+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

iamgod

Jul 18, 2017
Hi All - I moved to a new address (different from the one I have it on PR card) - how can I update it to cic folks? Call them?

iamgod

Jul 18, 2017
Thanks - When I log on to this site - it throws error and this page comes:

Client Application Status
FAQ | Security

Applicants for permanent residence can receive instant email updates and more detailed, up-to-date case status by creating an online account. Find out how.
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:
  • Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLYif you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
This has been the situation since beginning - I am not able to check my status - What am I missing here? Thanks in Advance.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Thanks - When I log on to this site - it throws error and this page comes:

Client Application Status
FAQ | Security

Applicants for permanent residence can receive instant email updates and more detailed, up-to-date case status by creating an online account. Find out how.
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:
  • Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLYif you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
This has been the situation since beginning - I am not able to check my status - What am I missing here? Thanks in Advance.
Have you received your AOR? After you receive an AOR, you should be able to access the above site.

If yes, then try entering the name/surname properly, as well as the client ID without the '-' in the middle.

iamgod

Jul 18, 2017
Have you received your AOR? After you receive an AOR, you should be able to access the above site.

If yes, then try entering the name/surname properly, as well as the client ID without the '-' in the middle.

Yes I received AOR and I tried using UCI and Application ID etc but same result every time.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Yes I received AOR and I tried using UCI and Application ID etc but same result every time.
I had the same problem, but the issue ended up being with how my name was input in the system by IRCC.
So, the problem may not always be the UCI number, it could also be the name/format, and the DOB, country of birth etc.

If it doesn't work using any of those tricks, then maybe it makes sense to call IRCC and speak to them.

iamgod

Jul 18, 2017
I had the same problem, but the issue ended up being with how my name was input in the system by IRCC.
So, the problem may not always be the UCI number, it could also be the name/format, and the DOB, country of birth etc.

If it doesn't work using any of those tricks, then maybe it makes sense to call IRCC and speak to them.

Thanks - That helps - any number you refer to call them?

bk4546

May 9, 2017
Thanks - That helps - any number you refer to call them?
1-888-242-2100 (4 then 0)
Still have the same issue for my wife's application since AOR. Tried all combinations (Appln. no, UCI, Full name etc.) without any luck so far. But CIC does provide updates on the progress of your application over call.

iamgod

Jul 18, 2017
1-888-242-2100 (4 then 0)
Still have the same issue for my wife's application since AOR. Tried all combinations (Appln. no, UCI, Full name etc.) without any luck so far. But CIC does provide updates on the progress of your application over call.

Thank you very much!

smgn

Dec 7, 2017
Calgary
It doesn't really matter what address you had for PR application. What matters is the address in your citizenship application.
If you don't have an access to the ECAS you can submit a web form or call them.

AnnTaylor

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
If I already notice my application is in progress but want to request an urgent process due to job. Can I change it now? How I go about it?