+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
September 2019 applicant still waiting for my invite.. Test scheduled Feb 2020 and then cancelled back in March of last year, ZERO information since then. Called the office and they were like "Well, you're not scheduled for the online test anytime soon, sorry - let's send you a study guide." 6,700 people have taken the test, supposedly cancelled tests are being given a priority, but I have yet to see that filter through on my end, unfortunately.
I'm sorry, that must be frustrating. Yes, there are several 'forgotten applicants' from 2019 - not sure what is being done on those files (extended BG checks or misplaced files?). Have you tried ordering GCMS notes to see what exactly is going on with your application? If not, I would recommend that you try that.

I wish you best of luck and hopefully, you see some progress on your application at the earliest.

Reactions: chs

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
I'm sorry, that must be frustrating. Yes, there are several 'forgotten applicants' from 2019 - not sure what is being done on those files (extended BG checks or misplaced files?). Have you tried ordering GCMS notes to see what exactly is going on with your application? If not, I would recommend that you try that.

I wish you best of luck and hopefully, you see some progress on your application at the earliest.
Appreciate the empathy. I didn't mention this, but I called the office about 2-3 weeks ago and got the above spiel. I did order GCMS notes back in October, but no new information was listed post-cancellation. I can only hope that it changes soon *crosses fingers*

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

ballerbluezen

Dec 21, 2019
Quick question, should I still update IRCC about my new passport? The COVID delay forced me to renew it. Who knows when my citizenship test will be.

I don't see any option on Client application status or my correspondences about a new passport. Is it irrelevant to update them? I can only see for change in address.

Thanks in advance.

CorvusGlaive

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Quick question, should I still update IRCC about my new passport? The COVID delay forced me to renew it. Who knows when my citizenship test will be.

I don't see any option on Client application status or my correspondences about a new passport. Is it irrelevant to update them? I can only see for change in address.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, You should let them know since you have renewed it.

Reactions: single4life

nicolass

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
I don’t think they care about that. The point of listing all your passports is for them to be able to track your traveling (should they need to) during your eligibility period. Where and when you travel now has no impact on you acquiring citizenship.

ballerbluezen

Dec 21, 2019
But where? I don't see any options other than when you haved changed your mailing address. Thanks in advance.

@nicolass I have the same thoughts as you. The basis of my minimum stay in Canada was already submitted in the application so for me the new passport doesn't mean anything on the application. I'll try to give them a call just to be sure. Thanks!

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
But where? I don't see any options other than when you haved changed your mailing address. Thanks in advance.

@nicolass I have the same thoughts as you. The basis of my minimum stay in Canada was already submitted in the application so for me the new passport doesn't mean anything on the application. I'll try to give them a call just to be sure. Thanks!
I don't think you need to, but to do so go here https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
There is option to attach files, so upload your new passport bio page.

"
Check and update your application
You can check your application status online

• to find out where we are with your application
  • only afteryou’ve received an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter or email
    • You’ll get an AOR after we receive your application and check that it’s complete.
Due to COVID-19, it’s taking us longer to

• check that your application is complete
  • send you an AOR letter or email with your application number
If your case is non-routine, we may contact you to get more information or ask you to send us other documents.

Check your application statusWhen to contact us
Do not contact us about your application status if you don’t have an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter.
Due to COVID-19, we cannot
  • provide processing times or tell you how much longer it will take us to process your application
  • give you more information than what is available in the Client Application Status tool
While we process your application, contact us if any information on your application changes or if you

Due to privacy laws, we can’t give information about your application to anyone unless you consent in writing. For example, if you have difficulty communicating in English or French, you need to provide consent for a family member to contact us about your application.

"

Reference: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html (bottom of the page)

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
Hi,

I got a fingerprint request from
CIC-VancouverCitize@cic.gc.ca

Is this a normal process? I have not seen other applicants getting a finger print request.

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Hi,

I got a fingerprint request from
CIC-VancouverCitize@cic.gc.ca

Is this a normal process? I have not seen other applicants getting a finger print request.
As per their website it means your application is non-routine. It just means they require more information to review and approve your application. Someone mentioned in another forum that you usually get fingerprint request if they have multiple people with the same name in their database and they need to validate ID which technically makes sense.

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
What is your complete timeline ?
Hi Rafzy,

Mar 02, 2020 Application delivered, Aug 21, 2020 AOR, Nov 03, 2020 In Process, FingerPrint Request Feb 10, 2021
Single Applicant from Brampton, ON - Normal Processing

The reason i am worried, my application was a standard one with no exceptions. I dont know why they request Finger prints. I checked the spreadsheet, its very rare that they ask.

Reactions: kmahmoud

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
My brother received his Test invite last month. He applied in October 2019. It's an online exam anytime in February. He has the option to choose the exam date as it's already online.

In my guess, I'm expecting a test invite by June or July for March 2020 applicants.
For March-2020 applicants I guess not before Jan-2022...

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi Rafzy,

Mar 02, 2020 Application delivered, Aug 21, 2020 AOR, Nov 03, 2020 In Process, FingerPrint Request Feb 10, 2021

The reason i am worried, my application was a standard one with no exceptions. I dont know why they request Finger prints. I checked the spreadsheet, its very rare that they ask.
Don't worry, just give them the fingerprints. You won't be the first or the last to have been asked to provide fingerprints. Your name might have something to do with.

kmahmoud

May 29, 2014
Hi Rafzy,

Don't worry, FP is a normal process in some cases, this is actually good news, good to see some movement for March applications after being in the process