+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for some guidance

Muj

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Hello Everyone,I hope you're all doing well. I'm seeking some advice regarding my immigration journey, and I would greatly appreciate your insights.

Currently, I've applied for express entry and my profile stands at 382 points. Recently, I've been offered a job opportunity by someone who is starting a new company. They are in need of a manager for their establishment, and they believe my background could be a good fit for the role.

A little about myself: I have a background as a chef, and for the past 1.5 years, I have been running my own business in India.

Now, I'm contemplating how this job offer might affect my immigration prospects.

Will this offer enhance my chances of successful immigration?
Or does it not significantly impact my profile?
I would appreciate any advice or insights from those who have navigated similar situations or have expertise in immigration matters.

Thank you all in advance for your assistance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,I hope you're all doing well. I'm seeking some advice regarding my immigration journey, and I would greatly appreciate your insights.

Currently, I've applied for express entry and my profile stands at 382 points. Recently, I've been offered a job opportunity by someone who is starting a new company. They are in need of a manager for their establishment, and they believe my background could be a good fit for the role.

A little about myself: I have a background as a chef, and for the past 1.5 years, I have been running my own business in India.

Now, I'm contemplating how this job offer might affect my immigration prospects.

I would appreciate any advice or insights from those who have navigated similar situations or have expertise in immigration matters.

A job offer means nothing. Do you have an approved LMIA? This new company has to prove no Canadian or PR could be hired with the educaiton, skills and language skills required. So they will have posted the job in Canada. If a new company, they have to submit taxes and that they have been incorporated for a certain length of time.

So it doesn’t change your EE score unless you get an approved LMIA. You gain 50 points but still not enough for ITA.

What province? What NOC?

Muj

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
i currently work as a manager which is 60030 noc code that’s why I was offered the job offer.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i currently work as a manager which is 60030 noc code that’s why I was offered the job offer.
Well your employer needs to file for a LMIA, if they meet the requirements. They would have posted the job in Alberta on various sites to prove no one replied. They also need to provide business registration and tax forms to prove they have been in business for a certain period of time. So they (not you) have to pay for and file for the LMIA. If approved you get 50 points which is still not enough for ITA. Then you apply for a closed work permit.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

That doesn’t make sense . The unemployment rate in Alberta just rose to 6.3%

Reactions: Taran D