+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lonely Canadian in Quebec Sponsoring Sibling

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Just got PPR today...
Almost done.
That's great news! Congrats! Hopefully we are both almost done. PA got PPR January 2nd. ECAS updated to DM yesterday (January 3rd) but GCKey still not updated. Also got a confirmation yesterday that the family information sheet I submitted through the webform was received. Hopefully there won't be more delays!

frange

May 25, 2018
That's great news! Congrats! Hopefully we are both almost done. PA got PPR January 2nd. ECAS updated to DM yesterday (January 3rd) but GCKey still not updated. Also got a confirmation yesterday that the family information sheet I submitted through the webform was received. Hopefully there won't be more delays!
Thanks Bruh.... we are almost done.

Reactions: Ashe M

Emmaugoh

May 8, 2022
Wow, congratulations. Happy about your progress. Hope I got remembered soon. The last update in the new tracker was in 2021.

Reactions: frange

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Thanks Bruh.... we are almost done.
Some good news! :) My brother has finally received the passport back along with the CoPR. Below is the complete timeline.

It was a long journey. Thank you @frange for your support and help along the way. I really hope you too will hear some good news and your brother would be able to receive their passport with the visa and CoPR soon.

Received: October 26, 2021
SA: February 4, 2022 (transferred to VO)
BIL: February 4, 2022
ADR: April 28, 2022 (PA Family Information Sheet and Police Certificate)
ADR: May 31, 2022 (Birth Certificate)
MIL: December 11, 2022
Pre-arrival Letter: December 12, 2022
Medical Complete: December 28, 2022
PPR: January 2, 2023
DM: January 3, 2023 (ECAS)
PP Submitted: January 9, 2023
App. Approved: January 16, 2023 (GCKey)
PP Collected: January 18, 2023

Reactions: pemale2023

frange

May 25, 2018
Some good news! :) My brother has finally received the passport back along with the CoPR. Below is the complete timeline.

It was a long journey. Thank you @frange for your support and help along the way. I really hope you too will hear some good news and your brother would be able to receive their passport with the visa and CoPR soon.

Received: October 26, 2021
SA: February 4, 2022 (transferred to VO)
BIL: February 4, 2022
ADR: April 28, 2022 (PA Family Information Sheet and Police Certificate)
ADR: May 31, 2022 (Birth Certificate)
MIL: December 11, 2022
Pre-arrival Letter: December 12, 2022
Medical Complete: December 28, 2022
PPR: January 2, 2023
DM: January 3, 2023 (ECAS)
PP Submitted: January 9, 2023
App. Approved: January 16, 2023 (GCKey)
PP Collected: January 18, 2023
WOW... Congratulations Bro.
It was along way for us. Fortunately we get it.
PP submitted yesterday (Jan 18, 2023)è

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
WOW... Congratulations Bro.
It was along way for us. Fortunately we get it.
PP submitted yesterday (Jan 18, 2023)è
Thanks, man. Now another challenging journey begins to prepare for landing.

Any idea if proof of funds is also required when landing in this case? My understanding is it is not needed for the family class.

By the way. I know that each VO and each case is different. But fyi. In our case, it took about 1 week for VO to dispatch the stamped passports to CVAC and another day or two for them to be delivered. Hopefully it would also be quick in your brother's case.

frange

May 25, 2018
Thanks, man. Now another challenging journey begins to prepare for landing.

Any idea if proof of funds is also required when landing in this case? My understanding is it is not needed for the family class.

By the way. I know that each VO and each case is different. But fyi. In our case, it took about 1 week for VO to dispatch the stamped passports to CVAC and another day or two for them to be delivered. Hopefully it would also be quick in your brother's case.
1-No proof of funds is required Except 2 CoPR ( to be signed in front of the IO) + PP.
2- Mine took 3 days and came back on the 4th day.
3- Landing stage.... After the big cold ( early April).

Reactions: informer2000

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
1-No proof of funds is required Except 2 CoPR ( to be signed in front of the IO) + PP.
2- Mine took 3 days and came back on the 4th day.
3- Landing stage.... After the big cold ( early April).
That's great! Congrats! Same here. Thinking early May.

Ashe M

Jan 22, 2023
Hi all, congratulations to you all on the progress you’ve made. so glad I stumbled across this thread. I’m sponsoring my brother who has 3 kids. I’m a lady in my 30s, single and no children. Been in Canada for 3 years now with a PR obtained through express entry. Our parents are late. I have 6 other siblings back home as well but I had to find the one who needs my help the most to sponsor. I have a cousin who has same last name with me who lives in the north and we haven’t met since I moved to canada. I hope that won’t count against my application in the system.

I’ve been every anxious fearing they might reject me as a sponsor cz of my age and thinking they might say I can find a husband/conjugal partner although that’s not even on the cards for me.

Reading your posts has given me a sense of hope that the process might work. I will share my timelines with you starting now:

Application submitted online: January 17, 2023

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all, congratulations to you all on the progress you’ve made. so glad I stumbled across this thread. I’m sponsoring my brother who has 3 kids. I’m a lady in my 30s, single and no children. Been in Canada for 3 years now with a PR obtained through express entry. Our parents are late. I have 6 other siblings back home as well but I had to find the one who needs my help the most to sponsor. I have a cousin who has same last name with me who lives in the north and we haven’t met since I moved to canada. I hope that won’t count against my application in the system.

I’ve been every anxious fearing they might reject me as a sponsor cz of my age and thinking they might say I can find a husband/conjugal partner although that’s not even on the cards for me.

Reading your posts has given me a sense of hope that the process might work. I will share my timelines with you starting now:

Application submitted online: January 17, 2023
Do you mean your parents are deceased when you say your parents are late? Is the cousin in Canada a true first cousin?

Ashe M

Jan 22, 2023
Do you mean your parents are deceased when you say your parents are late? Is the cousin in Canada a true first cousin?
Yes my parents are deceased. Not sure what a true first cousin means but his father and my father share the same father but different mothers. In other words we have the same grandfather (who is deceased) and but different grandmothers (both deceased)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes my parents are deceased. Not sure what a true first cousin means but his father and my father share the same father but different mothers. In other words we have the same grandfather (who is deceased) and but different grandmothers (both deceased)
Don’t see an issue since your parents and grandparents are deceased. How old are your brother’s children?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As long as your uncle is not in Canada you can sponsor your sibling.