+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

King S

Nov 8, 2013
hi everyone.. my case situation is not different then most of other fellas, firstly my interview got waived off from CPP-ottawa and now file is transferred to LA, because that the time we received the letter showing that they dont require interview but they asked me just for my pp photocopies and few other bank statements n all from my wife but i sent them email im student in usa and i require visa stamp on my passport now after close to 3 months i got to know that now my file is transferred to LA, what it means, interview is not a issue for me i just want to know how much time they usually takes to send me any letter.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
King S said:
hi everyone.. my case situation is not different then most of other fellas, firstly my interview got waived off from CPP-ottawa and now file is transferred to LA, because that the time we received the letter showing that they dont require interview but they asked me just for my pp photocopies and few other bank statements n all from my wife but i sent them email im student in usa and i require visa stamp on my passport now after close to 3 months i got to know that now my file is transferred to LA, what it means, interview is not a issue for me i just want to know how much time they usually takes to send me any letter.
Nobody can tell you how long it can be. All we can do is point out that LA is a slower office than CPP-O, so you should expect you won't hear anything for at least three months - I'd guess more like six months.

King S

Nov 8, 2013
computergeek said:
Nobody can tell you how long it can be. All we can do is point out that LA is a slower office than CPP-O, so you should expect you won't hear anything for at least three months - I'd guess more like six months.
thanks bro.. I appreciate ur reply a big time
could you please tell me what it means if interview got waived off first and then file moved to LA

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
King S said:
thanks bro.. I appreciate ur reply a big time
could you please tell me what it means if interview got waived off first and then file moved to LA
It means there was something about your file that suggested it required additional processing other than the need for an interview. I assume you have ordered your GCMS notes, in which case at the end (in the free form notes section) it should tell you why they transferred it to LA. If you haven't done so, I'd suggest doing so.

King S

Nov 8, 2013
computergeek said:
It means there was something about your file that suggested it required additional processing other than the need for an interview. I assume you have ordered your GCMS notes, in which case at the end (in the free form notes section) it should tell you why they transferred it to LA. If you haven't done so, I'd suggest doing so.
ur awesome buddy.. thanks for such a quick responses god bless ya... I really don't know what is GCMS notes and from where I can get those

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
King S said:
ur awesome buddy.. thanks for such a quick responses god bless ya... I really don't know what is GCMS notes and from where I can get those
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

If you are in Canada, you may request your own file without any charge ("privacy act"). If you are not in Canada, you must have someone in Canada request your file on your behalf (and with your written permission) for which there is a $5 fee ("access to information"). You ask for the "electronic case notes" and that translates these days into the dump of database records from the "Global Case Management System" (GCMS).

King S

Nov 8, 2013
thanks again my bro actually I'm in usa right now but my wife she is there she can apply for those notes and do u think it might be the reason of transfer of file to LA from CPP- Ottawa that I can not send my passport through courier across the border and I don't have a Canadian visa yet and becvause I am student here in states.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
King S said:
thanks again my bro actually I'm in usa right now but my wife she is there she can apply for those notes and do u think it might be the reason of transfer of file to LA from CPP- Ottawa that I can not send my passport through courier across the border and I don't have a Canadian visa yet and becvause I am student here in states.
I don't know why you wouldn't be able to send your passport via courier, and I can't imagine why CIC would think this either. But the notes will tell you for sure.

OKLandman

Jul 30, 2013
computergeek said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

If you are in Canada, you may request your own file without any charge ("privacy act"). If you are not in Canada, you must have someone in Canada request your file on your behalf (and with your written permission) for which there is a $5 fee ("access to information"). You ask for the "electronic case notes" and that translates these days into the dump of database records from the "Global Case Management System" (GCMS).
So Anyone can request notes? I haven't heard anything about my file since I sent it in June. Should I request notes just to see if anything is going on?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
OKLandman said:
So Anyone can request notes? I haven't heard anything about my file since I sent it in June. Should I request notes just to see if anything is going on?
To order notes you must be in Canada, OR a Canadian citizen. If you are not in Canada, you must have someone in Canada request them on your behalf ($5 fee for this type). If you are in Canada, there is no fee ("privacy act").

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
computergeek said:
To order notes you must be in Canada, OR a Canadian citizen. If you are not in Canada, you must have someone in Canada request them on your behalf ($5 fee for this type). If you are in Canada, there is no fee ("privacy act").
My husband is here with me in Canada while the application is in process. We submitted our application in June and we haven't heard anything since. Is it prudent to ask for the notes now, or e-mail them, or just wait a couple more months? Under e-cas we only have "We received your application on June 14th". Nothing else. Any suggestions on what to do next?

Thank you!

Thaliada

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Thaliada said:
My husband is here with me in Canada while the application is in process. We submitted our application in June and we haven't heard anything since. Is it prudent to ask for the notes now, or e-mail them, or just wait a couple more months? Under e-cas we only have "We received your application on June 14th". Nothing else. Any suggestions on what to do next?

Thank you!

Thaliada
Nothing wrong with ordering notes. It's the only mechanism you have for obtaining a glimpse into the process. As long as you ask for "electronic notes" it won't perturb the processing time.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Ambber29 said:
Thanks
We need to import his car to Canada.
What is the step by procedure? My husband called and they said we need to give the title 72 hours ago. We are driving from Anlanta and stopping in Chicago to meet the family and then come here to Toronto.
The car is paid off.
Do we need to put other things on form like clothes, some kitchen appliances, some gold and some other small cities.
His car insurance does not cover in Canada. I dont have car because i work in downtown. I need to buy the car insurance for him. I contacted TD Melox as I was with them before. They said they need letter of experience and the abstract. Does anyone know if we can order abstract and receive it within a week. should we order it for 3 years or 7 years?
Should i buy health insurance for three months in case?
Okay, I apologize for the lateness of this, but do you still need answers?