+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital status not updated on Soft Landing

Apr 18, 2022
I did my soft landing (alone) last Friday, because my marital status was not updated they kept my passport and gave me entry for further examination form. Has anyone been in this situation before ? How much time does it usually take to resolve such issue ?
If I collect my passport and go back is there any other way to resolve this issue in future ?
My wife is a separate outland applicant and her passport is already sent for stamping.

alice17

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Victoria
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2018
I did my soft landing (alone) last Friday, because my marital status was not updated they kept my passport and gave me entry for further examination form. Has anyone been in this situation before ? How much time does it usually take to resolve such issue ?
If I collect my passport and go back is there any other way to resolve this issue in future ?
My wife is a separate outland applicant and her passport is already sent for stamping.
Hello,

Not experienced this before, but my best recommendation would be to put in a webform here https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application and explain your situation.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I think you should have updated your martial status even before landing. It seems you have been reported for withholding your status. tagging @legalfalcon who would able to assist you in this situation. Sorry but I think you have landed yourself in trouble :(