+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living in Calgary.. can I land in montreal?

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Hey guys! Does anyone know if this is possible?

My spouse will be coming soon and I live in alberta. But we have a very large dog so he was thinking to fly with a certain airline that only goes to montreal.
Is it possible for him to land in montreal even though he's going to be living in calgary. I know quebec had different rules. But if he has his copr with alberta address and has his calgary flight bought. Would it be a problem to land in montreal? Or should he be okay.

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Pretty sure he would be fine to go through any Canadian airport and complete his landing there. I think that 1st point of entry in to Canada is where the landing interview will be held. If he shows his onwards flight itinerary they will see exactly his intentions. Just make sure he leaves appropriate time between flights. I would aim if possible to have a 2 1/2- 3 Hour delay between flights just so all formalities can be completed. I think the landing interview is about 15 minutes or so plus waiting time.

Good luck :D

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
R151NG5UN said:
Pretty sure he would be fine to go through any Canadian airport and complete his landing there. I think that 1st point of entry in to Canada is where the landing interview will be held. If he shows his onwards flight itinerary they will see exactly his intentions. Just make sure he leaves appropriate time between flights. I would aim if possible to have a 2 1/2- 3 Hour delay between flights just so all formalities can be completed. I think the landing interview is about 15 minutes or so plus waiting time.

i hope so!.
i wont see why not. but who knows with quebec rules.

but yeah the first flight arrives 730am. and the departue to calgary isnt till 6:45 pm. so the immigration stuff wouldnt be a problem at all.

do you think it would be a probem if he stayed one night in montreal before departing to calgary. because he will be bringing our large dog with us.
so she will fly checked baggage from mexico to montreal. but than from montreal to calgary she will have to be taken to the cargo area for the west jet flight. im not really sure how west jet cargo works. but anyways if for some reason the dog cant be dropped off before the next flight. would it be a problem to stay overnight in montreal do u think?

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
I think they encounter these problems on a regular basis and looking at it from your perspective and that of a immigration official I really cant see any reason why not. He has his COPR with an Alberta address, an onward flight to Calgary. Everything is legit and paperwork supports all of that. I am sure some when they travel to Canada to reside as a PR take the chance and sample other places in Canada before heading onwards on to their final destination. This is only my opinion and you may want to check it with somebody with more knowledge but you should be fine.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
R151NG5UN said:
I think they encounter these problems on a regular basis and looking at it from your perspective and that of a immigration official I really cant see any reason why not. He has his COPR with an Alberta address, an onward flight to Calgary. Everything is legit and paperwork supports all of that. I am sure some when they travel to Canada to reside as a PR take the chance and sample other places in Canada before heading onwards on to their final destination. This is only my opinion and you may want to check it with somebody with more knowledge but you should be fine.

haha yes this is very true!. i worry too much
thanks for the reply!!
i think we will check with the embassy before we actually book it. but all that makes sense i dont see why it would be a problem. they say your allowed to land at any canadian airport.
:)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
LeisaP said:
haha yes this is very true!. i worry too much
thanks for the reply!!
i think we will check with the embassy before we actually book it. but all that makes sense i dont see why it would be a problem. they say your allowed to land at any canadian airport.
:)
You can land in Montreal without issues.

Many people fly into one Canadian city first when another city (in another province) is their actual destination. Since you have to go through landing procedures at the first port of entry (first city of arrival in Canada), immigration is very used to seeing people land who are actually transit passengers en route to a different destination in Canada.

Just make sure you leave enough time between flight to go through the landing procedures. I would leave an absolute minimum of two hours (although this is cutting it extremely close if there are line-ups at immigration). Better to have four hours between flights.

Again, what your planning is perfectly normal. No need to worry.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
scylla said:
You can land in Montreal without issues.

Many people fly into one Canadian city first when another city (in another province) is their actual destination. Since you have to go through landing procedures at the first port of entry (first city of arrival in Canada), immigration is very used to seeing people land who are actually transit passengers en route to a different destination in Canada.

Just make sure you leave enough time between flight to go through the landing procedures. I would leave an absolute minimum of two hours (although this is cutting it extremely close if there are line-ups at immigration). Better to have four hours between flights.

Again, what your planning is perfectly normal. No need to worry.
Okay great thank you!! this is very reassuring. and takes a huge weight off our shoulders. :)
yeah the time between will be sufficient. fortunatly all flights from this airline are red eyes to montreal. so he would arrive 730 in the morning and all of the direct flights west jet to calgary are 645pm. so i know he will have enough time to do all the immigration stuff and customs and all that.

thanks again!! you are very helpful :)