+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2017 *OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANT*

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
I think it's in Ottawa. We sent it outbound. I recently went to Prescott port of entry, because after speaking to a CIC person on the phone, told me I could go to a POE and get an open work permit....got there and nope...only applies to those that are filing inbound...could of had it same day. I asked why they didn't ask that simple question on the phone...would have saved a trip and the disappointment. We didn't send an open work permit application with our file because our attorney said that most likely we would have our PR processed before the OWP....so we wait. While I was in Prescott speaking with the CBSA, he said our case was scheduled to be looked at this week, and that we would have a DM most likely this month or soon because there was nothing left on our case to process. I hope he's right, hard to trust any of what they all say now, after several let downs. My husband and myself have been going through this process for nearly 6 years....had everything done prior to December 2016, and was told we had to redo everything because of the new forms. My medical expired and had to do that twice, also almost 2 year wait on FBI prints and clearance since they couldn't read the forst set and they are so backlogged....got the last set just in time for their request. The waiting is a nightmare. Can't make any future plans...all of it. I'm positive we aren't the only ones. Just wish they would make this whole process a bit less stressful, at very least have a useful and functioning website and answer their phones! Good Luck to EVERYONE!!! Here's to hoping it all gets done before winter!!!!
Good luck. It will be great if the CBSA officers info is correct and you get DM soon. Its my second immigration and I agree the process can increase anxiety. These experiences have taught me patience and resilience and make me value what we have more. Cheers.!

Last edited:
Reactions: pnaran14

lyoncab

Star Member
May 22, 2017
NDVO seems pretty fast to me, 6-7 months for background check and DM. Do all visa offices operate like this? Specifically MVO

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Good luck. It will be great if the CBSA officers info is correct and you get DM soon. Its my second immigration and I agree the process can increase anxiety. These experiences have taught me patience and resilience and make me value what we have more. Cheers.!
Oh yes, for sure! I am ever so thankful, and VERY anxious to get this over with!!! Looking forward to having a real life with OHIP and all! :) Good Luck! Cheers!

Reactions: gotanswers?

BlueGreen

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
File Transfer...
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
19-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
13-12-2017
Finally got DM. Good luck to all waiting.
You and I virtually had the same timeline. I am American. My spouse is a Canadian citizen, but we are both living together in Canada. My background check went went in progress back in May, but I still have not received any status updates since then. Did you actually apply "outland"? And your background check actually went in progress 3 days ago?

knnn

Jul 23, 2014
I submitted already :(
Put all required documents (Letter of explanation, all PCCs in one PDF) and submit a webForm . After a week time call CIC and check if they have this latest doc you submitted via WebForm tagged to your application. Thats the best option I couldn think off.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
NDVO seems pretty fast to me, 6-7 months for background check and DM. Do all visa offices operate like this? Specifically MVO
Are you talking about Mexico? If so, check out the Mexico thread. So far, it seems 9 - 11 months for average processing times lately. (Of the people posting here, several applicants from September to December 2016 just recently got their PPR's). Hoping once those applicants get processed, Jan to Mar applicants are next to come in Oct and November.