+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Maybe someone can help me. In my application for travel date i put in MAY 20 instead of MAY 21. I got confused with the date cause there's no departure stamped. Will this be ok? it's only 1 day difference. I was worried about this.

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pongpong said:
For interview after test, do i have to bring my residence calculator? I dont have a copy of it anymore. As what i remember i sent it with my application and i didn't make a copy for myself.
No you don't need the copy of residence calculator.

You only need Copy of biographical pages of all your passports(current and expired) and travel documents.
And you need to carry originals of all the document you send along with your application.

For my test, Officer only checked original Passports, landing papers, pr cards, driving licence, care card. She matched them with copies i sent, and check marked saying verified.

And again i am repeating myself, if you are frequent US traveler by road, n don't have all stamps on your passport take i-94 report. It is available online at no cost.

bongeorgeo

Apr 16, 2011
draxz1289 said:
In process since June 22nd Toronto single applicant, any one else in the similar timeline?
Same here ! You are not alone , GTA is slow

If I traveled couple of times outside Canada in the last 3 years, should I translate the stamps ? If yes , WHERE?!

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Smile_Canada said:
No you don't need the copy of residence calculator.

You only need Copy of biographical pages of all your passports(current and expired) and travel documents.
And you need to carry originals of all the document you send along with your application.

For my test, Officer only checked original Passports, landing papers, pr cards, driving licence, care card. She matched them with copies i sent, and check marked saying verified.

And again i am repeating myself, if you are frequent US traveler by road, n don't have all stamps on your passport take i-94 report. It is available online at no cost.
Thank you Smile_canada. One more thing please. U mentioned to bring travel documents. is it like what? I only travelled to the Philippines. I didnt have a stamp of leaving and entering Canada in my passport but i have a stamp of arrival and departure in the philippines. Second travel was to New york by plane, Stamped at the airport through US border wasnt clear. I think i only have the stamped for 6 months visit but the end date wasnt clear. Coming back from the states , i have a stamped of entering Canada. Do u think i bring my etinerary with those travel? I hope i can find it. Also u mentioned to bring all original documents. My only concern is my IELTS. I only have a photocopy cause i sent my original before for my PR aaplication. I can bring a photocopy. Did they ask or see your original IELTS report?

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pongpong said:
Thank you Smile_canada. One more thing please. U mentioned to bring travel documents. is it like what? I only travelled to the Philippines. I didnt have a stamp of leaving and entering Canada in my passport but i have a stamp of arrival and departure in the philippines. Second travel was to New york by plane, Stamped at the airport through US border wasnt clear. I think i only have the stamped for 6 months visit but the end date wasnt clear. Coming back from the states , i have a stamped of entering Canada. Do u think i bring my etinerary with those travel? I hope i can find it. Also u mentioned to bring all original documents. My only concern is my IELTS. I only have a photocopy cause i sent my original before for my PR aaplication. I can bring a photocopy. Did they ask or see your original IELTS report?
I was even not sure what they mean by travel documents, but it was mentioned in my test Letter.
I took my son's PIO(Person of Indian Origin) card that he needs to travel to India, and i took our nexus cards. But officer didn't looked into any of those.

Ur Philippines stamps should be ok, bcoz i too have traveled to India twice and same i have stamps from India for arrival and departure, and she was ok with those. And i think you should be ok for US travel as well , as u have both stamps entering US and coming back to canada. You don't need to show any itinerary.

Regarding IELETS, i didn't have that. I sent photocopies of letters from my school and college stating that medium of instruction is English . And along sent all my education certificates. I took originals of all those including school letters. But she didn't look into any of those.
So i am sorry i can't say how will it work for u, because in test letter they mention clearly that bring original of all documents u sent with ur application.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Smile_Canada said:
I was even not sure what they mean by travel documents, but it was mentioned in my test Letter.
I took my son's PIO(Person of Indian Origin) card that he needs to travel to India, and i took our nexus cards. But officer didn't looked into any of those.

Ur Philippines stamps should be ok, bcoz i too have traveled to India twice and same i have stamps from India for arrival and departure, and she was ok with those. And i think you should be ok for US travel as well , as u have both stamps entering US and coming back to canada. You don't need to show any itinerary.

Regarding IELETS, i didn't have that. I sent photocopies of letters from my school and college stating that medium of instruction is English . And along sent all my education certificates. I took originals of all those including school letters. But she didn't look into any of those.
So i am sorry i can't say how will it work for u, because in test letter they mention clearly that bring original of all documents u sent with ur application.
Thank you again Smile_canada. U make me feel better now. i hope i can pass the test. Im a bit nervous..

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We sent you a notice on August 20, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 17, 2015 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
hgn said:
We sent you a notice on August 20, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 17, 2015 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congrats

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anyone recall the info before about the color of the test invite? I read somewhere a lot of people got yellow test invite, we got ours in white, are there any distinct differences on test invite paper colors?

WindsorFeb15Aspirant

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hgn said:
anyone recall the info before about the color of the test invite? I read somewhere a lot of people got yellow test invite, we got ours in white, are there any distinct differences on test invite paper colors?
Congrats hgn! I just received the test invite letter in white. I don't think it signifies anything, or may be the time of the test? Mine is at 1 pm.

Raincouver

Mar 17, 2014
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 24, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 1, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 1, 2015.
Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 10, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
We sent you a notice on August 12, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 9, 2015 at 1:03 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Update....

Nervous about test...My friend just got test last month. He said the test is very tricky...

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raincouver said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 24, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 1, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 1, 2015.
Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 10, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
We sent you a notice on August 12, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 9, 2015 at 1:03 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Update....

Nervous about test...My friend just got test last month. He said the test is very tricky...
The % of people passing the test I guess it's more than 90%.

Millu

Sep 28, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-2-2011
LANDED..........
23-4-2011
Havent have too much time to update here :/
Work and kids keep me busy :p

I got called to the citizenship test and i attended this past Monday.
It was very straightforward test and went very smoothly. Passed and after that my documents reviewed and talked with the officer.

I will be getting a call to the Oath in 2-3months he said :)

whoopwhoop