+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program, After the Visa

ankit.nayyar

Jun 4, 2009
hi,
i started my application to the mpnp in 2007, finally we have recieved our visas. there are some questions in my mind though. first being that i have recieved single entry immigration visas for me and my family and the date of expiry of the visas are 19 march 2010. I would like to know what if i go to canada during this time and come back to india to dispose of my property after setting up my family in canada after a few months. will i need to apply for a visa again.
Secondly my son has appiled to various US universities for a MS PROGRAM , will it be better for him if he studies in the us or in canada coz the cost of study in canada will be considerably lower than in the US.

liya

Jun 5, 2009
once you get your permanent resident card, you don't need to apply for a visa to re-enter in canada.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liya said:
once you get your permanent resident card, you don't need to apply for a visa to re-enter in canada.
Hi,

what is single entry visa? Is it generally issued or something different from PR, please clarify.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
single entry visa simply means you'll use the Visa to enter the country once. On like multiple entry visas that you use to enter the country multiple times. If your PR visa says single entry no worries.You'll get into the country and once your PR card is issued then you'll use the card to travel in and out of the country.

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so how long did it take u from applying for manitoba provincial nomination, to getting ur permanent resident visa?

please give a breakdown of how long it took for each step, and what date was it completed.

Thanks.

ankit.nayyar said:
hi,
i started my application to the mpnp in 2007, finally we have recieved our visas. there are some questions in my mind though. first being that i have recieved single entry immigration visas for me and my family and the date of expiry of the visas are 19 march 2010. I would like to know what if i go to canada during this time and come back to india to dispose of my property after setting up my family in canada after a few months. will i need to apply for a visa again.
Secondly my son has appiled to various US universities for a MS PROGRAM , will it be better for him if he studies in the us or in canada coz the cost of study in canada will be considerably lower than in the US.

jarla

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
ankit.nayyar said:
hi,
hI,
You dont have to get a visas again if your a Permanent residence. You can leave canada anytime but ofcourse your stay outside will not be counted for your days to be a citizen. You have to get your Permanent Res Card coz that will serve your Visa after you entered Canada.

I think its better in Canada since its cheaper but Im sure the ciriculum is the same with the US.

Hope this will help.

Rgrds

Jarla

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jarla said:
ankit.nayyar said:
hi,
hI,
You dont have to get a visas again if your a Permanent residence. You can leave canada anytime but ofcourse your stay outside will not be counted for your days to be a citizen. You have to get your Permanent Res Card coz that will serve your Visa after you entered Canada.

I think its better in Canada since its cheaper but Im sure the ciriculum is the same with the US.

Hope this will help.

Rgrds

Jarla
Hi Jarla,

I am interested in MPNP. I have also read the instructions on its site. Will two supporting affidavits from two friends serve the purpose? How much time will it take to get approval from Manitoba authorities?

Thanks.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charninder said:
jarla said:
ankit.nayyar said:
hi,
hI,

Hope this will help.

Rgrds

Jarla
Hi Jarla,

I am interested in MPNP. I have also read the instructions on its site. Will two supporting affidavits from two friends serve the purpose? How much time will it take to get approval from Manitoba authorities?

Thanks.
Hi seniors,

Where to send the application for MPNP approval and how much time will it take to get approval from Manitoba? If I arrange affidavits of support from two friends will it do?

Thanks for your time and advice.