+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO process time

fyang1985

Sep 4, 2008
Hi!
I'm a new member here..My employer has submitted the LMO application at the office in Vancouver in July 10th,I want to ask, how long would it take for the result?
thanks

solowista_07

Sep 28, 2008
Ive got a job in alberta and i had my interview 2 weeks ago and last week they said that they already made a proposal for my job offer and the director of human resource said that they already pass my LMO and i just need to wait 1 week for that ( 5 working business days), they have an E-LMO so this made the process more faster than before. My be it also depends on the category. Il be working in a branded 4 star hotel as a guest service (receptionist) under skilled worker. I have a BS. Tourism major in Hotel Resort/Restaurant Management degree. Am crossing my finger to get this LMO result this week.

Am just wondering why other people said that it will take 2 to 3 months, well as i said earlier it might depend on your category. Try to search abot LMO on google and you will be able to have a clue on your status.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If employers qualify, they can apply for Labour Market Opinions for the occupations listed above. Their applications will be processed within three (3) to five (5) business days of HRSDC/SC having received them."

AS FROM THIS WEBSITE
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483996

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you will have an idea now... Good LUCk for both of us!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everything varies and the time they give you may just be the average. I know a guy who is already in Canada trying to change a work permit. He was told by Service Canada that his LMO and work permit would only take 7 weeks and he's waiting 13 now. He went there and asked them and the only thing they could tell him is that it's in process and normally should take 7 weeks.

fyang1985

Sep 4, 2008
thank you.I still do not receive any information ..now,it is too long ,i will be crazy.now ,I wondering if I should go to Canada,if it amout to wait still.

lalala

Oct 7, 2008
fyang1985 said:
thank you.I still do not receive any information ..now,it is too long ,i will be crazy.now ,I wondering if I should go to Canada,if it amout to wait still.
Hello Fyang 1985.
There are some delay so it is taking more time. We all have to be patient I guess.

lalala

Oct 7, 2008
Leon said:
Everything varies and the time they give you may just be the average. I know a guy who is already in Canada trying to change a work permit. He was told by Service Canada that his LMO and work permit would only take 7 weeks and he's waiting 13 now. He went there and asked them and the only thing they could tell him is that it's in process and normally should take 7 weeks.
The human ressources have contacted my employer and asked for my last pay stub (which has been faxed to them) about a week and half ago.The application was sent five weeks ago and we are still waiting for an answer. Is any of you in the same situation? And how long is the processing time right now in Toronto? And why is it taking so long?
Please I need some advices, thank you for your responses.