+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
boo2009 said:
Yeeessss...today i received a letter requesting my husband's Passport. I was wondering if I need to send the original or can i send copies? My husband is from the USA...He's currently here with me in Canada and I heard that it could take a long time to return his Passport to Ottawa. Can I request to have his Passport delivered at a family member in the USA to have it sooner?

We applied back in September 2011, this was a long journey and I been waiting for this day to come ;D

Your help is much appreciate!!
Congrats! It depends on what the PPR says. Sometimes it will tell you :) That said, we had my husbands sent to a friends in the USA so that isn't a problem!

boo2009

May 16, 2013
Thank you Parker24

This is what i have receive. It those mention that we can send a copies but im paranoid because of the bad experience in the past.. ???

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada has been completed.

You are required to submit your passport(s), photographs by MAIL within the next THIRTY (30) days from the date of this letter. As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay:

Note: As of December 1, 2011, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will no longer issue a Permanent Resident counterfoil to applicants from visa exempt countries. All applicants approved for permanent residence, whether they hold a passport from a visa exempt country or from a country requiring a visa for Canada, will continue to be issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document

Please consult our website for a complete list of visa exempt countries

If you and/or your dependent(s) hold a passport from a visa exempt country, this office will NOT require your/their passport(s) to finalize this case. Only submit the passport(s) for those persons who require a visa for Canada. For all others, submit a clear photocopy of every page in their valid passports.

boo2009

May 16, 2013
boo2009 said:
Thank you Parker24

This is what i have received. It does mention that we can send copies but im paranoid because of the bad experience in the past.. ???

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada has been completed.

You are required to submit your passport(s), photographs by MAIL within the next THIRTY (30) days from the date of this letter. As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay:

Note: As of December 1, 2011, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will no longer issue a Permanent Resident counterfoil to applicants from visa exempt countries. All applicants approved for permanent residence, whether they hold a passport from a visa exempt country or from a country requiring a visa for Canada, will continue to be issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document

If you and/or your dependent(s) hold a passport from a visa exempt country, this office will NOT require your/their passport(s) to finalize this case. Only submit the passport(s) for those persons who require a visa for Canada. For all others, submit a clear photocopy of every page in their valid passports.

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
boo2009 said:

My ppr letter had the same format.
Though I am citizen of non visa exempt country so I thought it was just for me.. but as your husband is US citizen.. they should have asked copies.

but the letter says passport, I would recommend sending the physical passport

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
boo2009 said:
Thank you Parker24

This is what i have receive. It those mention that we can send a copies but im paranoid because of the bad experience in the past.. ???

I would follow exactly what it says. MAIL the physical passport. It seems like LA (as a whole, here and there they have) hasn't caught up with the times yet, Ottawa asks for copies via email, LA asks for physical passport.

boo2009

May 16, 2013
you are right Parker24... i am going to mail the passport on friday from USA and get it mail back to family in USA...do you know if it will take long to return the Passport?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
boo2009 said:
you are right Parker24... i am going to mail the passport on friday from USA and get it mail back to family in USA...do you know if it will take long to return the Passport?
It took my husband's passport a grand total of a month to get it back to TN. The another month from TN to Ontario, but that's not in your case haha.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
boo2009 said:
mine took exact 4 weeks from LA consulate to my US home address.

I was asked to submit the copies of my passport.

mostly they update the ecas to decision made couple of days before they send the copr back.

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
boo2009 said:
thanks for all the replies...i will keep u updated ;)
I am not at that stage yet, but I wish you best of luck boo. Let us know how it goes :)

Mushmash

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2012
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
25-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2014
Hello everyone,

My wife recieved an email form CPP-Ottawa saying that our file was transferred to LA and is in the queue for review. What does this mean? Stage one was approved in early feb and we've bin waiting ever since. Apparently the LA spreadsheet is down:( does anyone know how long it takes to hear from LA after a file transfer from Ottawa?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Okay, so I got annoyed after 30 pages of trying to get a bunch of info so I have SOME info in the spreadsheet. If anything is wrong, or you are not on it and want to be, let me know! Going through 100 pages may be the death of me haha. :)

Mushmash

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2012
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
25-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2014
parker24 said:
Okay, so I got annoyed after 30 pages of trying to get a bunch of info so I have SOME info in the spreadsheet. If anything is wrong, or you are not on it and want to be, let me know! Going through 100 pages may be the death of me haha. :)
Ok thank you. I wish I knew when my file was transferred:(