+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live in USA want to move to Canada im 19

joev121

Oct 18, 2015
Hello i want to become a permanent residence in Canada not a citizen and wanted to know how easy it is to do this i know you have to live in Canada for 2 years but would i have to emancipate myself from my parents. I'm not able to do this because of medical reasons and i don't want that to stop me. I am very serious about moving. Thank you for your time

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For Canada:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

For Quebec:
See link in my sig.

At 19, Canada (and Qc) would consider you as an adult. No need for "emancipation".Whether you would meet the minimum requirements for immigration....: see links.

However, if you are considered (have been declared by a court) mentally incapacitated for some reason which means your parents still have medical poa/make decisions for you, you would need to have that court order/poa removed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
joev121 said:
Hello i want to become a permanent residence in Canada not a citizen and wanted to know how easy it is to do this i know you have to live in Canada for 2 years but would i have to emancipate myself from my parents. I'm not able to do this because of medical reasons and i don't want that to stop me. I am very serious about moving. Thank you for your time
Just to be clear, living in Canada for two years does not qualify you for permanent residency (some people mistakenly believe this is the case).

You'll need at least one year of full time and paid work experience (likely in a skilled profession) to qualify to apply to immigrate. And even that most likely won't be enough. It's quite likely that it will be a few more years before you can apply and be selected. During that time, I would focus on continuing your education and gaining as much work experience as possible (either in a skilled profession or in a trade). Note that you will have to pass a medical in order to be accepted as a permanent resident of Canada. Good luck.