+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lmo as since of August, 2013

tracytran

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Timeline:
Application sent: august 28
Havent got any new yet. pgwp will expire in oct 30.
gonna apply for work permit in oct 15 and stand in implied status
anyone sent same time?

girl_ON

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
@ Tracy
It seems like we have similar situation.
My work permit going to be expired end of oCTOBER too . I am going to apply LMO tomorrow.

Did you apply LMO yourself or through the lawyer?

Pleas keep update your status. Cross our fingers

tracytran

Star Member
May 25, 2013
My employer did lmo for me.i have no idea. just waiting.they said it takes about 4 to 8 weeks but some said about 8 to 10 weeks.there is no phone call from hrdsc yet

tiagodj

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tracytran said:
Timeline:
Application sent: august 28
Havent got any new yet. pgwp will expire in oct 30.
gonna apply for work permit in oct 15 and stand in implied status
anyone sent same time?
@tracytran, what is your NOC code and where did you apply for the LMO?

My employer applied for mine on August 26th and my noc is 2173, for Vancouver.

I haven't got any reply yet.

sukip

Jun 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
Med's Request
20-12-2013
Med's Done....
28-12-2013
LANDED..........
Already Living in Canada
Hello,

My post grad work permit expiring soon. My employer is planning to apply LMO for me. I am in Montreal. How long does it take? do we have any processing time chart?
And
Now after getting LMO, can i apply for work permit both me and my husband who is on the open work permit which he got depending on me.
so can i apply both for of us together?? or do i have to wait for my work permit and then apply for him.

Please reply!!!!

girl_ON

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
samwill said:
Hello I have got a question. My post graduate work permit expired last week , can I still work? I am waiting for my LMO to come.
Please help someone.
You can still work legally on Implied Status until the decision is made by the officer for your Work permit and LMO.

tracytran

Star Member
May 25, 2013
My noc is 1311 bookkeeper.i have accounting background from my country then studied mba in canada.well, my first step to start my career in canada.i just worked since july 2013.they finished lmo in augudt 25 and sent it in august 28.
If you send your work permit application 2 weeks before your work permit expire with the letter explain that ypur lmo is is process, you still can work legally under implied status

samwill

Aug 1, 2013
girl_ON said:
You can still work legally on Implied Status until the decision is made by the officer for your Work permit and LMO.
girl_ON I did not apply to extend my work permit because I do not have an answer for LMO. Am I still considered implied status? :'(My PGWP expired but I am still working for the same employer.

Hitoriki

Jun 30, 2011
samwill said:
girl_ON I did not apply to extend my work permit because I do not have an answer for LMO. Am I still considered implied status? :'(My PGWP expired but I am still working for the same employer.
Hey Samwill,

To answer your question, you are not considered implied status. Implied status is only given to those that applied for an extension on their workpermit BEFORE they expire. If you try applying for a renewal/extension of your current expired work permit, you will be rejected. You technically should stop working, and should apply for a visitors permit so that you can stay in canada while you work on getting your LMO and work permit again.

I say "technically" you should stop working as i know many people that continue to work, however it can work against you if the CIC see's that you have continued to work "illegally".

Next time, send in your work permit renewal form 2 weeks prior to your work permit expiry date and provide proof you have sent in your LMO, this will allow you to get implied status and avoid the whole issue of waiting for your LMO.

samwill

Aug 1, 2013
Hitoriki said:
Hey Samwill,

To answer your question, you are not considered implied status. Implied status is only given to those that applied for an extension on their workpermit BEFORE they expire. If you try applying for a renewal/extension of your current expired work permit, you will be rejected. You technically should stop working, and should apply for a visitors permit so that you can stay in canada while you work on getting your LMO and work permit again.

I say "technically" you should stop working as i know many people that continue to work, however it can work against you if the CIC see's that you have continued to work "illegally".

Next time, send in your work permit renewal form 2 weeks prior to your work permit expiry date and provide proof you have sent in your LMO, this will allow you to get implied status and avoid the whole issue of waiting for your LMO.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CLEAR ANSWER :)

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
My noc is 1311 and my employer apply for Lmo on 19 th July still its in process no any phone call or no any update applied in Ontario I talk today with call center agent my wp expiring on Oct 25. They said apply two week before wp expire for renewal with explanation letter including ur Lmo application file number

tracytran

Star Member
May 25, 2013
How many percent possiblly I can get positive lmo with 1311? I just work for my company since july 2013 n they apply lmo for me right away.do I need to send my payroll... to get more chance? I have no skilled canadian experience before I got this job and I'm in my pgwp valid until oct 30 :(

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
Not sure about chance of success now days its take around 3 to 4 month for approval. My apply on 19 Julyin noC 1311 and still did not hear anything from service canada