, and I am in search of the sample formats for the JD and responsibilities, ??? :'(

farhansk

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 JULY 2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
7 November 2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
15 January 2015
Med's Request
24 January 2015
Med's Done....
07 February 2015 MEDICALS RECEIVED 15 FEB [PP BIO PAGES,PCC,MR,RPRF ONLINE RECEIPT SENT ON 9TH FEB 2015]
Interview........
Waived Insha Allah
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 21 MARCH 2015 , PPR 16 APRIL , PP SUBMITTED 16 APRIL
VISA ISSUED...
SOON IN SHAA ALLAH
LANDED..........
END OF MAY IN SHAA ALLAH
Opedge said:
=========================================================
Hi there,

I think we are in the same boat..I've got IELTS, WES and other docs ready, except for recommendation letter. So far its going good, I have about 10 years of experience, while one of the companies is shut, and I am in search of the sample formats for the JD and responsibilities, ??? :'(

Letters must be

· Written on company letterhead,
· Signed by responsible officer/supervisor,
· Have the printed name and title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature,
· Show the company`s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses,
· Stamped with the company`s official seal (if applicable)

Letters must include all of the following information:

· The specific period of your employment with the company,
· The position you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position,
· Your main responsibilities and duties in each position,
· Your total annual salary plus benefits, (must include your salary)
· The number of hours worked per week. (must include your no of work hours per week)

Opedge

Jul 23, 2014
As i mentioned i've got 10 yrs of experience in Advertising and worked in 5 different companies, at different levels.

do i need to tweak the job responsibilities for each company
or can i make it same across all the companies which is close to 85% of the JD given in the CIC ?? Any sample formats to know the difference from one company to other

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
koremeg said:
Hello,
I've the same situation as yours! I'm goin to attach two reference letters. I've got one and waiting for another one. I think we can pull it through without a consultant. We only have to be more attentive at whatever we do wrt the application.

shahraza87

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Dear Members,

I have a question I am from Pakistan, I want to apply for this NOC but I am confused I have a BS Textile Technology degree with is a 4 years degree but I have 2.5 years of experience in marketing, but I don't have a relevant degree in marketing am I eligible to apply or not. Please help.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
shahraza87 said:
Dear Members,

I have a question I am from Pakistan, I want to apply for this NOC but I am confused I have a BS Textile Technology degree with is a 4 years degree but I have 2.5 years of experience in marketing, but I don't have a relevant degree in marketing am I eligible to apply or not. Please help.
As per my understanding only experience matters and therefore you are eligible.

However, wait for other FM to comment.

Good luck

shahraza87

Star Member
May 28, 2014
EnthuChap said:
As per my understanding only experience matters and therefore you are eligible.

However, wait for other FM to comment.

Good luck
Thanks for the reply ya sure I'll wait.

ZakiaDristy

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
all sent together
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Issued on 22.12.16. 15.1.17 (collected from vfs)
LANDED..........
2017 April Insha Allah
Greetings everyone!

I have sent my application already and DHL tracking indicates that it has been delivered. I don't know how will CIC contact me now email or letter? will there be any confirmation of receiving mail or not?

I have been told that it takes 3.5 to 4 months to get acceptance letter and after that you have to get your medicals done. so i will have to wait till january 15 for my acceptance letter. But really dying to know whether they have received it yet or not.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Mumo said:
Helllo Guys!!

My profession is Sales and Marketing Executive. Spent 6+ years working for an Engineering/Industrial firm as a Marketing Executive for Solar Geysers and Electric Dab Pumps. My boss was handed exclusive dealership in Botswana. Now i work as a Sales & Marketing Executive for Daewoo Electronics in East Africa.

Initially i was applying for Australia immigration but the occupation is closed and no news of the re open date. After my IELTS test. i have been seriously considering Canada, Under NOC 1123. So do i qualify under the job code? or the job descripitions are only preferrable to marketing and PR Firms/Agencies?

Im working with an immigration consultancy firm but my consultant is insisting that my application will be rejected since the job code is only focussed on individuals with PR/Advertising Agency working experience.

Do i qualify?

Kindly help with any info so that i can lodge my application this week.
It's a misconception that only Agency workers have a brighter chance. Please visit this link of NOC 1123 http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=1123. It days that applicants of this profession come from the following background:

"They are employed by consulting firms, advertising agencies, corporations, associations, government, social agencies, museums, galleries, public interest groups, and cultural and other organizations, or they may be self-employed."

Corporations is your clue. Hope this helps. Cheers