+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London applicant - time line- only who recieved Medical in the last 6 months.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Thanks anwar for sharing your story. I think it is a wise decision to finish your arab board, it's definitely a plus. We don't know what future hides for us.

Good luck,

anwar77m said:
Hi my real friends
I am very sorry to be late, but I was sooooo busy when I arrived home
Now I can tell u about my landing story
First of all, at the beginning my plan was to settle in Canada, but my friend in Calgary advice me to go back home to finish my Arab board specialty in orthopedics, I`m in the 4th year and I still need one year more to finish it, may be it will not help me in Canada, but sure it will help my in the future in my plans change, or decide to go home any time

My landing experience
I travel with Yamania airlines to Frankfort, then after 7 hours of transit, with air Canada I flay to Calgary, it was 10 hours in the journey from Frankfort to Calgary
With my children 2 and 5 y, it was a little exhausting journey
In Calgary airport I finished my landing papers, the officer was so kind, they do scanning for my bags with x-ray only, then the officer help me in Carrying my bags
My friend was waiting for me in the airport, and really he helped me alot in everything from arriving until leaving Calgary
The weather was good, but I was surprised the sun set at 10 pm
We booked in a hotel called Ramada Limited, it's a good place, one room with 2 master bed for 90 CDA / night
In the next day I went to office called Canada service, and I got SIN from there within 30 minuets, I was very happy with their respect and kind dealing with the new immigrant
In the same day I opened bank account in bank called TD Bank, and also that was with help of my friend
Down town is an amazing place, I was surprise with the order in every thing
In the next 3 days I searched for apartment, but really it's not easy to find apartment near school with good price
After I decide to go back home to finish my study, my friend took us to Banff national park and to lake Louis which are an amazing place, about 150 Km from Calgary
The bad news that somebody stole 500 USD from my room in the hotel,
After 7 days in Calgary I went home by British airlines and gulf airline through Heathrow and Bahrain
Good luck

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
anwar77m said:
Hi my real friends
First of all, at the beginning my plan was to settle in Canada, but my friend in Calgary advice me to go back home to finish my Arab board specialty in orthopedics, I`m in the 4th year and I still need one year more to finish it, may be it will not help me in Canada, but sure it will help my in the future in my plans change, or decide to go home any time
That is some really good advice. With the world economy being what it is you never know what happens in the future

zeenat imran

Apr 11, 2011
txboyscout said:
That is some really good advice. With the world economy being what it is you never know what happens in the future
u mean u are thinking now to go back from canada to complete ur degree?....... WHERE WERE U BEFORE...........?????? (DONT MIND)

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
zeenat imran said:
u mean u are thinking now to go back from canada to complete ur degree?....... WHERE WERE U BEFORE...........?????? (DONT MIND)
Hi, the member ANWAR is going through his studies in his home country. In between he just went to Canada for completing the landing formalities and have now returned back to continue his on going studies.

Cheers...

HASSAAN

Jan 8, 2010
By the grace of GOD on 23rd june ,I received passport back with visa stamp.
case file;28, Nov 2008
Document sent; 12,july 2009
medical ;25 Nov 2010
passport request; 3 May 2011
Visa issued; 23 june 2011

complete journey; 2 years 7 months

ashirale

Star Member
Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
2133/2147
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-2007
Doc's Request.
10-2009
Med's Request
09-2010
Med's Done....
09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-2011
Congrats Anwar!! 8)

I am also landing in Calgary 2 months from now!!

May I ask, how long did it take to get the SIN card (I'm not asking about SIN number...I'm asking about the actual physical SIN card)?

Did you apply for a Health card and how long did it take? (again, I'm asking about the physical card....I know they provide a temporary card on the spot)

Thanks and congrats once again!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
HASSAAN said:
By the grace of GOD on 23rd june ,I received passport back with visa stamp.
case file;28, Nov 2008
Document sent; 12,july 2009
medical ;25 Nov 2010
passport request; 3 May 2011
Visa issued; 23 june 2011

complete journey; 2 years 7 months
Congrats Hassan..!!!

Cheers..

suppose

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-09
Doc's Request.
27-11-09
Nomination.....
---
AOR Received.
15-02-10
IELTS Request
27-11-09
File Transfer...
01-12-09
Med's Request
07-07-09
Med's Done....
14-08-10
Interview........
---
Passport Req..
17-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-11
LANDED..........
26-06-11
Dear all,
I am really very sorry for not sharing my experience until now, I landed in Canada 3 weeks ago (Calgary Airport), I went from Abu Dhabi to calgary by KLM. The flight was good, 7 hours transit time in Amsterdam but it was fine as I like this air port as there is a lot of places and activities for kids can be found there in addition of having a lot of smoking area :)
When I arrived in Calgary, I meet the first officer, when he know that I am new immigrant and came to do the landing, he directed me to another officer. The other officer finalize all the paper work for us and ask me some simple questions about name and how do I want to write it in the Pr card and he didnt ask me for any photos. He asked me about the money I am carrying and he wrote on my landing paper. Then when I told him about the goods to follow list he told me that after I collect my laugage, their will be another officer to take it from me. I went to the laugage built and I found that I was the only on left as seems that I was the only passenger who came on this flight to do the landing. after collecting my laugage, I went to another officer, she took the list of good to follow and she stamped all the tables, recieipts and photos and she told me that they dont care about what you bring with you first time but this is important (following goods) as I will not going to pay tax for any goods mentioned in the lists.
By the why, no body asked me to show the money (it was all in cash) or even open my suitcases.
At that point, I was very happy, I am done, finally I landed in Canada after alng waiting. Outside, there was a family waiting for us, they welcomed me and my family and took us to the hotel in which I booked. That was Saturday, in Sunday, it was the weekend, I took my kids and we went to the zoo :)
Monday, We went and apply for the Sin (both me and my wife), it was a simple process a matter of 30 minutes. They gave me the number and told me that the card will be sent in 3 weeks. Then I went and opened a bank account in both BMO and TD banks, usually I like to open in two banks to have better access for my money as the weekly limit is 1000$/week at each if using the atm card. This was followed by applying for Alberta health insurance, and the card were sent to us after less than 2 weeks effective from the date of our landing.
I think that was all for the main things you need to do once there. After that I start discovering the city, I did a survey through rondom people I saw and through friends to decide which lace to live (for me I decid to live in NW), them within NW I was asking about schools and then decide which community and where to live as some communities do have more than 1 school. As you are new immigrant, you will need to take an appointmboard of education and then they will acess your child and based on a prof of your address of residence they will send you to a specific school near to your home (of course I am talking about public school). For arab speaker, I heard that because the number of people speaking arabic increasedin calgary, there is now an idea of teaching Arabic at some schools in Calgary (starting from 2012). One thing I like it very much is the public liberary, it is fantastic, free for kids and 12 $ for adult per year, you can rent DVD, CDs, books as well as your children for free :)
The city is expensive, the taxi will start with 3.6 $, for people live in Abu Dhabi, it is exactly the same, meter starts with 3.6 $ and each 150meters cost 20cent, same like Abu Dhabi but replace the dirham with CAD, so it is expensive, the C train is good, u can have it for free as far as u are traveling within the downtown, not lond distance but save 20 minutes walking. The fair is 2.75 $ for 1 way. Food is not cheap, for 1 sandwish (Shawerma) it will cost from 7 to 10$. Weather was fantastic, clothes are good in quality and you can find (when there is discount) a lot of good opportunities to buy good stuff for less money (I am comparing with UAE). Funiture quality is not too high and expensive.
Over all you will take every cent you pay as tax for a good benifits and services. I spent 2 weeks and now I am in UAE, I will sell my car, furniture, and then I will move finally with my family by end of September as kids need to catch schools and my wife delivery date is in November so I want her to travel early before saying it is too late and we need to apply for an immigration application for the baby and start from scratch with him/her :) :) :)
Best of luck to all of you and hope to c uin Canada soon.
Regards to all,
Ahmed

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
suppose said:
Dear all,
I am really very sorry for not sharing my experience until now, I landed in Canada 3 weeks ago (Calgary Airport), I went from Abu Dhabi to calgary by KLM. The flight was good, 7 hours transit time in Amsterdam but it was fine as I like this air port as there is a lot of places and activities for kids can be found there in addition of having a lot of smoking area :)
When I arrived in Calgary, I meet the first officer, when he know that I am new immigrant and came to do the landing, he directed me to another officer. The other officer finalize all the paper work for us and ask me some simple questions about name and how do I want to write it in the Pr card and he didnt ask me for any photos. He asked me about the money I am carrying and he wrote on my landing paper. Then when I told him about the goods to follow list he told me that after I collect my laugage, their will be another officer to take it from me. I went to the laugage built and I found that I was the only on left as seems that I was the only passenger who came on this flight to do the landing. after collecting my laugage, I went to another officer, she took the list of good to follow and she stamped all the tables, recieipts and photos and she told me that they dont care about what you bring with you first time but this is important (following goods) as I will not going to pay tax for any goods mentioned in the lists.
By the why, no body asked me to show the money (it was all in cash) or even open my suitcases.
At that point, I was very happy, I am done, finally I landed in Canada after alng waiting. Outside, there was a family waiting for us, they welcomed me and my family and took us to the hotel in which I booked. That was Saturday, in Sunday, it was the weekend, I took my kids and we went to the zoo :)
Monday, We went and apply for the Sin (both me and my wife), it was a simple process a matter of 30 minutes. They gave me the number and told me that the card will be sent in 3 weeks. Then I went and opened a bank account in both BMO and TD banks, usually I like to open in two banks to have better access for my money as the weekly limit is 1000$/week at each if using the atm card. This was followed by applying for Alberta health insurance, and the card were sent to us after less than 2 weeks effective from the date of our landing.
I think that was all for the main things you need to do once there. After that I start discovering the city, I did a survey through rondom people I saw and through friends to decide which lace to live (for me I decid to live in NW), them within NW I was asking about schools and then decide which community and where to live as some communities do have more than 1 school. As you are new immigrant, you will need to take an appointmboard of education and then they will acess your child and based on a prof of your address of residence they will send you to a specific school near to your home (of course I am talking about public school). For arab speaker, I heard that because the number of people speaking arabic increasedin calgary, there is now an idea of teaching Arabic at some schools in Calgary (starting from 2012). One thing I like it very much is the public liberary, it is fantastic, free for kids and 12 $ for adult per year, you can rent DVD, CDs, books as well as your children for free :)
The city is expensive, the taxi will start with 3.6 $, for people live in Abu Dhabi, it is exactly the same, meter starts with 3.6 $ and each 150meters cost 20cent, same like Abu Dhabi but replace the dirham with CAD, so it is expensive, the C train is good, u can have it for free as far as u are traveling within the downtown, not lond distance but save 20 minutes walking. The fair is 2.75 $ for 1 way. Food is not cheap, for 1 sandwish (Shawerma) it will cost from 7 to 10$. Weather was fantastic, clothes are good in quality and you can find (when there is discount) a lot of good opportunities to buy good stuff for less money (I am comparing with UAE). Funiture quality is not too high and expensive.
Over all you will take every cent you pay as tax for a good benifits and services. I spent 2 weeks and now I am in UAE, I will sell my car, furniture, and then I will move finally with my family by end of September as kids need to catch schools and my wife delivery date is in November so I want her to travel early before saying it is too late and we need to apply for an immigration application for the baby and start from scratch with him/her :) :) :)
Regards to all,
Ahmed
Mabrook Ahmed, and thanks for sharing with us your wonderful landing experience.

Cheers...

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
suppose said:
Dear all,
Regards to all,
Ahmed

Hi suppose,

Congrats for your smooth landing.Thanks for writing a detailed landing experience.

Would you like to share some other info about Calgary such as what are the average rents for short term furnished accommodation/hotels in Calgary?

What are the average rents in NW of Calgary for an apt of 2 bedrooms?Is it possible to find a reasonable 2 bed apt under 1000$?

Thanks for your time and please keep us posted when you move for good.

anwar77m

Oct 8, 2009
Yemen
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2009
Doc's Request.
26-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010 2nd AOR : 23-03-2010
IELTS Request
done befor
File Transfer...
04-02-2010 In process on :24 -08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
27-09-2010 Medical sent : 30-09-2010 RPRF Sent : 18-11-2010
Interview........
waived ??
Passport Req..
11-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011 :D
LANDED..........
13-06-2011 Calgary
suppose said:
Dear all,
Regards to all,
Ahmed
hi my friends
good luck for you all in your immigration process

ENSHA ALLAH I will be back soon

suppose many congratulaaaation for your safe landing ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I`m happy that you are happy in Calgary

i think that the (Shawerma)resturant you talk about it located at the end of the downtown , I also get it from there with the same price

about the train ( Calgary transit ) , there is some thing called " book of ten " you can buy it from any supermarket ,it`s ten tickets for the train and the ticket cost only 2.5$ so you will save 2.5$ for the ten

happy for you brother
and i hope we will meet there soon

good luck

happy for you brother
and i hope we will meat there soon

good luck

anwar77m

Oct 8, 2009
Yemen
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2009
Doc's Request.
26-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010 2nd AOR : 23-03-2010
IELTS Request
done befor
File Transfer...
04-02-2010 In process on :24 -08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
27-09-2010 Medical sent : 30-09-2010 RPRF Sent : 18-11-2010
Interview........
waived ??
Passport Req..
11-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011 :D
LANDED..........
13-06-2011 Calgary
ashirale said:
Congrats Anwar!! 8)

I am also landing in Calgary 2 months from now!!

May I ask, how long did it take to get the SIN card (I'm not asking about SIN number...I'm asking about the actual physical SIN card)?

Did you apply for a Health card and how long did it take? (again, I'm asking about the physical card....I know they provide a temporary card on the spot)

Thanks and congrats once again!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hi ashirale

good luck with your landing

Calgary is a nice place to life in

Applied for SIN and Health care once i land

2 days ago I received the SIN and Health cards

so it takes less than one month

but till now I didn't get the PR card

good luck

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
dee_2011 said:
hii all my good friends
by god grace i have received my ppts back with visa
thanks to all of you, u have been extremely helpful

hope to see u all sometimes in canada
C O N G R A T S buddy :D :D

let all ur wishes come tru in ur Dream place

when and where are u planning to land ????

stay in touch

Good luck and God bless

Biju

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
suppose said:
Dear all,
y will send you to a specific school near to your home (of course I am talking about public school). For arab speaker, I heard that because the number of people speaking arabic increasedin calgary, there is now an idea of teaching Arabic at some schools in Calgary (starting from 2012). One thing I like it very much is the public liberary, it is fantastic, free for kids and 12 $ for adult per year, you can rent DVD, CDs, books as well as your children for free :)
Regards to all,
Ahmed
CONGRATS Ahmed for completing the 1st part of ur dream (2nd part is getting the right Job) :D :D

Thanks a lot for sharing the wonderful landing experiance

Sep 4th i will also be landing in Torornto. Wish we will meet one day in our dream land :D

Good luck

biju