+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Low Income

sanna

Aug 6, 2012
Hi
I am a Canadian citizen and I want to sponsor my wife only from Pakistan. My question is that my income is low I work 12 hours per week but permanent. I am looking for a second job as well now and I am hopping I will get one. I am not taking any welfare or any other social assistance and I dont need it. Would this make any problem for my wife sponsorship? Or should I wait till I get some kind of full time job then start her sponsorship paper? Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
There is no minimum income to sponsor your wife.
:)

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
sanna said:
Ok Thanks for your quick reply and info!
Like LeisaP mentioned there is no income requirement for spousal applications. But speak with any lawyer and they will tell you, when your VO is looking over your file they want to see you can financially support your spouse. Keep in mind the point of this sponsorship application is to prove 2 things 1) Your relationship is genuine, and legal 2) You can provide for your spouse till he/she receives a Canadian citizenship. Which means no welfare, no social assistance.

So dont worry about income, apply now, just make sure you can prove later on that till your spouse is a citizen you can provide for him/her and they will not need and social assistance.

sanna

Aug 6, 2012
One more think I want to ask.
I am working part-time for someone for now I also register a computer repair and webdesign business from home just 2 months before. I am planing I will work after hours or when i am off from my other job from home. Till now I have no revenue from this source. It is home based business I don't have any employee now so it not have much expenses. The only expense for now is advertising which cost not that much.

So the question is Should I tell them I have my own business and hoping this will become source of income for me in future? Would this help and the visa officer might count it as as a plus point

Or I should just leave it not worth of headache and they will ask so many other things to prove to them that i have business.

Thanks

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
That question would probibly be best answered by a lawyer ... but even you you decide you dont want to include your home business in your application now, you can include it later on, when you have a UIC number

sanna

Aug 6, 2012
Thanks for your info
What is UIC number? Is this business license or business number. I have legally registered and have official name for it, but the only thing is I did not advertise it that much so I don't have business account in the bank for it. Because I did not received payment yet.

Thanks

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
sanna said:
Thanks for your info
What is UIC number? Is this business license or business number. I have legally registered and have official name for it, but the only thing is I did not advertise it that much so I don't have business account in the bank for it. Because I did not received payment yet.

Thanks
I think CKnD meant UCI, which stands for Unique Client Identifier. This is a number that immigration will give you a bit after you've submitted your file.

lunamenezes

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
hi, my husband want to sponsor me , but last year he was sick and his income tax was low as $12.000 , my question is , he can still sponsor me ? This year he been working for a company that can provide a letter that said how much him makes now.. this help ?

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi, my husband want to sponsor me , but last year he was sick and his income tax was low as $12.000 , my question is , he can still sponsor me ? This year he been working for a company that can provide a letter that said how much him makes now.. this help ?
yes, I think it would be no problem to sponsor you. I had 14k last year and I was approved to sponsor my wife in Vietnam.