+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lmia exempt work permit

ba2323

Nov 5, 2014
Hi, does anyone know this.
If I get a caregiver job and I think employers are exempt from paying lmia fee for health sector jobs, when I apply for work permit, do I still need an lmia letter or just the job offer letter?
I hope this is understandable.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, does anyone know this.
If I get a caregiver job and I think employers are exempt from paying lmia fee for health sector jobs, when I apply for work permit, do I still need an lmia letter or just the job offer letter?
I hope this is understandable.
Are you in Canada? If so, what is your status? What NOC? Is this a caregiver for a person with high medical needs. IF so your employer doesn’t need to pay the fee. If in Canada, once you have the approved LMIA, you apply for work permit.

ba2323

Nov 5, 2014
I am in Canada with a visitor visa. The employer still applies for the lmia but just doesn't pay the fee?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in Canada with a visitor visa. The employer still applies for the lmia but just doesn't pay the fee?
If it is a regular caregiver (child or adult doesn’t have high medical needs, 24/7 medical care) then employer pays the fee. Assume your employer has set up a business registration for payroll, has posted the full-time job on job sites, meet income levels too. All requirements for your employer are on the IRCC website along with application.