+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
June 2013 Applicant. Technically Manila received my wife's application on August 1st, 2013 though.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Hwseyl said:
Hi,

Is no one updating the spread sheet or is nothing happening? No one has had their status changed to In Progress in 2015?

Also, just curious, does anyone know what are the reasons an application would be refused besides non-sufficient proof of genuine marriage? Ours is taking sooooo long so I'm freaking out a little. We are making plans for our big move but it makes me nervous without knowing what is happening with my husbands PR.

Heather
Besides "genuineness"?? Criminality is the only thing I can think of. Medical conditions if any, seem to only delay things, not end up in an outright refusal. Perhaps 'documents' NOT in order.

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
truesmile said:
Besides "genuineness"?? Criminality is the only thing I can think of. Medical conditions if any, seem to only delay things, not end up in an outright refusal. Perhaps 'documents' NOT in order.
Ah, thank you. My husband does have a health issue but it's totally under control so I forgot about it. Wonder if that's what's delaying things.

Tanli

Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15 2013
Doc's Request.
Apr 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 15 2013
Med's Request
Feb 27 2015
Med's Done....
June 2013, Mar 2 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 6 2015
LANDED..........
soon!
CanNZ said:
June 2013 Applicant. Technically Manila received my wife's application on August 1st, 2013 though.
Congratulations CanNZ, your application and mine seem to be following a similar timeline. We applied just a few weeks after you July 2013 and our application was sent to Manila exactly a month later. We had to send in additional documents in May and we haven't heard anything from Manila except that our application has been in a queue for review. Glad to hear that the queue is moving!!! Finally :D Did you contact any MPs? Did you have to re-do any medicals or criminal record checks?

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Tanli said:
Congratulations CanNZ, your application and mine seem to be following a similar timeline. We applied just a few weeks after you July 2013 and our application was sent to Manila exactly a month later. We had to send in additional documents in May and we haven't heard anything from Manila except that our application has been in a queue for review. Glad to hear that the queue is moving!!! Finally :D Did you contact any MPs? Did you have to re-do any medicals or criminal record checks?
Actually my wife's status on the CIC website is now, "in process" not sure if that's better or worse than "in progress". I have never ordered the GMSC Notes(think that is just throwing more of our money down the drain) but have been on my MP's (reps) ass since August. On January 7th we were given an order for my wife to redo her medical, which we did on January 9th, but haven't heard from them since. When I talked to the MP rep, about Jan. 12th, he told me that Manila had tentatively approved my wife (they decided that our application is legit and she is not a security risk) and wanted the remed due to the original one expiring, not due to any health issues.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
CanNZ said:
Actually my wife's status on the CIC website is now, "in process" not sure if that's better or worse than "in progress". I have never ordered the GMSC Notes(think that is just throwing more of our money down the drain) but have been on my MP's (reps) ass since August. On January 7th we were given an order for my wife to redo her medical, which we did on January 9th, but haven't heard from them since. When I talked to the MP rep, about Jan. 12th, he told me that Manila had tentatively approved my wife (they decided that our application is legit and she is not a security risk) and wanted the remed due to the original one expiring, not due to any health issues.

Yes, you are good, In Process is good, and they don't ask for re-med if they are not going to issue the visa, Now its just matter of waiting, congratulations. The day is coming soon.

ilwoo81

Jan 27, 2014
Yay~
In Process

Permanent Residence
1.We received your application for permanent residence on June 27, 2014.

2.We started processing your application on January 22, 2015.

3.Medical results have been received.

now how long..

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Been just over a month for my wife, we went to 'in process' on Jan 7th.

pago974

Oct 2, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for my wife it's been "in process" since October last year.... we applied in May, and until it gets to Manila, all went very smoothly, 30 days for SA, 3 weeks for CSQ. Since October, the CAM requested the passport and the the Appendix A, then the CSQ, and then the background checked ( CSQ was mailed by Quebec to them already, and that Background thing was part of the documents in the Application we sent).

but then, no more information ... :'(

Regarding MPs, do they have any power to get information regarding a case? how did you guys get in touch with them?

thanks in advance :)

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pago974 said:
for my wife it's been "in process" since October last year.... we applied in May, and until it gets to Manila, all went very smoothly, 30 days for SA, 3 weeks for CSQ. Since October, the CAM requested the passport and the the Appendix A, then the CSQ, and then the background checked ( CSQ was mailed by Quebec to them already, and that Background thing was part of the documents in the Application we sent).

Regarding MPs, do they have any power to get information regarding a case? how did you guys get in touch with them?

Just Google MP and your postal code to find out the name and contact information of your MP. And yes your MP's assistant can contact CIC and get update for you. But remember, the processing time of the Manila VO is 15 months, so you can't complain until after 15 months.

amjad1002

Oct 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila phip
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
Med's Request
already sent
Med's Done....
11-08-2013 and redo 08-02-2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
02-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
3 Feb 2016
pago974 said:

Put your area code and find your MPhttp://www.parl.gc.ca/Default.aspx?Language=E

bealem

Jul 19, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife received a letter from CEM on Feb.4, 2015 saying her "visa for permanent residence to Canada is ready to be issued conditional on a final admissibility review by an immigration officer".

They also noted that her medical expires on Mar.5, 2015 and asked if she can land in Canada by then. She email replied saying yes!

The letter also asked for her passport, Appendix A and photos., which she couriered to Manila on Feb.6. They were received at CEM via LBC tracking on Feb.9.
She was also contacted by CEM on the phone to confirm that she could actually land in Canada by Mar.5. They seemed genuinely concerned and very helpful.

Her status changed to "In Process" on Feb.4

That's it. So just waiting for the courier to send back the passport with visa attached...
We are hoping to get them soon since they know her medical expires on Mar.5. and she needs to do the seminar.
Anything else we are missing??

I took a leap of faith and have booked airplane tickets to leave Philippines on Feb.26........

Excited!!!

quechuong

Aug 7, 2013
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I received an email from the Manila office, asking my Mom to go for a medical examination and provide a police certificate.

They didn't tell us the address where we can send the police certificate. Anyone here knows the address ? or have come across this before ? Many thanks and please see the below letter. By the way, how long would it take from the time of medical examination sent to passport request ?

"Dear MS. VVVV:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class.

Your application is now being processed in Manila, Philippines. Please note that your application number remains the same.

We have completed an initial review of your application and we now require the following information/documents in order to continue processing your application:

Complete medical examinations for yourself and eligible dependent(s), if applicable, for your spouse/common-law partner and all your dependent children, whether they are accompanying to Canada or not.

YOUR MEDICAL FORM(S) AND INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE SENT SEPARATELY TO THE SAME E-MAIL ADDRESS(ES) WITHIN 72 HOURS.

The issuance of these instructions does not constitute acceptance of your application. You should not make any commitments related to the application until your case has been concluded such as disposing of properties/assets, resigning from employment, discontinuing studies, etc.

IMPORTANT: Immigration medical results are only valid for 12 months from the date of the examination.

You should make arrangements to undergo the required medical examinations within thirty (30) days from the date of this letter.

Original and valid police certificates from all countries where you and any family member age 18 and over have resided for 6 months or more. Please visit this link for country-specific instructions:
If the police certificate is not in English or French, you must include a translated copy.
Note: If you require police certificates from Japan, Hong Kong, or Brunei, e-mail us atmanilimmigration@international.gc.ca in order to obtain the additional letter required for the police clearance.
For Vietnam:

Judicial Certificate, Version 2 (Phieu Ly Lich Tu Phap So 2) which must be applied for in person at the Provincial Justice Department (So Tu Phap) where your permanent residence is registered.

We will notify you of next steps once we receive and assess your documentation.
Failure to comply within the time indicated may lead to the refusal of your application.

Family Reunification Unit
Immigration Section, Manila"

wangdicky

Jun 9, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2014
AOR Received.
AOR 28-11-2014....SA 09-12-2014
File Transfer...
08-01-2015
Med's Done....
27-05-2014
Passport Req..
10-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 24-04-2015.....VOH 7-05-2015
quechuong said:
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I received an email from the Manila office, asking my Mom to go for a medical examination and provide a police certificate.

They didn't tell us the address where we can send the police certificate. Anyone here knows the address ? or have come across this before ? Many thanks and please see the below letter. By the way, how long would it take from the time of medical examination sent to passport request ?

"Dear MS. VVVV:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class.

Your application is now being processed in Manila, Philippines. Please note that your application number remains the same.

We have completed an initial review of your application and we now require the following information/documents in order to continue processing your application:

Complete medical examinations for yourself and eligible dependent(s), if applicable, for your spouse/common-law partner and all your dependent children, whether they are accompanying to Canada or not.

YOUR MEDICAL FORM(S) AND INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE SENT SEPARATELY TO THE SAME E-MAIL ADDRESS(ES) WITHIN 72 HOURS.

The issuance of these instructions does not constitute acceptance of your application. You should not make any commitments related to the application until your case has been concluded such as disposing of properties/assets, resigning from employment, discontinuing studies, etc.

IMPORTANT: Immigration medical results are only valid for 12 months from the date of the examination.

You should make arrangements to undergo the required medical examinations within thirty (30) days from the date of this letter.

Original and valid police certificates from all countries where you and any family member age 18 and over have resided for 6 months or more. Please visit this link for country-specific instructions:
If the police certificate is not in English or French, you must include a translated copy.
Note: If you require police certificates from Japan, Hong Kong, or Brunei, e-mail us atmanilimmigration @ international.gc.ca in order to obtain the additional letter required for the police clearance.
For Vietnam:

Judicial Certificate, Version 2 (Phieu Ly Lich Tu Phap So 2) which must be applied for in person at the Provincial Justice Department (So Tu Phap) where your permanent residence is registered.

We will notify you of next steps once we receive and assess your documentation.
Failure to comply within the time indicated may lead to the refusal of your application.

Family Reunification Unit
Immigration Section, Manila
My wife received ppr through e-mail. She was instructed to send her passport by courier to this address:

Embassy of Canada
ATTN: Visa Section
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines

quechuong

Aug 7, 2013
wangdicky said:
My wife received ppr through e-mail. She was instructed to send her passport by courier to this address:

Embassy of Canada
ATTN: Visa Section
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines
Thanks !