+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila V.O. - Waiting for the Passport with the Visa

freetorch99

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mimi0713 said:
canimmigrant----->very well said! ang hirap lng nga espelengin nila ha, mas mahirap pa sa pinakamahirap na French word :D :D sabi doon sa COA, we (new immigrants ::)) should not pretend that we know everything or understand everything when talking to a true blue Canadian, coz its also their culture not to give u valuable info unless u ask for it, one example by SIR KRIS KLEMM when we had our COA seminar, is when u enroll in a particular school u should ask if they have bursaries/scholarships applicable to ur circumstance coz they will never tell u unless u ask...ganon sila katipid sa ENglish nila :eek: :eek: :eek: so unlike us na kahit hirap mag straight English masyadong mahaba ang script just to be sure we convey/get the info we need to have or share with. so sana, if they dont want us to bombard them with repetitive inquiries, nag issue na lng sila ng official statement regarding this matter, professional naman tayong lahat dito, we can understand, pasado naman IELTS level natin di ba :D :D :D :D i just feel sorry for those working abroad, those who have resigned earlier and those whose kids stopped schooling because of this visa issuance turning haywire :( :( :( :( ang laki ng nawala sa kanila ha...i just pray that telling them this oft-cited cliche PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE, at least VISA na lng hintay natin, etc..... would do the trick...i really do...LOKI's post is pure fact, and I do empathize with the people paddling on that same canoe.
and yes, you're right! PRAYERS move mountains, nothing can be truer!!! this roller coaster ride of waiting is, indeed, making us more prayerful persons, di ba? lets PUSH (PRAY UNCEASINGLY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS) ;) ;) ;) ;)

sirempe----> yan ang di ko alam, sori talaga, cant be of help on that question :( :( maybe all planes bound for any province has to stop either in Toronto or Vancouver whichever is nearer and the immigration officers are there to do the final interviews...then it goes anywhere na....di tlga ako sure d2. i didn't bother to ask kasi TORONTO ang destination ko :-[ :-[
mimi0713, I like your statement, very well said ;D

tinang_m

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
january 2010
Doc's Request.
march 2010
AOR Received.
june 25, 2010
Med's Request
august 26, 2010
Med's Done....
september 15, 2010
Passport Req..
november 9, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
may 3, 2011
LANDED..........
God willing june 17, 2011
thank you canimmigrant for enlightening me/us :)

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
everyone, thank you... sino pa ba naman ang magkakampihan kundi tayo... we are all on the same boat... and tama din si breana/gandasia, it is therapeutic to let off steam from time to time... if you notice, meron din akong windang moments a few pages back sa thread natin :eek:... and guys like mimi, noelzech etc. lifted me up ;D... palitan lang tayo ng pagka ungas hahahaha... di tayo pedeng sabay sabay... ;) ;D ;)

naniniwala ako na parating na ang visa natin... wag na tayong masyadong mainip... ang importante, wala pa dito sa atin ang nagka problem pa sa release ng visa... talagang nirerelease, mega delayed nga lang... sa kabilang thread, sila faithfully hopeful and snakeyes, duda ko di pinapadalhan ng PPR for the very same reason na wala pang visa available for them gaya natin... kesa i hold mga passports nila na gaya ng nangyari satin, hindi na muna kinukuha...

tama si badztmaru... at least our passports are with them na... parang US na lang ang mangyayari sa atin nito... sa US kasi, 6mos lang validity ng medical... so roughly 3 to 4mos lang ang time na meron ang mga immigrants nila mag prepare pagka release ng visas nila... so parang ganon ang mangyayari sa atin...

kahit kakatamad mag prepare ng walang hawak na visa, sinimulan ko na din... nag list na ako ng things to bring to canada and yung grocery list para sa unang punta ko sa grocery doon... saka kung anu ano pang achuchuchu... isang kahon ng pansit canton dadalhin ko, yun muna papalafang ko sa mga bagets ko for the first few weeks hahahaha!

mag ielts na din ako ulit sa june para sa licensure ko (goodluck jack!)... gawin na ang mga gagawin...

mimi, continue to be a ray of sunshine... i agree with you, OC din ako at matanong... so feeling ko, mga 10 years bago ako mag aadapt sa isang tanong isang sagot nila sa canada wahahahaha... kaya humanda sila sakin pag dating ko doon... ;) dudugo ilong nila sa pagsagot sakin wahahahah ;D

sirempre, ladyk is right... there are immigration offices in all provinces... problem is, if you are coming from asia, particularly philippines, you will initially enter canada through vancouver or toronto dahil iyun lang ang may direct flights tayo... you will just get a connecting flight to edmonton if ever... so you will have to go through vancouver's immigration before you can get to your connecting flight to edmonton... so port of entry mo vancouver but final destination mo is edmonton (God, i wish ganito din ang VO mag explain sa atin pag dating sa mga passports natin wahahahaha!)... so be mindful of your luggages... iba ang weight limit sa international and domestic flights... maybe heatspine can give you pointers... ;D ;D goodluck on your flight! do keep in touch and share your experiences with us when you land...

wala ba nakatanggap ng visa ngayon na hindi nag DM sa ecas? ::) anyways, next week na naman! :-*

heatspine

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2010
File Transfer...
08-06-2010
Med's Request
02-09-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
24-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011
LANDED..........
20-07-2011
noelcezh said:
guys any updates po!!!! heatspine any info about canada para may mabasa uli ako
hi noelcezh. my recent post was on The Province of Alberta ... ang ganda pala dun ... and Edmonton is a very interesting place. Makes me think where to settle talaga.

Anyway, you can also check my post on the Ontario and British Columbia. I'll continue to do this, just give me time pa kasi kailangan ko rin humatak ng info.

heatspine

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2010
File Transfer...
08-06-2010
Med's Request
02-09-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
24-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011
LANDED..........
20-07-2011
Amen to your post canimmigrant. Immigration is a very difficult decision. All of us will have to adjust ... Culturally malamang ma-shock rin tayo. Most of us will be working there and I must say, be prepared. To those who have worked here in the Philippines with no multinational background, I'm sure ma-experience nyo rin yung difference ng cross cultural setup. You will be surprised at how the Westerners work. Pag may argument, they are aggressive, kasi ang nature nila is you really have to stand up and prove your point. The credibility is really earned and once nakuha mo na yun, then saka pa lang i-recognize yung true worth mo. Just by the thought, yung pagkainip sa visa ay biglang nawawala, kasi I'm thinking that I need to arm myself better. I have to sharpen more of my skills and better yet know the things that I will be going into.

@hellokitty_catnip: welcome back. good to hear that you got your refund! woohoo ..... more money to use.

vedabyys

Aug 18, 2010
Hi guys!! any good news today? may nagDM or nka receive ba ng visa????? 1+1=3 God please spare us your mercy and guide us with your love and wisdom against this adversity.

loki

Mar 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
09 Sept. 2010
Med's Done....
19 Sept 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20 Oct 2010 Visa Expiry 09 Sept 2011
faithfully hopeful,
Maraming salamat..kagaya nang sabi mo darating din yan...Ung brother in law ko dapat sabay kami kaya lang may additional medical requirement sila. His daughter needs additional test because of down syndrome and until now waiting for ppr sila. Nauna pa sila mag apply sa amin.

think happy thoughts :D :D :D sabi ni tink and peter pan para lumipad na sa canada :p :p :p. My prayers to everyone...

starlight30

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
19-08-2010
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
will decide after visa issuance
jack*** said:
Nice rationalization canimmigrant! You're right, we must divert our attention to other things while waiting for our visas... there's a perfect time for everything... right now Im busy reviewing for IELTS, I will take ielts again on May 7, expired na rin kasi and I need it for RN licensing.... To all of us, lets be productive na lang while waiting, there are many things to do, and positive vibes palagi! Haay.. Im so glad I can read all of your thoughts... Thank you again guys! God Bless us all!
Hi Jack,
Sabay tayo kukuha ng exams on May 7. IDP ka rin ba? Ano ang date ng old result mo ng IELTS? 1 year expiry lang ba yon?

Starlight

canadarch

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
FEB/07/2011
heatspine said:
Amen to your post canimmigrant. Immigration is a very difficult decision. All of us will have to adjust ... Culturally malamang ma-shock rin tayo. Most of us will be working there and I must say, be prepared. To those who have worked here in the Philippines with no multinational background, I'm sure ma-experience nyo rin yung difference ng cross cultural setup. You will be surprised at how the Westerners work. Pag may argument, they are aggressive, kasi ang nature nila is you really have to stand up and prove your point. The credibility is really earned and once nakuha mo na yun, then saka pa lang i-recognize yung true worth mo. Just by the thought, yung pagkainip sa visa ay biglang nawawala, kasi I'm thinking that I need to arm myself better. I have to sharpen more of my skills and better yet know the things that I will be going into.
Good point there heatspine and you're right we must all be prepared. In my positive point of view, if you know you're qualified enough to do your job (which we all are in this forum), you're gonna be fine and just be confident and they will respect you for that. your true worth will not be measured thru argument, they're mostly good people so don't worry.

jack***

Mar 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-24-2010
Doc's Request.
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
25-08-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
14-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
in process...
LANDED..........
waiting.. wishing end of march or 1st week april
starlight30 said:
Hi Jack,
Sabay tayo kukuha ng exams on May 7. IDP ka rin ba? Ano ang date ng old result mo ng IELTS? 1 year expiry lang ba yon?

Starlight
hello starlight! Nice, sabay pala tayo, may 7 idp ako.. last ielts ko dec 2008, dapt kasi sa canada na sana ako magexam, since wala pa, dito ko na lang kunin para pag dating dun lesser stress... Good luck sa IELTS natin starlight! Ill pray for u too...

starlight30

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
19-08-2010
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
will decide after visa issuance
jack*** said:
hello starlight! Nice, sabay pala tayo, may 7 idp ako.. last ielts ko dec 2008, dapt kasi sa canada na sana ako magexam, since wala pa, dito ko na lang kunin para pag dating dun lesser stress... Good luck sa IELTS natin starlight! Ill pray for u too...
thanks Jack! My speaking test will be on tuesday then written on saturday. goodluck too!

noelcezh

Jan 21, 2009
manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heatspine said:
hi noelcezh. my recent post was on The Province of Alberta ... ang ganda pala dun ... and Edmonton is a very interesting place. Makes me think where to settle talaga.

Anyway, you can also check my post on the Ontario and British Columbia. I'll continue to do this, just give me time pa kasi kailangan ko rin humatak ng info.
heatspine sa alberta kami nice info

heatspine

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2010
File Transfer...
08-06-2010
Med's Request
02-09-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
24-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011
LANDED..........
20-07-2011
noelcezh said:
heatspine sa alberta kami nice info
thanks noelcezh.
are you going to calgary? or edmonton? bakit pala yun ang choice mo?

Lionheart

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 10, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 08, 2010
Med's Request
July 2010
Med's Done....
Sept. 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct. 20, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in Gods time....
heatspine said:
thanks noelcezh.
are you going to calgary? or edmonton? bakit pala yun ang choice mo?
heatspine thanks for the useful information you're sharing...and canimmigrant tama ka sa paliwanag mo yun din sabi ng brother ko who's there already...wag daw maiinip and visa will be in our hands soon...kasi hindi naman nila paabutin yun na ma-expire...so PRAY na lang tayo lahat and be positive....Goodluck everyone... :) :) :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

heatspine

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2010
File Transfer...
08-06-2010
Med's Request
02-09-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
24-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011
LANDED..........
20-07-2011
I guess this would alleviate the anxiety on this thread. I asked this to Qorax who is a senior here and has very good sticky posts across the forum.

Heatspine:

Thanks for the past reply Qorax. Let me rephrase.

Are there any cases wherein the PPR is issued, the passport then sent and then the passports weren't returned back (in time) and the validity of the visa (as stated in the PPR) has already expired? I'm asking this because I noticed that the passport return has really slacked whereas before it takes 3 weeks now its taking around 5-6 months.

If there are cases like that, is there something we can do about it?

Qorax:

CIC would never send u the stamped PRVs with only a few days validity... they'd provide u ample time to perform 'landing' -- even if the meds were about to expire.

Usually, if the PRVs r stamped neck-n-neck to the meds expiry [1yr from the meds taken] -- CIC would offer u another 2 odd month's grace pd of PRV validity. That is to say u'd then get a PRV that has an expiry date for 14 months from the meds [usually it's with 12 months only].

Qorax