14-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-2-2013
LANDED..........
25-03-2013
solowista_07 said:
Ive got a job in alberta and i had my interview 2 weeks ago and last week they said that they already made a proposal for my job offer and the director of human resource said that they already pass my LMO and i just need to wait 1 week for that ( 5 working business days), they have an E-LMO so this made the process more faster than before. My be it also depends on the category. Il be working in a branded 4 star hotel as a guest service (receptionist) under skilled worker. I have a BS. Tourism major in Hotel Resort/Restaurant Management degree. Am crossing my finger to get this LMO result this week.

Am just wondering why other people said that it will take 2 to 3 months, well as i said earlier it might depend on your category. Try to search abot LMO on google and you will be able to have a clue on your status.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If employers qualify, they can apply for Labour Market Opinions for the occupations listed above. Their applications will be processed within three (3) to five (5) business days of HRSDC/SC having received them."

AS FROM THIS WEBSITE
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483996

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you will have an idea now... Good LUCk for both of us!
"The Expedited Labour Market Opinion (E-LMO) Pilot Project is a two-step process:

Employers apply to HRSDC/SC to participate in the Expedited Labour Market Opinion (E-LMO) Pilot Project.

If employers qualify, they can apply for Labour Market Opinions for the occupations listed above. Their applications will be processed within three (3) to five (5) business days of HRSDC/SC having received them."

We know that the E-LMO will take 5 days but how long for the first step which is the application to participate in the E-LMO?

ishpiringkiting

Jan 11, 2012
LMO and contract

:) hi i am newbie here. i would just like to ask and somehow enlighten me on this -- my husband got a JO in Grande Prairie in Alberta, Canada (direct hire) last Feb. 7.. The employer emailed him that he will forward an LMO and contract after. My question is that, how long does it usually take for the LMO process and does it provide a visa or my husband will still be the one to apply for it after the LMO? thanks to those who will answer. wil be greatly appreciated. ;) ;)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: LMO and contract

ishpiringkiting said:
:) hi i am newbie here. i would just like to ask and somehow enlighten me on this -- my husband got a JO in Grande Prairie in Alberta, Canada (direct hire) last Feb. 7.. The employer emailed him that he will forward an LMO and contract after. My question is that, how long does it usually take for the LMO process and does it provide a visa or my husband will still be the one to apply for it after the LMO? thanks to those who will answer. wil be greatly appreciated. ;) ;)
I have heard 12 weeks in AB recently but if the employer already had an open LMO and just needs to add his name to it, it would be faster. Once your husband gets the LMO, he can apply for a work permit. If he is visa exempt to Canada, he can just show up at the border with his LMO and $150 and get his work permit instantly. If he is not visa exempt, he will have to apply at the Canadian embassy nearest to where you live.