App. Filed.......
03-01-2011
Passport Req..
February 06, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
February 12, 2011
Hi Everyone!

Blessed day to all of you.

Does anybody here can help me and my husband a piece of advice, the situation is we got married in Philippines last August 2010. We got only a 30 days vacation that time, so after the wedding i went back to UAE and my husband at Alberta. My husband was a Foreign worker in Alberta since 2008 up to present. Last April of this year i came here at Alberta as Foreign worker too but I applied as "SINGLE" coz i haven't change my family name yet nor process the change of family name in my passport as our marriage certificate was released so late. Then my husband already applied for a Permanent Residency as single too as he started working here as single, we don't have our marriage certificate from NSO yet that time incase it will be needed for the process, so he decide to apply having a single status.

This time since his application were not yet started to process as per his agency he decided to declare our marriage and attached me to his PR application. Now he's confused, thinking that declaration of our marriage will affect or delay the process of his application.

Please can anybody help or advice us regarding this matter.
All opinion will be highly appreciated.

GOD BLESS

Warm regards.

Thanks

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
rhonzrose said:
Hi Everyone!

Blessed day to all of you.

Does anybody here can help me and my husband a piece of advice, the situation is we got married in Philippines last August 2010. We got only a 30 days vacation that time, so after the wedding i went back to UAE and my husband at Alberta. My husband was a Foreign worker in Alberta since 2008 up to present. Last April of this year i came here at Alberta as Foreign worker too but I applied as "SINGLE" coz i haven't change my family name yet nor process the change of family name in my passport as our marriage certificate was released so late. Then my husband already applied for a Permanent Residency as single too as he started working here as single, we don't have our marriage certificate from NSO yet that time incase it will be needed for the process, so he decide to apply having a single status.

This time since his application were not yet started to process as per his agency he decided to declare our marriage and attached me to his PR application. Now he's confused, thinking that declaration of our marriage will affect or delay the process of his application.

Please can anybody help or advice us regarding this matter.
All opinion will be highly appreciated.

GOD BLESS

Warm regards.

Thanks

So let me clarify this, he applied for PR application when? Did he submitted the PR application already to CIC? If he declared you as his spouse in the PR application there should not be no problem on his side but since you entered in April and declared your status as SINGLE you might have some issues then. It will be seen as misinterpretation and might affect your PR application. When you got married, both of you should have declared your status as married even if you don't have the papers with you yet.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree.

You definitely misrepresented yourself when you declared that you were single for the work permit.

I don't know how you fix something like this. If this misrepresentaiton is caugh by the CIC, your husband's PR application could certainly be refused. In addition, your work permit could be canceled and you could receive a 2 year ban.

I have no idea what to recommend. Perhaps others have some suggestions.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
get a lawyer

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsongco said:
get a lawyer
Absolutely hire a qualified professional to help you! The only chance that I can see that you "might" have is if your husband's PR application has not finished processing yet, you can now provide full disclosure of your marriage, beg forgiveness and throw yourselves at the mercy of CIC. There's a chance that this can be fixed but do it NOW and don't try to do it on your own. Not to beat you and your husband up about this but you've both already made several mistakes that could cost you your ability to become permanent residents. Get professional help. NOW.