+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2017 *OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANT*

camilafsn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Good luck!! Keep ringing. I had luck yesterday calling right at the end of the day, but I usually get that call volume message as well.

Our landing was fairly straightforward but I was so nervous about it! I had my letter of employment, sponsorship approval letter and proof of private insurance for 6 months ready to show them. We got pulled aside to a secondary interview area because we had said on our customs paperwork that we would be staying for approx 6 months. The agent just seemed really confused when I explained the situation about my husband and son "visiting" but also hopefully getting PR while visiting. She called over her supervisor who was super nice and totally fine with it. He just said "just be sure to leave the country when you are legally required if nothing is sorted yet". Once we get the 'in progress' statement on ECAS, we have implied status and they won't need to leave, but it also means my husband can start the process of getting a drivers license and medical cover in BC.

Can or can't ?

camilafsn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Oh, thanks for your insight.
I guess my application was "okay" and that's why i have got AOR1 and AOR2 as well and it is in process. If I had any problems with the application being complete, I wouldn't have any of these. Any applicant could be asked for additional documents, which is completely differs from one applicant to another. So my question was about the additional documents, not the application package itself.
Yes I get it! I just thought they could be consistent and do the same process for anything that is required! They have tons of applications to work on and they can't keep checking if we sent whatever they've required! It's just a thought anyway because nobody really knows what's going on
So maybe you want to wait and keep calm :)
Good luck to us

Reactions: gamzenoakes

xrubanx

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-06-2017
Can or can't ?
CAN- once you show that you application is "in progress" you can be considered starting your residence here according to what I have read online and when I have spoken with the people at WorkBC and the drivers license office. He cannot work legally, but he can start some medical coverage
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/are-you-eligible/applicants-for-permanent-resident-status

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
Hi,

I applied to my wife on march 24 and we got the visa last week from Beirut embassy :)
Good luck in your application!

Ali

Congratulations,

Hope we get it too, I think according to your timeline, we still need around a month, Application received on 20 April, Mississauga sent our file to Beirut on 29 June.

Reactions: yj1

alissone007

Oct 26, 2015
Hi Guys,

On the information chart received by VO, my spouse should write her name and info on the principal applicant column but the spouse or partner, she have to write my name and info or only her name is enough on the 1st line.

thanks

xrubanx

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-06-2017
Can I ask what confirmation people got when their email was transferred to their local VO? We have been in a holding pattern with Mississauga due to a technical error with submitting Schedule A. Today I finally got an email from CIC saying:

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the Schedule A - Background/Declaration Form (IMM 5669). We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration. If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

Does this mean it is being forwarded to our overseas VO? For us it would be Sydney. Or does it just mean its getting transferred to another office within Mississauga? ECAS and CIC remain unchanged- ECAS still only 1 line saying "application received March 31"

Reactions: Rana.24

ch_wa

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Hi Guys,

On the information chart received by VO, my spouse should write her name and info on the principal applicant column but the spouse or partner, she have to write my name and info or only her name is enough on the 1st line.

thanks
Sponsor name is not needed as per my understanding but gather the opinion from few others too.

gamzenoakes

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
09/03/2017
AOR Received.
13/03/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/03/2017
Med's Done....
04/04/2017
Can I ask what confirmation people got when their email was transferred to their local VO? We have been in a holding pattern with Mississauga due to a technical error with submitting Schedule A. Today I finally got an email from CIC saying:

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the Schedule A - Background/Declaration Form (IMM 5669). We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration. If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

Does this mean it is being forwarded to our overseas VO? For us it would be Sydney. Or does it just mean its getting transferred to another office within Mississauga? ECAS and CIC remain unchanged- ECAS still only 1 line saying "application received March 31"
That means your file has been transferred to your visa office; Sydney.
Now you will wait to see another line saying " we started processing your application" which is AOR2. This might take approximately 3-7 days ( mine was 4 days I guess)

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Anyone else's background check starting yet?

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
Now you will wait to see another line saying " we started processing your application" which is AOR2. This might take approximately 3-7 days ( mine was 4 days I guess)
Hmmm...I got the same email after docs upload - and my file is still sitting in Mississauga - so it might be not a transfer email. I thought that the transfer email should explicitly contain the name of the visa office where the app is sent, no?

Reactions: Shereen2017

Shirley.mariano

Jul 3, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-04-2017

I sent mine tru webform on march 31, 2017. Then sent tru mail on july 6, 2017. Until now, theres no confirmation from them. On my gckey says - the additional documents have been upload. My ecas is still -application received. :(
I called the agent says no documents yet..

:( :(

Shirley.mariano

Jul 3, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-04-2017

I sent mine tru webform on march 31, 2017. Then sent tru mail on july 6, 2017. Until now, theres no confirmation from them. On my gckey says - the additional documents have been uploaded. My ecas is still -application received. :(
I called the agent says no documents yet..

:( :(

gamzenoakes

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
09/03/2017
AOR Received.
13/03/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/03/2017
Med's Done....
04/04/2017
Hmmm...I got the same email after docs upload - and my file is still sitting in Mississauga - so it might be not a transfer email. I thought that the transfer email should explicitly contain the name of the visa office where the app is sent, no?
Yeah, I checked the email that my sponsor got, it specifically tells the location of the visa office.
Where is your application now? I mean if it not in the PA's country's visa office, where does it go?