+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA JOB OFFER LETTER. ASIVAD N SENIORS PLEASE HELP

Prdesupne

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My employer was able to get an lmia for me. I am currently on an open work permit. Could somebody post me sample offer letter that i can attach with my file.
My current wage is less than what is mentioned on the LMIA, am i eligible to get that wage from the day lmia was issued or shud i wait until a get work permit with the employer.
Would it matter when i apply for pr if my current wage rate is less than the one offered on the lmia. Again, i am currently working on an open work permit.
I would really appreciate the help. Its very urgent.

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
Prdesupne said:
My employer was able to get an lmia for me. I am currently on an open work permit. Could somebody post me sample offer letter that i can attach with my file.
My current wage is less than what is mentioned on the LMIA, am i eligible to get that wage from the day lmia was issued or shud i wait until a get work permit with the employer.
Would it matter when i apply for pr if my current wage rate is less than the one offered on the lmia. Again, i am currently working on an open work permit.
I would really appreciate the help. Its very urgent.

job offer shd be mentioned as permanent and non seasonal without ending date...rest is normal words...i cant tell abt wages exactly..wait for others advice..best of luck..

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Part of the LMIA is your employer agreeing to pay you the wages that they stated in the application.

As soon as your LMIA is activated with your work permit, you should be earning the higher wage. So it depends on whether you got an LMIA only for your PR application or also for a work permit.

Hope this helps.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prdesupne said:
Thank you. Could somebody tell me abt the wages please.

Its should be between you and your employer what is he paying, but if while applying you tell immigration you are under paid than your application will be rejected because your are not suppose to be taking less than that your employer mentioned in your lmia application. you strictly have stay with the wage that you mentioned in lmia.

Prdesupne

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am currently earning 13 an hour and will be getting 18.5 the day i get my lmia based work permit. but my employer is willing to pay me 18.5 from the day the lmia was approved just to be on the safe side.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Prdesupne said:
In general, it would depend on the kind of LMIA - was it an LMIA to support a PR application (no fee) or an LMIA to support a work permit (as well as PR application)?

(Since you're working on an open work permit, not an LMIA-supported TWP, the terms do not apply to your current/past work history. The terms DO apply as soon as you get the new work permit).

If it was to support the PR application, that is a promise of future employment, to be effective when you become a permanent resident. So I wouldn't worry if you currently earn less, but if it is for the same position(duties/responsibilities), the difference shouldn't be huge - it should be reasonable in terms of a raise..

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prdesupne said:
I am currently earning 13 an hour and will be getting 18.5 the day i get my lmia based work permit. but my employer is willing to pay me 18.5 from the day the lmia was approved just to be on the safe side.
You have to make sure if before applying for your pr , u are getting 18.5, because that's the wage you got approved for

Prdesupne

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
In general, it would depend on the kind of LMIA - was it an LMIA to support a PR application (no fee) or an LMIA to support a work permit (as well as PR application)?

(Since you're working on an open work permit, not an LMIA-supported TWP, the terms do not apply to your current/past work history. The terms DO apply as soon as you get the new work permit).

If it was to support the PR application, that is a promise of future employment, to be effective when you become a permanent resident. So I wouldn't worry if you currently earn less, but if it is for the same position(duties/responsibilities), the difference shouldn't be huge - it should be reasonable in terms of a raise..
Hey jes. Its basically the lmia my employer paid for. So its basically for a work permit. But that does get me the points. So its 18.50 from 11 dec onwards. Thank you guys. Is there anything i need to be careful about.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prdesupne said:
Hey jes. Its basically the lmia my employer paid for. So its basically for a work permit. But that does get me the points. So its 18.50 from 11 dec onwards. Thank you guys. Is there anything i need to be careful about.

ya you have make sure from dec 11 onwards you are getting 18.5 , if you continuing with 13 than they cancel your application because all they know is whoever hired in that position should be getting 18.5 , wheather citizen or temporary resident

Iqraam

Nov 16, 2023
Please I wan ti check if the LMIA given to me by Canadian employer is authentic . LMIA #788816. Address is 2331 Arbor Court Mountain View . W. Y. Wyoming. Please assist me check if it is Aunthentic

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please I wan ti check if the LMIA given to me by Canadian employer is authentic . LMIA #788816. Address is 2331 Arbor Court Mountain View . W. Y. Wyoming. Please assist me check if it is Aunthentic
Fake. Wyoming is in the United States.