+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for guidance about post graduate education in Canada and PR

PriteshG

Jan 9, 2017
Hey there, I am a 24 year old, from India. I have a degree in Computer Science and hoping to further my education, land a job and finally get permanent residency in Canada. I have done online research on this, but nothing compares to knowing the ground reality of the same. I work 2 shifts just to save enough money to move and get a higher education and I really don't want the money to be wasted.

From my research online I have two options:

• Post Graduate Diploma- Which is a one year program, after completion I will get a visa for a year to work there. Cheap compared to option 2, but I don't know enough about job opportunities after completion of course and if the employee will be willing to sponsor my visa after 1 year period.
  • Masters - 2 year program, I get 3 year's of visa for working, very costly compared to above and I'll have to work around 2 year's here to save enough money to enroll and live.

I only know about the reviews online about these courses and can't judge based on that. I want to know how much money it takes to cover living expenses for a student for a month and any other expenses. Opportunities for intl. students to land a part time job to cover living expenses. I have so many questions, if someone kind enough who has gone through this journey could guide me, it would really put my life into perspective and get me on right track.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should post your questions to the International Students section of the forum.

To be approved for a study permit, you will need to show a bank balance covering first year tuition + $10K living expenses + travel expenses.

Job prospects are stronger with a Masters than a PGD.