+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2013 Applicant

fakejordan

Oct 4, 2012
drlexigray said:
Wow fakejordan!! your applic was fast!! considering that the usual processing times are 13 months for hongkong/china!
I have the same question --- does this mean fakejordan gets his visa in 20 days?

BTW, i have a question... in case the canadian embassy issues a passport request -- how long does it usually take them to return it to you? (i submitted in Manila, Philippines). I'm asking because my job will require travel to the US in the near future, and I'm concerned that if they get my passport - I won't be able to travel. Whats the best way to solve this...? I'm worried that they might just request the passport and have it stuck there for several months (like what i've been reading with New Delhi).
Thanks, I assume it will take 20 days. I've been checking over the Hong Kong Visa Office thread on the site. It seems like there will be no interview for my spouse and expecting the passport and maybe COPR within 20 days. Best of luck to you too.

KKMoe

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2013
Doc's Request.
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
congratulations!!

DsWifey

Mar 8, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 22, 2013
File Transfer...
April 16, 2013 (SA) Received: May 07, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb. 04, 2013 Validity: Feb.14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct.08, 2013 CEM Received: Oct. 10, 2013 DM: Nov.18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov.14, 2013
LANDED..........
Dec. 27, 2013
fakejordan said:
Hi Guys,

My spouse got her AOR from Hong Kong Visa Office on April 26, 2013. Today, May 3rd 2013, they requested her passport. Just an FYI, this is the letter:

"Dear Applicant:

Pending a final assessment of admissibility criteria to ensure that all requirements have been met, your permanent resident application may be ready for approval and visa issuance in the near future. In order to finalize your application more quickly, we are requesting your passport(s) at this time.

You must submit your passport(s) to this office within 45 days of the date of this letter in order to finalize your application. Read and follow the important information and instructions set out below.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

• YOU MUST REPORT NOW IN WRITING TO THIS OFFICE ANY CHANGE IN YOUR MARITAL STATUS OR FAMILY COMPOSITION which you have not previously reported. This includes birth or death of a child, death or divorce of a spouse, marriage contracted by yourself or by any of your dependent children on your application, new custody arrangements regarding your children, an adoption involving you and your spouse.

• Once you receive your passport(s) with visa(s), please check the visa expiry date carefully (it is usually one year after the completion of your medical exam), as you must travel to Canada before this date. If you fail to use your visa(s) before this date, you will not be able to become a permanent resident as your visa(s) will be invalid and you will be required to start the entire procedure from the beginning of the process, including submitting a new application and fee. No extension to this date is possible.

• Your permanent resident visa and those of your family members, if any, will be valid to the earliest of two dates:
1) the validity of your medical report or the validity of your family member's medical report if you have a family member on your application; or
2) the validity of your passport or the passport of your family member, if you have a family member on your application. Therefore if your or your family member's passport expires before your medical report, first obtain new passport(s) and then forward them to this office for visa issuance.

• You must travel to Canada before the expiration date of your permanent resident visa. This office will not reopen and reprocess your application because you fail to use your permanent resident visa before it expires.

• No follow-up or reminder letter will be sent. Therefore, you are requested to immediately react to the instruction set out in this letter.

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S):

1/ The total number of passports you are required to submit is one .

2/ Each passport must contain at least (2) blank pages for visa documentation.

3/ Send your passport(s) by mail or courier to this office.

Courier Address: Consulate General of Canada
Immigration Section
12/F, One Exchange Square
8 Connaught Place
Hong Kong

Mail Address: Consulate General of Canada
Immigration Section
G.P.O. Box 11142
Hong Kong

4/ Your passport(s) will be returned to you by registered mail - COMPLETE THE ATTACHED FORM AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR PASSPORT(S) - the address you provide on this form will be the address we use to return your passports.

5/ Due to the volume of visa processing at this office, it generally takes us 20 working days to issue permanent resident visa documentation and return your passports."

Now my question is, does that mean she will get her passport back with her PR visa in 20 days? Does anyone has any time frame? We are planning for our honeymoon this year outside the country and her passport will be needed. Hopefully I can bring her to Canada after the honeymoon, exciting times.

Good luck to you all.

fakejordan :)

WOW!! congratulations! :D

LiaJoi

Apr 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-March-2013
AOR Received.
16-April-2013
File Transfer...
23-April-2013 AOR From Visa Office 7-May-2013
Passport Req..
13-August-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-August-2013
LANDED..........
17-August-2013
fakejordan said:
Hi Guys,

My spouse got her AOR from Hong Kong Visa Office on April 26, 2013. Today, May 3rd 2013, they requested her passport. Just an FYI, this is the letter:

"Dear Applicant:

Pending a final assessment of admissibility criteria to ensure that all requirements have been met, your permanent resident application may be ready for approval and visa issuance in the near future. In order to finalize your application more quickly, we are requesting your passport(s) at this time.

You must submit your passport(s) to this office within 45 days of the date of this letter in order to finalize your application. Read and follow the important information and instructions set out below.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

• YOU MUST REPORT NOW IN WRITING TO THIS OFFICE ANY CHANGE IN YOUR MARITAL STATUS OR FAMILY COMPOSITION which you have not previously reported. This includes birth or death of a child, death or divorce of a spouse, marriage contracted by yourself or by any of your dependent children on your application, new custody arrangements regarding your children, an adoption involving you and your spouse.

• Once you receive your passport(s) with visa(s), please check the visa expiry date carefully (it is usually one year after the completion of your medical exam), as you must travel to Canada before this date. If you fail to use your visa(s) before this date, you will not be able to become a permanent resident as your visa(s) will be invalid and you will be required to start the entire procedure from the beginning of the process, including submitting a new application and fee. No extension to this date is possible.

• Your permanent resident visa and those of your family members, if any, will be valid to the earliest of two dates:
1) the validity of your medical report or the validity of your family member's medical report if you have a family member on your application; or
2) the validity of your passport or the passport of your family member, if you have a family member on your application. Therefore if your or your family member's passport expires before your medical report, first obtain new passport(s) and then forward them to this office for visa issuance.

• You must travel to Canada before the expiration date of your permanent resident visa. This office will not reopen and reprocess your application because you fail to use your permanent resident visa before it expires.

• No follow-up or reminder letter will be sent. Therefore, you are requested to immediately react to the instruction set out in this letter.

Immigration Section
8 Connaught Place
Hong Kong

Immigration Section
G.P.O. Box 11142
Hong Kong

4/ Your passport(s) will be returned to you by registered mail - COMPLETE THE ATTACHED FORM AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR PASSPORT(S) - the address you provide on this form will be the address we use to return your passports.

5/ Due to the volume of visa processing at this office, it generally takes us 20 working days to issue permanent resident visa documentation and return your passports."

Now my question is, does that mean she will get her passport back with her PR visa in 20 days? Does anyone has any time frame? We are planning for our honeymoon this year outside the country and her passport will be needed. Hopefully I can bring her to Canada after the honeymoon, exciting times.

Good luck to you all.

WOW that was fast, Congras!!!

kjocson18

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
19-03-2013(Saying app was received 08-03-2013)
File Transfer...
05-04-2013
Med's Done....
27-01-2013
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
ASAP?
LANDED..........
ASAP?
fakejordan said:
Hi Guys,

"Dear Applicant:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

Immigration Section
8 Connaught Place
Hong Kong

Immigration Section
G.P.O. Box 11142
Hong Kong

Good luck to you all.

Congratulations! You're almost there buddy

mr.peace

Apr 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Phils.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 24, 2013
AOR Received.
April 17, 2013
File Transfer...
April 23, 2013
Med's Done....
March 20, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 27, 2013 F.Beronia Recv'd PP: Oct 15, 2013 V.O. returned PP: Nov 1, 2013 Resent PP....: Dec 27, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014 received but dated March 20.
LANDED..........
April xx, 2014
fakejordan said:
Hi Guys,

"Dear Applicant:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

Immigration Section
8 Connaught Place
Hong Kong

Immigration Section
G.P.O. Box 11142
Hong Kong

Good luck to you all.

Now this what we call good news.... CONGRATULATIONS!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
ArtSnow said:
Hi everyone.
My wife is sponsoring me, we sent our application on March 10TH and I would like to start by thanking everybody in this forum that takes the time to help others with all these forms, procedures and whatever more I forget, if it wasn't for you guys I would have never been able to consummate this process, as the information at the official site is not only confusing as in most cases useless.
We're applying inland and the office is Vegreville.
Meanwhile, on March 20TH I received an Email requesting some details more for the Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669), I overlooked the dates I was unemployed back in Portugal and they wanted the details of my address and occupation (unemployed) during those times.
My question, if anyone knows, is it normal to receive news from them 10 days after sending the application?
Also, in the common "lingo" of this process, is this POA, SA or something along those lines?
Once again, thank you all for your help (I spent almost 3 years reading this forum before we could send our application, when the time came it was straightforward)
Good luck all and God bless.

P.S- I would love to edit my profile and put my info on it as the rest of you guys have, but couldn't work around, just couldn't find how to edit :)
you can only edit your profile once you have posted 10 times.
As you're an inland applicant, you might get more answers if you ask in the Inland 2013 thread ( or 2012) as most applicants here are outland and the process is very different.
Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
drlexigray said:
Wow fakejordan!! your applic was fast!! considering that the usual processing times are 13 months for hongkong/china!
I have the same question --- does this mean fakejordan gets his visa in 20 days?

BTW, i have a question... in case the canadian embassy issues a passport request -- how long does it usually take them to return it to you? (i submitted in Manila, Philippines). I'm asking because my job will require travel to the US in the near future, and I'm concerned that if they get my passport - I won't be able to travel. Whats the best way to solve this...? I'm worried that they might just request the passport and have it stuck there for several months (like what i've been reading with New Delhi).
Manila is similar to New Delhi for that - they ask for the passport quite early in the process, and can keep it for a while. So if you do get a passport request, you can maybe explain that you're traveling for work ( and include the proofs, letter from the company, flight tickets booked etc) from that date to that date and you will send the passport after that.
Good luck,
Sweden

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Sweden said:
you can only edit your profile once you have posted 10 times.
As you're an inland applicant, you might get more answers if you ask in the Inland 2013 thread ( or 2012) as most applicants here are outland and the process is very different.
Good luck,
Sweden
Thank you so much Sweden, I found it and I'm already there, sorry to have posted in the wrong place.

aman_sidhu

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Doc's Request.
Waiting for renewed PP since 07-02-2014
AOR Received.
O1-04-2013
File Transfer...
12-04-2013
Med's Done....
08-02-2013
Passport Req..
11-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In process since 15 oct 2013
Hello everyone......any updates???

LiaJoi

Apr 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-March-2013
AOR Received.
16-April-2013
File Transfer...
23-April-2013 AOR From Visa Office 7-May-2013
Passport Req..
13-August-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-August-2013
LANDED..........
17-August-2013
aman_sidhu said:
Hello everyone......any updates???
nope still waiting

drlexigray

Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-27-2013
AOR Received.
04-17-2013
File Transfer...
04-19-2013 (SA)
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
09-26-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-20-2014
LANDED..........
02-26-2014
no change here as well. :(

conina

Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
File Transfer...
24-04-2013
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
Same here :(

by the way I was wondering, if my spouse wants to come for a visit to Canada aside from the letter of invitation is there anything else I need to send? would this slow the sponsorship process?