+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lost appeal

ilovekj

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
eeza said:
we submitted it last feb and got SA on March 5... I know short term relationship could be a big question for genuine relationship. But i believe it's gonna be ok...My husband had been divorce for 7 years before meeting me and been alone for 10 years....hope CIC considers my husband's dream to be with someone growing old....:)..(dramatic isnt it?..lol)....
Ohh haven't submitted mine yet, i just got married last May 2013, he is 22 yrs of age and iam 25. he is a canadian citizen (fathers canadian and mom is a filipina) He is the only one in canada, his sister and mother are here in ph. Im just gathering everything me and hubby will be needing.. then we're off to start the application. How long have you known your hubby before you got married?

Me and hubby are both single before we got married and i think the only thing they might question is that we got married on first meeting and that my hubby isn't in good terms with his family (even before we met hubby has a big issue with his family) I know hubby can be childish i asked him before why he didn't want me to meet his mom and family relatives since they're all in ph, all he says is that (there's no point of you meeting them, they never treated me as family so why bother?)
with the stories he told me he must've been hurt badly before, so i guess thats why he hold grudges against them, in which case i didn't press the topic anymore (i just hope they'll patch things up one day)
He didn't bother inviting any of them in our wedding, he was just fine inviting his childhood best friend who is like his brother who was present, a couple of our common friends, and of course my family which he has no problem getting along with.

I guess im worried with those things that VO might question, its so hard being away from my husband. Thankfully we have skype, whatsapp and viber it somehow makes things better. but nothing compares being with him, holding his sleepy face every morning while he smiles at me :( ohh my! i miss him dearly and its only been a month since he left :(

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
gladiateur19 said:
i was on cairo visa office topic freeislam,i have seen and read your posts before,but i didn't know you had kids from the previous marriage,,,but saying that your man has met your youngest son twice,this is a good proof,,,but i do think the guy who made the interview has already decided to give a refusal even before your husband got into the interview room...that's the same thing noureddine told me before,that the agent seemed like she has already taken her decision,because whatever he was trying to say and answer her questions,she kept saying im not satisfied,or that's not enough,,,etc etc etc,,,,
can i ask you please about all of your red flags,,,if you dont mind please? :)
Hi there, I agree that it was already decided long before my husband entered the room also... I am divorced with 2 kids... only the youngest has been with me twice to egypt (the older one in high school at the time and couldnt miss) I met my husband 4 years and 4 months ago on the net... I went frist time in 2011... stayed for 3 weeks and married 1 week before leaving.... Octobter will be 2 years married... I am 36, my husband 29... personality wise this is fine... he is very serious, and I fun loving ..balancing each other out perfectly. I as rasied catholic, but have been drawn to Islam since 2009ish...I been practising since then, but only finally converted when I went to Egypt.... as there really isnt any grand mosques here... I felt egypt was the perfect place to convert... and start my many new commitments.
We had a beautiful big-ish (100 ppl) wedding on a rented yacht on the nile... all of my husbands family in attendance... mine did not attend...as it is $$$$ to fly across the world (2nd wedding pending arrival in canada with my side)....I believe that sums it up.... my son and I just left egypt May 7th... he got the call for the interveiw when we were in the air for May 12th.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gladiateur19 said:
im saying the same,there must be something worng,,,cuz the chances to win an appeal are almost 99%,,,so to get denied there must be some solid reasons,,,noureddine,please take your time and clear your mind and get your wife to live with you for a while if she can do that,,,because i know it's not always that easy,people keep saying just ask your wife to come and leave with you,but they know nothing about her conditions,,,i know you will get to be with her at the end,if your love is real and pure
You might want to check your facts. Do a search on CANLII http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/index.html Search on Sponsorship dismissed

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
PMM said:
Hi

You might want to check your facts. Do a search on CANLII http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/index.html Search on Sponsorship dismissed
PPM..... tell me. I checked this link and I cannot find our case/appeal there. Are all the cases on this site?

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
freeislam000 said:
Hi there, I agree that it was already decided long before my husband entered the room also... I am divorced with 2 kids... only the youngest has been with me twice to egypt (the older one in high school at the time and couldnt miss) I met my husband 4 years and 4 months ago on the net... I went frist time in 2011... stayed for 3 weeks and married 1 week before leaving.... Octobter will be 2 years married... I am 36, my husband 29... personality wise this is fine... he is very serious, and I fun loving ..balancing each other out perfectly. I as rasied catholic, but have been drawn to Islam since 2009ish...I been practising since then, but only finally converted when I went to Egypt.... as there really isnt any grand mosques here... I felt egypt was the perfect place to convert... and start my many new commitments.
We had a beautiful big-ish (100 ppl) wedding on a rented yacht on the nile... all of my husbands family in attendance... mine did not attend...as it is $$$$ to fly across the world (2nd wedding pending arrival in canada with my side)....I believe that sums it up.... my son and I just left egypt May 7th... he got the call for the interveiw when we were in the air for May 12th.
I am wondering what are the reasons they may deny specific people, but not others?
If it is age difference, I have seen a couple who had a 25yr age gap... So it shouldn't be solely based on age difference.. (at least I'm guessing)

If it is on the length of an engagement (or something along those lines), I have seen a similar case in which the wedding was held on their first meeting and everything went smoothly for them..

Doesn't CIC give you the chance to provide more evidence proving how genuine the relationship is, if there isn't enough all ready?

I am starting to really worry .... We also have quite an age gap, and our marriage was done in a very traditional way... So some of the issues that have been brought up I can relate to.

I was hoping that I (the Canadian citizen) also go for the interview if my husband is called in for an interview (as moral support, and to clarify anything they may feel isn't right...), and bring along all other evidences...
And do the GCMS notes help prepare you for any of this? :'(

I really need to understand..

Kuudir2

* I am very sorry to hear what has happened, don't lose hope.

M

mikeymyke

Age gaps are not a big deal, depending on the culture/country, and what their attitudes are towards age differences. In USA for example, a VO wouldn't care so much for a 20 year age difference

eeza

May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013,package resent due to no med,24-02-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
nov.6,2013
LANDED..........
dec.10,2013
Kuudir2 said:
I am wondering what are the reasons they may deny specific people, but not others?
If it is age difference, I have seen a couple who had a 25yr age gap... So it shouldn't be solely based on age difference.. (at least I'm guessing)

If it is on the length of an engagement (or something along those lines), I have seen a similar case in which the wedding was held on their first meeting and everything went smoothly for them..

Doesn't CIC give you the chance to provide more evidence proving how genuine the relationship is, if there isn't enough all ready?

I am starting to really worry .... We also have quite an age gap, and our marriage was done in a very traditional way... So some of the issues that have been brought up I can relate to.

I was hoping that I (the Canadian citizen) also go for the interview if my husband is called in for an interview (as moral support, and to clarify anything they may feel isn't right...), and bring along all other evidences...

Kuudir2

hi..we have the same case...My husband met in net, chatted for 4 months and married the 5th month the first time we met in person... Im 31 and he's 46 now... And our wedding was just civil since he's not Christian...I think the VO will judge according to the culture of the couple.....Im bit worried about our application but I still hope evrything will be ok....

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

hi i just looked it ,and i found between 2011-01-01 to 2012-12-30 there is 14 cases,,,so that's not a big number...

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
Kuudir2 said:

Kuudir2

Hey there, thank you and Im ok now, the initial shock is over and angery/ determination has set in :) I wonder the same things... I think really it has alot to do with the mood of the VO ...sadly. I know that being there for the interview would be helpful.... so if you can do that, your a step in the right direction! We did get married in the first visit, but it was after 2 years of knowing eachother...
Caips notes from what i have seen are only helpful towards the end of your application... I ordered ours before and it was a whole lot of nothing.
I haven't lost hope... I love my husband and for that alone, I wont give up...
You dont lose hope too and try not to worry too much!

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
freeislam000 said:
Hey there, thank you and Im ok now, the initial shock is over and angery/ determination has set in :) I wonder the same things... I think really it has alot to do with the mood of the VO ...sadly. I know that being there for the interview would be helpful.... so if you can do that, your a step in the right direction! We did get married in the first visit, but it was after 2 years of knowing eachother...
Caips notes from what i have seen are only helpful towards the end of your application... I ordered ours before and it was a whole lot of nothing.
I haven't lost hope... I love my husband and for that alone, I wont give up...
You dont lose hope too and try not to worry too much!
I give you props for your determination. Although I am very upset to hear that this has happened to you. Our reunions with our loved ones are in their hands, unfortunately...

I pray that it will all work out smoothly for you, and stay motivated to keep at it.

By the way, I noticed you all said that even before the interview, it has been decided to deny you... Would it be possible to change their minds at the interview? I intend to go for that reason...

eeza said:
hi..we have the same case...My husband met in net, chatted for 4 months and married the 5th month the first time we met in person... Im 31 and he's 46 now... And our wedding was just civil since he's not Christian...I think the VO will judge according to the culture of the couple.....Im bit worried about our application but I still hope evrything will be ok....
When did you send in your application? Our situations are very similar.. But I am continuously gathering more evidence of our communication, and will most likely be there for the interview. our VO is Cairo, can I ask what is yours?

I noticed the Cairo VO gives very short notices for the interview.. Would it be possible that I ask beforehand that they give me a months notice?

Kuudir2