+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
computergeek said:
Nothing wrong with ordering notes. It's the only mechanism you have for obtaining a glimpse into the process. As long as you ask for "electronic notes" it won't perturb the processing time.
Thank you!

vkms

Oct 16, 2013
When was the last known response from the LA office regarding an outbound immigration application, and what was the date that application was first received?

Whoever does the spreadsheet, you can add us - application received Aug.12/13, sponsor decision made Sept. 6/13 and immigration app forwarded to LA. CSQ received in late October (don't have the date handy). No acknowledgement of receipt by LA or any update since then. From what I see on these boards, I don't expect to hear anything until March or later though. My wife could come to Montreal already obviously as an American, but she is delaying because she's worried about being here while not being able to work - she wants to be able to keep busy. The waiting game is very frustrating!

OKLandman

Jul 30, 2013
computergeek said:
Nothing wrong with ordering notes. It's the only mechanism you have for obtaining a glimpse into the process. As long as you ask for "electronic notes" it won't perturb the processing time.
which notes do I order? My wife is a Canadian Citizen and I'm American. I am living in Canada now but only on a visitor permit. Do I request Immigration File:permanent Residence or Sponsorship File? My wife is sponsoring me but I applied for permanent residency. Also do I get the same info using the Privacy act that I would using Access to Info act?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
OKLandman said:
which notes do I order? My wife is a Canadian Citizen and I'm American. I am living in Canada now but only on a visitor permit. Do I request Immigration File:permanent Residence or Sponsorship File? My wife is sponsoring me but I applied for permanent residency. Also do I get the same info using the Privacy act that I would using Access to Info act?
If you are the applicant, you want the permanent residence. If you are in Canada, you are making a privacy act request (because you are IN Canada) and thus there is no fee. You want the electronic notes.

OKLandman

Jul 30, 2013
^^^ Thanks.. I just sent in my request. I am in the same application month and boat as Thaliada. App sent in June, still just says application received. I am in Calgary on a visitors permit. I went back to the states for US Thanksgiving and on coming back to Calgary I was the only person going through the customs line. I talked to a Customs Agent and she was really nice. I asked about why my file only says App Receiveed, and she admitted most agents don't know the process and didn't realize how hard it is to go through for families. I tried to "talk" her into a work permit, even a temp one, but it didn't work. She told me to look for a job and try to get an LMO , "because those are easy to get" she said, but I haven't found a company willing to go that route yet.

Emmie24

Dec 17, 2013
Hi Amber29
Have you gotten your passport back yet?
Im still waiting mine as well. If you already got it so what date that you got it.
Thank u so much

bishoo1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LA & ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2008
Med's Request
1st Medical November 2012 - Re Medical April 2014
Med's Done....
November 2012 - April 2014
Passport Req..
18th July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
20th August 2014
LANDED..........
30th August 2014
Emmie24 said:
Hi Amber29
Have you gotten your passport back yet?
Im still waiting mine as well. If you already got it so what date that you got it.
Thank u so much
hii everyone
our medicals were expected to b expire on 6 November 2013 but when we asked to MP he replied that validity of our medicals got extend by our immigration officer for 3 months
me and my parents are sponsored by my elder brother in 2008
i am dependent child i was 18 year old in 2008 when brother filed family immigration case.
on 31st October 2013 our lawyer got PPR email in which written that You are required to submit your passport(s), photographs along with a copy of this letter by MAIL within the next THIRTY (30) days from the date of this letter. As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay:
as my parents are already in Canada as Visitor so they asked original passports for them and photocopy of mine as i am out of canada with photographs and fill form of eyecolor ,hieght etc
we sent all this via MAIL on 14 November 2013
and still waiting for passports and my original passport request
does anyone have idea whats going on with our case ??
please reply all and if someone is going through similar situation need your views about it
thanks

bishoo1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LA & ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2008
Med's Request
1st Medical November 2012 - Re Medical April 2014
Med's Done....
November 2012 - April 2014
Passport Req..
18th July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
20th August 2014
LANDED..........
30th August 2014
rbkrzmarcik said:
Hi all,

My husband and I received an email Tuesday (after exactly 2 years of waiting!!) from LA stating: We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada has been completed.

Now in the email they state at one part to send the passport to them and in another only to send copies because the US is a visa exempt county. We also are to send pictures and a Height and Eye Colour form. (they never state to send the original passport.. but it's implied...)

Has anyone else received an email like this and did you just send copies? We sent them off yesterday and have check with our MP office and other applicants and it's mixed reactions.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
hii everyone
our medicals were expected to b expire on 6 November 2013 but when we asked to MP he replied that validity of our medicals got extend by our immigration officer for 3 months
me and my parents are sponsored by my elder brother in 2008
i am dependent child i was 18 year old in 2008 when brother filed family immigration case.
on 31st October 2013 our lawyer got PPR email in which written that You are required to submit your passport(s), photographs along with a copy of this letter by MAIL within the next THIRTY (30) days from the date of this letter. As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay:
as my parents are already in Canada as Visitor so they asked original passports for them and photocopy of mine as i am out of canada with photographs and fill form of eyecolor ,hieght etc
we sent all this via MAIL on 14 November 2013
and still waiting for passports and my original passport request
does anyone have idea whats going on with our case ??
please reply all and if someone is going through similar situation need your views about it
thanks

joeinkocha

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Hello everyone. My wife (the applicant) had her USA home address changed and we used the link provided in the SA to update the address and her new passport. We have not heard back from the LA office yet. Should we expect to hear back from them? Is there any other way we should update her address?

Thank you!

OKLandman

Jul 30, 2013
well I guess I am no longer an LA office applicant. When we got our SA a month after our application was sent, we got an email saying our application would be in the LA office. My wife sent a change of address for me and this is the response we got back.

"Your message was forwarded to our office by the visa office in Los Angeles. Please note that your spouse's application is being processed at the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa; it will only be transferred to Los Angeles should it be determined that an interview or other complex case review is required."

This isn't a problem but the weird thing is ... I overnighted a certified package to the Los Angeles office in November with change of address and my FBI background check ( since I used a Channeler with the original app and said I'd send my FBI one when it came). They changed all the mailing info on the CIC page. Weird eh?

I requested notes on Dec 15 so I guess I should be getting some info soon.

joeinkocha

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
OKLandman said:
well I guess I am no longer an LA office applicant. When we got our SA a month after our application was sent, we got an email saying our application would be in the LA office. My wife sent a change of address for me and this is the response we got back.

"Your message was forwarded to our office by the visa office in Los Angeles. Please note that your spouse's application is being processed at the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa; it will only be transferred to Los Angeles should it be determined that an interview or other complex case review is required."

This isn't a problem but the weird thing is ... I overnighted a certified package to the Los Angeles office in November with change of address and my FBI background check ( since I used a Channeler with the original app and said I'd send my FBI one when it came). They changed all the mailing info on the CIC page. Weird eh?

How long did it take for LA to respond to the address change for you? We sent ours a few weeks ago and haven't heard back at all.

joeinkocha

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Ok thank you!

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
OKLandman said:

I wonder if I can find out that information too... but I have nothing to request of them yet. I am still waiting on you to get your notes and see what kind of information you get. Sigh... 26 months for Los Angeles is ridiculous.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Thaliada said:
I wonder if I can find out that information too... but I have nothing to request of them yet. I am still waiting on you to get your notes and see what kind of information you get. Sigh... 26 months for Los Angeles is ridiculous.
LA handles complex applications now, so the processing time is longer than CPP-O.

The office to which you are assigned will show up in your GCMS (electronic) case notes that you can obtain through the ATIP process.