Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-03-2012
Hello all,

I have been a member for some time now and am now in a dire need of some advise.

I got married in Pakistan in January 2011 and in January of 2012 I sent my application to the Canadian Immigration Office. In March 2012, I received a letter from the Canadian Immigration Office stating my file has been approved and has been sent to Islamabad, Pakistan for my wife's sponsorship. At that point the wait time was 26 months.

In June of 2012, I asked the office of the MP of Halton, Lisa Raitt for some help regarding my wife's sponsorship since my mother was ill and required female support and care. I was advised that the MP's office isn't able to extend any assistance. At that time I was told that my wife's file is in Islamabad and I had to wait 26 months from May 2012, according to the information it took 2 months for the file to reach Islamabad. I understood that it may have taken some to reach there thus I didn't dwell on this issue any further.

In November of 2012 I once again got in touch with the MP's office and was advised that my wife's sponsorship file had NOT been sent to Islamabad as of yet and was mistakenly forgotten at the Mississauga office. The MP's office assured me that the Canadian immigration had confirmed there was a mistake on their part and will send the application to be dealt with accordingly.

In March of 2014 due to a lack of correspondence from the Canadian Immigration office or otherwise, I once again contacted the local MP's office; At this time I was told, via e-mail, that the file had reached Islamabad in September of 2013. This means that since January of 2012 to September of 2013 the file had just been sitting in Canada and the office had forgotten to send it. In the same email I have been told that the waiting period is now 32 months and that the waiting period starts from September of 2013 since that is when the file reached Islamabad. This means that our case will take an additional 24 months with the grand total adding up to 48 months of waiting with no error on our part.

This is the whole story and I am not sure who to contact and what to do

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Haseeb

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
I'm really sorry for what you're going through and unfortunately I don't have any advice to give you on how to proceed. Maybe try contacting a newspaper or the media to get your story heard. If you're lucky, it could be that CIC will admit their mistake and expedite your application.

Wishing you good luck and be positive.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avadava said:
I'm really sorry for what you're going through and unfortunately I don't have any advice to give you on how to proceed. Maybe try contacting a newspaper or the media to get your story heard. If you're lucky, it could be that CIC will admit their mistake and expedite your application.

One of the Inland 2013 applicants (I believe it was a member called Cirene) had something similar happen and her application was expedited after it had been lost and then found.

Good luck!

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
Avadava said:

It may work. Try Go Public on CBC. http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/indepthanalysis/gopublic/

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
heybuddy said:
Hello all,

I have been a member for some time now and am now in a dire need of some advise.

I got married in Pakistan in January 2011 and in January of 2012 I sent my application to the Canadian Immigration Office. In March 2012, I received a letter from the Canadian Immigration Office stating my file has been approved and has been sent to Islamabad, Pakistan for my wife's sponsorship. At that point the wait time was 26 months.

In June of 2012, I asked the office of the MP of Halton, Lisa Raitt for some help regarding my wife's sponsorship since my mother was ill and required female support and care. I was advised that the MP's office isn't able to extend any assistance. At that time I was told that my wife's file is in Islamabad and I had to wait 26 months from May 2012, according to the information it took 2 months for the file to reach Islamabad. I understood that it may have taken some to reach there thus I didn't dwell on this issue any further.

In November of 2012 I once again got in touch with the MP's office and was advised that my wife's sponsorship file had NOT been sent to Islamabad as of yet and was mistakenly forgotten at the Mississauga office. The MP's office assured me that the Canadian immigration had confirmed there was a mistake on their part and will send the application to be dealt with accordingly.

In March of 2014 due to a lack of correspondence from the Canadian Immigration office or otherwise, I once again contacted the local MP's office; At this time I was told, via e-mail, that the file had reached Islamabad in September of 2013. This means that since January of 2012 to September of 2013 the file had just been sitting in Canada and the office had forgotten to send it. In the same email I have been told that the waiting period is now 32 months and that the waiting period starts from September of 2013 since that is when the file reached Islamabad. This means that our case will take an additional 24 months with the grand total adding up to 48 months of waiting with no error on our part.

This is the whole story and I am not sure who to contact and what to do

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Haseeb
sounds familiar. Hang in there !!!!!! Never give up hope :D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You could try a writ of mandamus - but you'll need a lawyer and it will cost several K.