+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

Didi01

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
Hello everyone,
Applied on march 3rd, I am the sponsor and my eligibility is not even started is that normal? Anyone in the same situation?

riri207

Mar 22, 2023
Hello,

I am yet to receive any update since June 9th on my background check. I will finish 5 months on August 8th since arriving in Canada. My question is do I need to apply for visitor visa extension or since I have applied for OWP and my PR is under process, it already means that I have 'implied status'.

Reactions: UKCitizen007

UKCitizen007

Jul 17, 2023
Hello,

I am yet to receive any update since June 9th on my background check. I will finish 5 months on August 8th since arriving in Canada. My question is do I need to apply for visitor visa extension or since I have applied for OWP and my PR is under process, it already means that I have 'implied status'.
I'm in same position as you! Dont worry you are on implied status until you either get qork permit or PR! I've been waiting on BGC since June 29th as that wheb I received AIP! We both on last step shouldn't be long

Reactions: riri207

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks, was there any relevant information in yours?
Not really, no notes at all, was pretty straightforward. The only thing I noticed was that my application was approved 6 days before the tracker showed eligibility and background completed.

Reactions: Didi01

UKCitizen007

Jul 17, 2023
So I rang the ircc today. P.s I've passed everything else and had AIP June 29th.
The lady on the phone said that information sharing part of my application had started but my criminality and security have not and my BGC hasn't started? I'm extremely confused. I thought that information sharing was when the third party who does the BGC shares the info back to the IRCC with either a negative or positive decision? So does this mean that I'm just waiting a decision?

Drunkarchaeologist

May 9, 2023
Has anyone had any luck? I'm still stuck on the Background check here, says "In Progress" still, not had any updates what so ever, other than a GU when I linked my application to my GCKey. I got excited yesterday as I had an email from IRCC, but it was just an email from them replying to a question I asked, get this, back in May. I couldn't get over how long it took them to reply, it was that long I totally forgot I sent them that question, hence why I got excited by the email thinking it was to do with my PR

Didi01

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
Has anyone had any luck? I'm still stuck on the Background check here, says "In Progress" still, not had any updates what so ever, other than a GU when I linked my application to my GCKey. I got excited yesterday as I had an email from IRCC, but it was just an email from them replying to a question I asked, get this, back in May. I couldn't get over how long it took them to reply, it was that long I totally forgot I sent them that question, hence why I got excited by the email thinking it was to do with my PR
Nothing, not even eligibility started for the sponsor or PA. May I ask did you receive a notification in portal when sponsor eligibility started ?

Alishab208

Aug 6, 2023
Inland spousal + OWP
Sponsor Canadian Citizen/ PA European

February 21, 2023: Submitted PR app
March 20, 2023: Returned due to missing tax form/signature
March 21, 2023: Resubmitted PR app
April 19, 2023: AOR
April 20, 2023: Submitted OWP
April 26, 2023: Medical Requested
May 26, 2023: Medical Exam Passed May 26, 2023: Biometrics Complete (had them done previously)
June 5, 2023: Sponsor Eligibility Completed
June 7, 2023: ADR for more cohabitation proof
June 14, 2023: PA Eligibility Completed and Pre Arrival Services
June 29, 2023: AIP

August 4, 2023: OWP APPROVED!!

veiron007

Sep 20, 2019
Inland spousal + OWP
Sponsor Canadian Citizen/ PA European

February 21, 2023: Submitted PR app
March 20, 2023: Returned due to missing tax form/signature
March 21, 2023: Resubmitted PR app
April 19, 2023: AOR
April 20, 2023: Submitted OWP
April 26, 2023: Medical Requested
May 26, 2023: Medical Exam Passed May 26, 2023: Biometrics Complete (had them done previously)
June 5, 2023: Sponsor Eligibility Completed
June 7, 2023: ADR for more cohabitation proof
June 14, 2023: PA Eligibility Completed and Pre Arrival Services
June 29, 2023: AIP

August 4, 2023: OWP APPROVED!!
Hi, could you please tell me what supporting documents did you provide while filling out the OWP application?

veiron007

Sep 20, 2019
We provided:
Marriage certificate
AOR from pr application
Receipt of fees paid
+ the required forms they listed on the OWP application
Thanks a lot for the reply. I don't know someone wrote that we also need proof of funds so just wanted to make sure about it?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks a lot for the reply. I don't know someone wrote that we also need proof of funds so just wanted to make sure about it?
You dont' need offical proof of funds. But you need to demonstrate that the sponsor can suport the PA and they will not need social assistance. (e.g. if housing is provied by families, will be temporary living with families, have savings, already have job/income sources in Canada...etc)

veiron007

Sep 20, 2019
You dont' need offical proof of funds. But you need to demonstrate that the sponsor can suport the PA and they will not need social assistance. (e.g. if housing is provied by families, will be temporary living with families, have savings, already have job/income sources in Canada...etc)
oh okay. thank you so much