+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LIVE IN CAREGIVER WORK PERMIT APPLICATION from PHILS REFUSED

fhel22

Aug 30, 2012
hello..anyone can help me what to do now...i got refused of LCP work permit because i did not satisfy the visa officer that i have completed my 6 months training of caregiver course and also because i did not have one year paid employment as caregiver..i am from philippines..i had 6 months course of caregiving course and i also had experience as caregiver but it is not continous..i wonder what can i do to my application..:(

i sent my application May 2,2012
received AOr SEPT 5,2012
refuSAL LETTER feb2,2013

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Did you send your certificate of training as part of your supporting documents? Where did you receive your experience as caregiver? Did you have a contract with the employer/s and ITR/s to show you actually worked for them in a paid capacity?

fhel22 said:
hello..anyone can help me what to do now...i got refused of LCP work permit because i did not satisfy the visa officer that i have completed my 6 months training of caregiver course and also because i did not have one year paid employment as caregiver..i am from philippines..i had 6 months course of caregiving course and i also had experience as caregiver but it is not continous..i wonder what can i do to my application..:(

received AOr SEPT 5,2012
refuSAL LETTER feb2,2013

fhel22

Aug 30, 2012
YES i sent three certificates of on the job training as caregiver as part of the course..and i sent affidavit from my employer to guarantee that i am working as caregiver but i did not submit a ITR because i did not know i will need it... i am residing in philippines : (

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Sent you a private message.

fhel22 said:
YES i sent three certificates of on the job training as caregiver as part of the course..and i sent affidavit from my employer to guarantee that i am working as caregiver but i did not submit a ITR because i did not know i will need it... i am residing in philippines : (

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
fhel22 said:

received AOr SEPT 5,2012
refuSAL LETTER feb2,2013
If you wont mind my asking, may i know the school where you took the caregiving course...what documents did you submit to prove that you finished the required 6-month caregiving course...did you take the NC II of Tesda?

fhel22

Aug 30, 2012
i took the caregiving course in ASIAN COLLEGES AND TECHNOLOGICAL INSTITUTE here in Mindanao philippines...and it is affiliated school of TESDA here ..also sent my DIPLOMA and TOR of caregiver course...i also gave my NC2 certificates which was passed under the TESDA..I dont know why they said that they are not satisfied that i did not completed the 6 months training..its unbelievable reason for refusal.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Successful Completion of Related Training or Experience

Your training or experience should be in early childhood education, geriatric care, or pediatric nursing, to name just a few areas. If you are a licensed registered nurse, with experience, you are normally considered to meet this requirement.

Training

In order to qualify, the six-month training course must have been completed as part of formal education taken at an institution accredited by the local education authority. In the Philippines, TESDA (Technical Education and Skills Development Authority) is the "local authority.” To verify if a particular training school has the necessary accreditation, please refer to the TESDA website.

In addition to being TESDA-accredited, your training must also comply with the requirements of Canadian immigration legislation and policy. Full-time training must be completed within a period of at least six months with a minimum of 25 hours per week in a classroom setting. Time spent performing on-the-job training or a practicum is not considered part of your required training, even though this may be a TESDA requirement. Correspondence courses, evening and weekend classes are also not considered as "full time."

NOTE: If your classroom training is less than 6 months, this will result in the refusal of your application.

As a quality control measure, embassy officials periodically monitor caregiver training institutions to ensure that the schools meet the requirements of the Canadian legislation and policy. If your caregiver school does not meet the required standards, you may be deemed not to have met the Program’s requirements and your application may be refused.

A number of institutions in the Philippines have developed a "six month caregiver course." These are in no way affiliated with, or accredited or certified by the Canadian Government or the Embassy of Canada.

It is recommended that you exercise due diligence in choosing a training centre. The onus is on you to verify that the school is not only TESDA accredited, but also that the training complies with the requirements of Canadian immigration legislation and policy.

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
fhel22 said:
i took the caregiving course in ASIAN COLLEGES AND TECHNOLOGICAL INSTITUTE here in Mindanao philippines...and it is affiliated school of TESDA here ..also sent my DIPLOMA and TOR of caregiver course...i also gave my NC2 certificates which was passed under the TESDA..I dont know why they said that they are not satisfied that i did not completed the 6 months training..its unbelievable reason for refusal.
well, in that case, if you can really prove that you have satisfied their requirements, maybe you can make an appeal to the Visa Officers.

sky_free

Feb 4, 2013
hi. im from the philippines and my uncle sponsored me via live in caregiver. I JUST received the lmo, contract and other documents last january 21. For now, Im just completing the documents to be pass at canadian embassy. Can i ask how long will it take to process my application in canadian embassy if i applied this week? I have the contract and other documents stated that i should start asap. thanks. im so worried that this processing will take several months or even years. hope theres someone who can help me and also experiences what i am experiencing.thanks a lot..really need ur help:(

musnianne

Sep 9, 2013
sky_free said:
hi. im from the philippines and my uncle sponsored me via live in caregiver. I JUST received the lmo, contract and other documents last january 21. For now, Im just completing the documents to be pass at canadian embassy. Can i ask how long will it take to process my application in canadian embassy if i applied this week? I have the contract and other documents stated that i should start asap. thanks. im so worried that this processing will take several months or even years. hope theres someone who can help me and also experiences what i am experiencing.thanks a lot..really need ur help:(
hi skyfree.... so how's application now,are u in canada already?

Charmaigne

Sep 19, 2013
wsongco said:
Successful Completion of Related Training or Experience

Your training or experience should be in early childhood education, geriatric care, or pediatric nursing, to name just a few areas. If you are a licensed registered nurse, with experience, you are normally considered to meet this requirement.
Good day,

I would just like to consult you all regarding the needed experience or training as a caregiver. I am a Nurse in the Philippines that passed the boards last 2012 (haven't had employment experience in a hospital, rather in an administrative work related to health), I would like to ask whether my experience of undergraduate schooling be credited as experience for Live-in caregiver? If so, what document can I show to my possible employer and Canadian embassy? Or if you may suggest what I could do.
Please help me on this.. Thank you very much...

musnianne

Sep 9, 2013
Charmaigne said:
Good day,

I would just like to consult you all regarding the needed experience or training as a caregiver. I am a Nurse in the Philippines that passed the boards last 2012 (haven't had employment experience in a hospital, rather in an administrative work related to health), I would like to ask whether my experience of undergraduate schooling be credited as experience for Live-in caregiver? If so, what document can I show to my possible employer and Canadian embassy? Or if you may suggest what I could do.
Please help me on this.. Thank you very much...

Hi charmaine.. we're both RN but i'm working here in riyadh.... just try coz i've read some threads about RN without experience na naapproved na..=)....actually we hav that six months training already from our RLE ryt? just try....goodluck

sky_free

Feb 4, 2013
hi.i am applying for a live in caregiver.i am done with my medical last Jan 28. i am completing the requirements. would the hospital or center where i undergo my medical will call me or update me if my medical results are already sent to the embassy? Because based on the letter the embassy gave me, the panel physician should be named, the date when my panel physician submitted the result will also be given to them(embassy).i am waiting for their call. Another thing is i am also renewing my passport,because it also state that it should be with minimum of two years. my passport will expire on 2016.more or less its two years.thats why..plsssss...respond to my questions? lastly do u think after this medical how long does it take to have my visa? thanks much....

cutenurse21

Oct 1, 2013
sky_free said:
hi.i am applying for a live in caregiver.i am done with my medical last Jan 28. i am completing the requirements. would the hospital or center where i undergo my medical will call me or update me if my medical results are already sent to the embassy? Because based on the letter the embassy gave me, the panel physician should be named, the date when my panel physician submitted the result will also be given to them(embassy).i am waiting for their call. Another thing is i am also renewing my passport,because it also state that it should be with minimum of two years. my passport will expire on 2016.more or less its two years.thats why..plsssss...respond to my questions? lastly do u think after this medical how long does it take to have my visa? thanks much....
Where did u undergo medical? You can call them to ask when is the possible date they can forward your medical to CEM. But if there is something wrong with your medical e.g. Xray they will call you. Based on your statement, you also have PPR. In the date of submission you can put there the tentative date e.g. Within two - three weeks. But pls verify the hospital first. About getting visa, usually u will get it after two months but really depends. I got visa 40days after my medical. I hope it helps. And i suggest you to like the page in fb "Batch 2012 LCP applicants" so u will be more updated and can ask anything that bothers u. I hope it helps :)

jesika123

Nov 22, 2014
Hi pls i need an advice. What would i do if i receive a letter from visa officer that he is not satisfied that i
I succesfully completd my 6mnths of my caregiving but the fact is i did have 30 hours a week in training
school . Pls help actually i have one clasmate that was approve with same docs submitted pls help