+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for Canadian Immigration

talk2uzair

Dec 20, 2012
Hello Members,

I'm new to this forum but was impressed the way guidance is being given to all who have multiple queries. Here is what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for Canadian Immigration being an Indian citizen, recently Me (holds a Master degree) and My wife (holds a Bachelor degree) wrote IELTS for immigration with scores of 6/6.5 Bands respectively.

Currently as FSW is on hold till May 4th 2013 (As announced on CIC Canada website), I'm thinking of looking at Qubec as an option. I hold Masters degree with 6+yrs of experience.

We currently planning to undergo French language training as it'll a necessity for Qubec region. Having said that in a nutshell I need help on the following queries.

1. Is my family eligible for Qubec region?
2. What are the chances for successful Immigration process to Qubec?
3. Should I wait till FSW opens up?
4. What's the best approach to be adopted?
5. I would like to become a Welcome citizen of Canadian diversified culture

Thanks

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
This part of the forum is for family-class sponsorship. That means it's for Canadians and permanent residents who want to bring their family members from abroad. You'd do better to post elsewhere in the forum.

That being said, what fields are your degrees in? Your wife's? And what are your professions?

talk2uzair

Dec 20, 2012
I hold a Masters in Information Technology along with PG Diploma in Cyber Laws & Intellectual Property Rights. I'm working in Testing / QA field for over 7+yrs now. My wife holds Bachelor in Science & is home maker

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
talk2uzair said:
I hold a Masters in Information Technology along with PG Diploma in Cyber Laws & Intellectual Property Rights. I'm working in Testing / QA field for over 7+yrs now. My wife holds Bachelor in Science & is home maker
What does Testing/QA mean? Is it closely related to the field of your master's degree?

talk2uzair

Dec 20, 2012
It's part of Software Development Life Cycle and to be more precise it's about Functional / Performance evaluation of the Applications before Production deployment.

Also, We use tools to evaluate the performance of the Applications & Infrastructure.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
talk2uzair said:
It's part of Software Development Life Cycle and to be more precise it's about Functional / Performance evaluation of the Applications before Production deployment.

Also, We use tools to evaluate the performance of the Applications & Infrastructure.
Okay, if it's related to computer science, which is what you have your degree in, that's a six-point degree. That means you're probably eligible to apply now instead of waiting until April 2013.

To find out if you have enough points to qualify as a skilled worker, complete the following evaluation for yourself and your spouse:

http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=en

Here is the table of points (in French only):

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Grille-synthese.pdf

talk2uzair

Dec 20, 2012
Thanks for the note Frege & you got it right. I hold a Master degree in Computer Science & have 1yr UK experience (Does that mean my case becomes stronger?), I did went through that link quite sometime but I'm really concerned if I stand a fair chance become a Welcome citizen of Canadian culture.

What's the best approach to start the process (surely don't want to loose the hard earned money), apply by self or go through some Consultant Agent?

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
talk2uzair said:
Thanks for the note Frege & you got it right. I hold a Master degree in Computer Science & have 1yr UK experience (Does that mean my case becomes stronger?), I did went through that link quite sometime but I'm really concerned if I stand a fair chance become a Welcome citizen of Canadian culture.

What's the best approach to start the process (surely don't want to loose the hard earned money), apply by self or go through some Consultant Agent?
I don't think experience in the UK will help you get more points, except maybe under "adaptability", but I'm not sure.

I'm not certain whether you should go through a consultant. This will depend on your finances and on how comfortable you are that you understand the process well. If you do go through a consultant, pick one that is a member of one of the following organizations:

The Quebec register of immigration consultants: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/registreconsultants
The Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council: http://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/public/membershiplistFull.cfm?

Some of these consultants have offices abroad, such as in India.

In future, you should post your questions here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/general-all-canadian-immigration-b13.0/

or here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/skilled-worker-professional-immigration-b4.0/

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
frege said:
I don't think experience in the UK will help you get more points, except maybe under "adaptability", but I'm not sure.
No adaptability points for UK experience unfortunately.