+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO ????

dr.bassi

May 4, 2012
hey
I got accepted as Research Assistant at McGill University, it is a volunteer work without salary.
My employer apply for LMO but they told him no need for the LMO, so I applied for the WP 5 weeks and I got my passport without the visa and with this statement

"You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations
exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes
within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the
subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in
Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development
Canada to begin this process"

what should I do now..... please help me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need an approved LMO.

I would ask your employer to submit the LMO again and include the rejection letter you received stating that an LMO is required.

mondy

May 4, 2012
How can my employer apply for my LMO as cooker?
what is the required documents and how long it will take (alberta)

Cherrycanada

Apr 26, 2012
How to Hire a Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW)
A Guidebook for Employers:
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/tfw-guide.asp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
LMO basics:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dr.bassi said:
hey
I got accepted as Research Assistant at McGill University, it is a volunteer work without salary.
My employer apply for LMO but they told him no need for the LMO, so I applied for the WP 5 weeks and I got my passport without the visa and with this statement

"You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations
exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes
within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the
subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in
Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development

what should I do now..... please help me
An employer cannot apply for an LMO for a volunteer position that would normally be paid to a Canadian worker. McGill should know this. Is this part of an education program like a fellowship? That's different. You probably need legal advice because it doesn't seem like you are clear about what category you belong in.

dr.bassi

May 4, 2012
I will help my PI in his research without getting any salary. So I wouldn't say it is an education program.
Ok, if my employer applied for the LMO, does the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) give my employer a letter indicates that I don't need an LMO? and if they do, can I use this letter as letter to exempt me from LMO in the embassy?

Gracey_Israel

May 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Scylla- hi, I just want to ask regarding this, I got refused also by the Canadian Embassy here in Israel and stated above is one of the reasons of the refusal. But I have a positive LMO that was sent to me by my employer. Can u kindly explain further regarding this? thanks so ,much for the reply..very much appreciated =)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gracey_Israel said:

Scylla- hi, I just want to ask regarding this, I got refused also by the Canadian Embassy here in Israel and stated above is one of the reasons of the refusal. But I have a positive LMO that was sent to me by my employer. Can u kindly explain further regarding this? thanks so ,much for the reply..very much appreciated =)
Did you submit the LMO with the work permit application? Was it still valid? Was it authentic? If so, then it looks like the VO made a mistake in their reasons.

pmenon

Apr 5, 2012
LMO.....

I came to canada as a student and went to the chef school in toronto for a one year full time course, soon after i graduated I got this job as a line cook with my employer, Post my post graduate work permit in July 2010 i got a work permit for 2 years which is expiring this july 2012.. I have already applied for PR under CEC category....Wondering if I can re apply for my an extension on my work permit which will give me time between my work permit and my Permanent Resident status.... I am worried if i dont get a positive work permit .....

Please Advise!!!!

Thank You..

Gracey_Israel

May 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@RJESSOME-- tnx for the comment..When im reading the refusal letter, they stated many reasons including that about LMO but the box has no mark of X unlike to the last statement which appear like this:

Other Reasons:
(X) Based on your personal situation, employment history and long term plans, you have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of any authorized period of stay. (i dont know how to insert box thats why i used parenthesis instead of box)

Your reply is very much appreciated..thanks so much...

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gracey_Israel said:
@ RJESSOME-- tnx for the comment..When im reading the refusal letter, they stated many reasons including that about LMO but the box has no mark of X unlike to the last statement which appear like this:

Other Reasons:
(X) Based on your personal situation, employment history and long term plans, you have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of any authorized period of stay. (i dont know how to insert box thats why i used parenthesis instead of box)

Your reply is very much appreciated..thanks so much...
They don't believe that you will leave Canada at the end of your work contract because you have not proved significant ties to your home country or country of residence. The only option you have is to apply for the WP again and to strengthen that part of your application. A positive LMO does not guarantee a work permit.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pmenon said:
LMO.....

I came to canada as a student and went to the chef school in toronto for a one year full time course, soon after i graduated I got this job as a line cook with my employer, Post my post graduate work permit in July 2010 i got a work permit for 2 years which is expiring this july 2012.. I have already applied for PR under CEC category....Wondering if I can re apply for my an extension on my work permit which will give me time between my work permit and my Permanent Resident status.... I am worried if i dont get a positive work permit .....

Please Advise!!!!

Thank You..
You need an LMO to extend your work permit.

Gracey_Israel

May 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks RJESSOME--- my employer ask me to provide a bank statement and a property written in my name. Yeah im going re-apply again. By the way my LMO will expire on Sept 10, 2012.. hope i can make it this time..tnx so much

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
Gracey_Israel,

May I know where you from (I'm assuming that you're not a citizen of Israel) & what is your job in your LMO? Please share also your timeline. Thanks & Good Luck to your next applications :)