AOR Received.
Jan-22-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
March-15-2016
LANDED..........
April-10-2016
My current PGWP is expiring on June 21st, and I will get 52 weeks of work experience in the end of July. Going to talk to boss about LMO and post ads. Hopefully, everything is ready before I apply for WP extension.

Question: Can I apply for CEC while waiting for LMO AND WP ?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
You can always apply for CEC if you have completed precisely one year of work experience in Canada in a full time skilled job BEFORE the date of submission of application. CIC is pretty strict about it, so even if you are short of a few days, you might be refused. I have heard of cases where people took some vacation during the year and had trouble fulfilling their full one year requirement.

KKMONKEY

May 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-10-2014
AOR Received.
Jan-22-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
March-15-2016
LANDED..........
April-10-2016
fkl said:
You can always apply for CEC if you have completed precisely one year of work experience in Canada in a full time skilled job BEFORE the date of submission of application. CIC is pretty strict about it, so even if you are short of a few days, you might be refused. I have heard of cases where people took some vacation during the year and had trouble fulfilling their full one year requirement.
Thank you for your reply. I am counting the weeks I've been working, and I should have 52 weeks by the end of July. But I took a few days off within these 52 weeks. Do I need to take that account too? I was working full time (over 35 hours per week) at all time

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
KKMONKEY said:
Thank you for your reply. I am counting the weeks I've been working, and I should have 52 weeks by the end of July. But I took a few days off within these 52 weeks. Do I need to take that account too? I was working full time (over 35 hours per week) at all time
May be. It's better to be safe than sorry. I have heard people having issues with that though details are not clear to me. Personally, i would delay it for a few extra weeks just to be sure.