02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
EddyIT said:
A courier is a private service (like DHL, Purolator etc). Using their service, they can pick-up the package from your home or you can drop it off at one of their offices (no need to travel all the way to Nova Scotia yourself :)...All details are usually on their websites

Canada Post is the "official" postal yourself and it has various degrees of speed (regular, express and Priority)...Priority is supposed to arrive in 2 business days but in my case it took almost 4 for some reason
Ok I haven't missed anything then lol. Thanks.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
santoki said:
What's the difference between Canada Post Express and a courier? Are people referring to a private courier service? If so, and the application center is in Nova Scotia, are some people choosing to courier all the way there? Wouldnt that make it extremely expensive?

Sorry if that's dumb question, I just feel like I'm missing something here...
Canada Post's Expresspost is similar to courier mails, and is delivered as courier mail with tracking number, signature, option, etc. Canada-wide guaranteed delivery is 4 days, mine was delivered in 3 days from Calgary. If not delivered in 4 days, they refund the cost to you.

niting80

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
2 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2013
My paper set is almost ready. Planning to send in the applications next week!

I will add the timelines to gdocs and signature once the process starts. The anxiety of PR process is slowly coming back :-\

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi , I will apply in 13 march I have question concerning the job history : I work at the bank since 2012 oct I had one year Mat leave so should I put this period or it is consider still working at the same position plus I had 2 month short term disability in 2013 so should I put the details or only the same job since 2012 because I am still with the bank the same position since I got hired in oct 2012 so please help me because I am confused !!

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zineb83 said:
Hi , I will apply in 13 march I have question concerning the job history : I work at the bank since 2012 oct I had one year Mat leave so should I put this period or it is consider still working at the same position plus I had 2 month short term disability in 2013 so should I put the details or only the same job since 2012 because I am still with the bank the same position since I got hired in oct 2012 so please help me because I am confused !!
That's a tough question to answer Zineb...What I would recommend is asking the bank to give you a HR letter of employment. If that letter says that you were working full time since 2012 and they don't mention the leave, then in the application just say you were working since oct 2012 and if you are asked in the interview provide further details verbally. If the letter mentions that you took mat leave and 2 month short-term leave, then make fill the application exactly the same so CIC doesn't come to you and say you put misleading information in the application. That way, during the interview you can show the letter and explain it to the officer (if they ask for details) and the letter will be your proof....

You might want to ask a lawyer as I'm not a legal expert, but that's what I would do if I were in your shoes

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply yes the hr letter says since oct 1 full time employee I just print it now from my hr website doesn't not said any mat leave or 2 month short term disability . So that why I was confused and I am still :(

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
zineb83 said:
Thanks for your reply yes the hr letter says since oct 1 full time employee I just print it now from my hr website doesn't not said any mat leave or 2 month short term disability . So that why I was confused and I am still :(
My approach is not making this kind of changes to the application but enclosing a clarification letter where you state that while you were employed at this bank since Oct 2012, your maternity leave for XX period and disability for YY period.

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
Godzilla9 said:
Canada Post's Expresspost is similar to courier mails, and is delivered as courier mail with tracking number, signature, option, etc. Canada-wide guaranteed delivery is 4 days, mine was delivered in 3 days from Calgary. If not delivered in 4 days, they refund the cost to you.
I was always planning on sending by Express Post. I just want to 100% make sure I'm using the right address is all. This is the one you used right?

Case Processing Centre - Sydney-Grant Adults
49 Dorchester
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
santoki said:
I was always planning on sending by Express Post. I just want to 100% make sure I'm using the right address is all. This is the one you used right?

Case Processing Centre - Sydney-Grant Adults
49 Dorchester
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2
Yes, that's correct

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Godzilla9 said:
My approach is not making this kind of changes to the application but enclosing a clarification letter where you state that while you were employed at this bank since Oct 2012, your maternity leave for XX period and disability for YY period.
Good suggestion Godzilla...That way the picture is entirely clear.

whammy2008

Star Member
Sep 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have just sent my application today by CP Express... fingers crossed. does anyone know how we can know the location where our file will be processed. I am based in Markham, ON.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
whammy2008 said:
I have just sent my application today by CP Express... fingers crossed. does anyone know how we can know the location where our file will be processed. I am based in Markham, ON.
I added you in the spreadsheet, please populate the missing data and keep your progress updated. Thanks
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=538581391

whammy2008

Star Member
Sep 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Godzilla9 said:
I added you in the spreadsheet, please populate the missing data and keep your progress updated. Thanks
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=538581391
Thank you

dodgeviper

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I have completed the application work for myself and family and planning to send all the documents to CIC on coming weekend. I have few questions

1) I am based in Victoria, BC and see very less applications for Citizenship from Victoria in spreadsheet. Is there any processing time difference from where you apply. As I am not sure on if they conduct any test or oath ceremony in Victoria.

2) My wife has completed 1 year certificate from Camosun college. Before that she has degree from Pakistan. Is that enough proof for language requirements.

I will post the signature after sending the application

canmr

Dec 30, 2016
whammy2008 said:
Markham applicants would most likely be processed by Scarborough CIC