+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Strikenannies said:
to yffAm:

Ok I will answer some of your questions but you should totally follow Kalinka suggestion and open a new forum.

when you arrive in Canada to work as a caregiver under the live in caregiver program, CIC give to you a work permit, that allows you to work as a caregiver ONLY for your employer. YOU CAN"T WORK FOR SOMEONE ELSE. if you decide to work for other person you have to do everything again, and wait for a new work permit to work for your new employer.

What it's mean? Mean that you are vinculate to your employer, you can work only for them and live with them until you complete 24 months or 3900 hours of working. Open work permit allows you to work for any person that you want and under the live in caregiver program you will get that after apply for your PR and few months of waiting...

With your work permit you can have health care, get off from Canada and come back...only if your work permit is valid.

Some people when come to Canada to work, they receive a work permit, their family, if decide to come with them received a work permit too...but only because they are in family. For example if a man come to canada to work as a nurse, the immigration will give to him a work permit as a nurse, if his family come with him, they will received a work permit too, only because the father or husband has it.

Live in caregivers were suppose to come to work to look after someone or a child and live with a family...usually they are not allowed to bring their kids or husband...but if the family that you work allows you to bring your child, great! You can try...but I will be very sincere with you...It will be very hard for you to prove that your employer will be soooo happy to received your kid and that won;t affect your job...You will have your kid here...less attention for your boss's kid...

You can try and very good luck to you...but I also think that you should go to CIC website and read about the program...if you don't know that you can apply for PR only after 2 years working, you need to clarify your ideas...

I hope this help you...

All the best!
thank you for the reply. things are beginning to be clear for me now.. thanks to you guys..

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
Have you heard about Ruby Dhalla?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Dhalla

You should know what she did against her caregivers and that her name is not on black list...

Kathy he

Jul 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lucyfun said:
EbonyIvory said:
Congratulations Lucyfun!!!! :)
Thanks girls thank your very much for your congratulation.So what I am going to do urgently ,go back China asap just in case my daughter call another lady “mom”. My qustion is HOW TO APPLY RE-ENTRY VISA ANDER-LIC?
pls help me girls !
lucyfun congratulation
just go to the website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp
1,download the form then fill it out
2,collect the documents you need comply with the checklist
3,go to a bank pay the fee( several ways to do that, i used money order when i applied)
4,mail your application to the right place( don't forget put the recipet and finacial support list)

hope this will be a little help. good luck

Berry11

Star Member
Oct 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2010
EbonyIvory said:
tayme
berry
Argy
trishia
shelloon
Znereg
Hope to hear more good news from May applicants this week. :)

Thanks ebonyivory, i really hope so... I am crossing my fingers and hope they'll continue to process more applications...

tayme

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lucyfun said:
]Hi Guys
I meed your help!what they need me to do the sentence below?

A decision has been made and you will be contacted :p
Congratulations lucyfun!!!! our timeline is the same hope i can get good news these days..

tayme

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EbonyIvory said:
tayme
berry
Argy
trishia
shelloon
Znereg
Im wishing tooo. thanks EbonyIvory...

trisha

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
@ebonyivory:i hope so..
Just want to let you know my friend check her ecas and its decision made shes april 29 applicant with dependant

Mrs. Just Tiis

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Hello to everyone! Just to share some inputs...

I just would like to share that a friend of mine knows somebody, a September 2010 applicant - single, who got her OWP already.

Also, I called CIC last Tuesday, to verify if the LC2 kit comes first before getting an OWP, the agent said NO, although the timing of the dependants/spouse getting the LC2 kit is almost simultaneous to the applicant getting the OWP - ideally this would be the case.

I think what happened to the April applicants is that, the release of their OWP got held up for some reason. Their LC2 kits have been sent, but their OWP's were delayed. That's why there have been concerns in the forum that we can't get our OWP unless our dependents get their LC2 kit. This is NOT TRUE and has been corrected by BOYZONE's info source.

I also think, that because they have become more strict with LMO applications, the inflow of new LIC's have diminished significantly. They try to mitigate the labour shortage by delaying our processing time so we can stay in the program longer and work as an LIC longer to cover for the shortage. We became sacrificial lambs.

They have prioritized to process the single applicants as they have no dependents and will be less of a burden to the Canadian government in terms of costs (cost of healthcare, education, etc.).

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO GOT THEIR OWP!!!

KEEP THE FAITH FOR THOSE WHO ARE STILL WAITING.

I am a June 2010 applicant, married...but maybe not for long. This long processing time has taken a toll on my marriage.

EbonyIvory

Oct 18, 2011
@ Mrs.Just Tiis
Thanks for sharing some inputs with us.
Hoping the processing on applications will move on every week so we will get good news by the end of this year. ;)

Znereg

Nov 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 August 2012 (LC2 Kit submitted)
AOR Received.
Start processing (ecas): 08 November 2012
Med's Request
10 January 2013
Med's Done....
30 January 2013
Interview........
05 June 2013 (LC1)
Passport Req..
19 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 18,2013 (LC2)
LANDED..........
June 05, 2013 (LC1)
EbonyIvory said:
tayme
berry
Argy
trishia
shelloon
Znereg
Thanks EbonyIvory!It would be the BEST Christmas gift that we can all have...May God continually touch their hearts that they may feel the sacrifices we've gone through for this application and to be far away from our beloved loveones mostly at Christmas Season.. Advance Merry Christmas to all member of this forum...:)

honeyvee13

Jul 1, 2011
hello..i just want to know what is the link in cic website if i want to renew my owp online because it will expire soon.i applied for pr last april 2011 and i need to go home to the philippines for my father's operation.thank you

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
honeyvee13 said:
hello..i just want to know what is the link in cic website if i want to renew my owp online because it will expire soon.i applied for pr last april 2011 and i need to go home to the philippines for my father's operation.thank you
honeyvee- I believe that you are talking about your work permit, if it's you can apply here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp

then you choose work permit, dont forget to send you passport, contract, letter from your employer. You have to scan it and submit online...it'll take 78 days for them to send to you. I hope that will have time to go to stay with your family in this hard time...

Good luck!