+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for affordable educational packages (detailed). Require guidance.

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
I am science degree holder with below 60% marks. I have above 60% marks in both 10th standard and HSE. IELTS General Score:7.5. For 4+ years working in social service area with social work and counseling professionals (experience in counseling and allied social service program handling).

For a long time have been looking into "Immigration" and chances appear to be slim and no job offers, till to date.

I am looking for affordable programs from Canada like MBA (without GMAT), Engg. Diploma, P.G.Dip. or Graduate Diploma, Masters in Social Science(Not Sociology or Social work), Clinical Psychology, Health and Education fields.

Following are some of the uni's I found through the forum search.

1. Brock International
2. Vancouver Island University
3. Memorial University
4. NAIT and SAIT
5. Saskatchewan Polytechnic
6. University of Ottawa
7. University of Victoria
8. University of Windsor
9. Northern Lights College and other SPP Community Colleges
10. University of Victoria

Things I like to know.

1. How is the fees structure generally given yearly or semester-wise(6 months).
For eg: http://www.algonquincollege.com/sat/program/aircraft-maintenance-technician/
International tuition/ancillary Fees: $14,401 - Does it mean the complete course fee or the yearly[very important concern]
2. What is the mentioned course load structure given like .5,1.0,1.5...etc., does it help the fees structure and the receiving degree
3. Does these educational programs allow part-time work.
4. Which are the universities and colleges that have the lowest tuition fees.
5. If in future applied with this degrees for immigration, does these programs qualify satisfied or get rejected.
6. Lived experience of current students in Canada, who does part-time work for supporting self and the education partly.
7. Work permit after these programs and pathways to immigration

Really interested in Petroleum and Gas, Mechanical Engg. , Medical Physics(if there is a good career prospect) fields; Graduate diploma or MBA's in Logistics, HR and Finance; Clinical Psychology(after seeing a PGDip.program offered in NZ); Educational Psychology and Counseling; Health programs like Administration, Informatics, Analytics, Policy, Public health ...etc.

Nursing, if flexible and doesn't require additional certification after the degree to work as an RN.

Engg. field interest is based on science degree and for better education. Business Admin, Social Science and Psychology courses are based upon insight and interest from work experience.

Key concerns: Affordability, Career prospects, PR

Kindly help.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

9145 said:
I am science degree holder with below 60% marks. I have above 60% marks in both 10th standard and HSE. IELTS General Score:7.5. For 4+ years working in social service area with social work and counseling professionals (experience in counseling and allied social service program handling).

For a long time have been looking into "Immigration" and chances appear to be slim and no job offers, till to date.

I am looking for affordable programs from Canada like MBA (without GMAT), Engg. Diploma, P.G.Dip. or Graduate Diploma, Masters in Social Science(Not Sociology or Social work), Clinical Psychology, Health and Education fields.

Following are some of the uni's I found through the forum search.

1. Brock International
2. Vancouver Island University
3. Memorial University
4. NAIT and SAIT
5. Saskatchewan Polytechnic
6. University of Ottawa
7. University of Victoria
8. University of Windsor
9. Northern Lights College and other SPP Community Colleges
10. University of Victoria

Things I like to know.

1. How is the fees structure generally given yearly or semester-wise(6 months).
For eg: http://www.algonquincollege.com/sat/program/aircraft-maintenance-technician/
International tuition/ancillary Fees: $14,401 - Does it mean the complete course fee or the yearly[very important concern]
2. What is the mentioned course load structure given like .5,1.0,1.5...etc., does it help the fees structure and the receiving degree
3. Does these educational programs allow part-time work.
4. Which are the universities and colleges that have the lowest tuition fees.
5. If in future applied with this degrees for immigration, does these programs qualify satisfied or get rejected.
6. Lived experience of current students in Canada, who does part-time work for supporting self and the education partly.
7. Work permit after these programs and pathways to immigration

Really interested in Petroleum and Gas, Mechanical Engg. , Medical Physics(if there is a good career prospect) fields; Graduate diploma or MBA's in Logistics, HR and Finance; Clinical Psychology(after seeing a PGDip.program offered in NZ); Educational Psychology and Counseling; Health programs like Administration, Informatics, Analytics, Policy, Public health ...etc.

Nursing, if flexible and doesn't require additional certification after the degree to work as an RN.

Engg. field interest is based on science degree and for better education. Business Admin, Social Science and Psychology courses are based upon insight and interest from work experience.

Key concerns: Affordability, Career prospects, PR

Kindly help.

2, 5 & 9 are waste of time and money. 1 has separate MBA without GMAT, but it's overly priced. 3,6,7,8,10 need GMAT (550+).

1. It's program based but divided into semester basis. You pay full. Ancillary fee is nothing but a clever way for universities to get ground tuition freeze. What you have mentioned should be for whole program.
2. Course load (credits) impact the duration of PGWP. MBA programs are based on program tuition, not semester basis. Even if you drop a term for some credit waivers, you pay full.
3. Part time rules comes under CIC, not school. Google it.
4. MUN or UVIC. You pay more, if you go for below average schools.
5. Your degree only decide your PGWP duration. Doesn't help directly in immigration.

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Thank You, J5M

How to understand, how much will it cost me for the given program below by the end of the program excluding Books, Supplies & Program Fees (est.) & Mandatory Fees

http://www.nait.ca/77649.htm#FeesAndExpenses

Is it $6,985 x 4=$27,940

or

No. of courses x $747 +$6,985 for per semester.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GMAT is a must for MBA at Memorial my friend. The last I knew there were no exceptions to this rule.

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
a_a_d said:
GMAT is a must for MBA at Memorial my friend. The last I knew there were no exceptions to this rule.
What do you know about other MBA Programs. I know people who have flew this weekend for MBA Programs with 25,000 CDN. But not sure which University or College they are going and they haven't heard and are doubtful if asked about GMAT, and the program they are going to take gives them about 2-3 years stay back too.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
9145 said:
What do you know about other MBA Programs. I know people who have flew this weekend for MBA Programs with 25,000 CDN. But not sure which University or College they are going and they haven't heard and are doubtful if asked about GMAT, and the program they are going to take gives them about 2-3 years stay back too.
Colleges don't offer MBAs. If someone is taking a Masters, they are attending university.

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
scylla said:
Colleges don't offer MBAs. If someone is taking a Masters, they are attending university.
You know colleges in the sense of private university off-campus centers like Fairleigh Dickinson University. Do you know which other programs and universities offer educational services with my needs and concerns. Still I am not able to wrap my head around 25,000 CDN for MBA program, may be it is for one year. Doesn't one also require proof of additional money too. Even so is it possible to make money for the second year with part-time jobs.

I am also looking for other management programs that has similar syllabus, which could be graded as equivalent to an MBA, like HR and SCM.

Why is this program termed as Postgraduate while it says receiving certification Ontario College Graduate Certificate. Does pursuing such a program ensure 3 year PGWP.
http://www.georgebrown.ca/b408-2016-2017/