Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
grachael said:
congrats molo..
Godbless
Thanks grachael! :-*
God Bless to you and your family too! ;)

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
Berry11 said:
If you don't mind me asking, what was the remarks in your owp?
Hi Berry! ;)
INITIAL APPROVAL. ;D

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
EbonyIvory said:
Hi molo
Congratulations again!!!
You deserve the reward for being so patient. ;)

Just wanna ask one thing for you.
Were you able to get any information regarding your spouse' OWP through the CIC hot line ( WP 1 2 7 )?
Im not able to get any new information about my kids's study permits ( SP 1 2 6 - there is only an old massage i can hear).
What i have got the reply from my MP is that;

According to a telephone call to MP office Dec 5, 2011, CIC has pre-approved my kids for study permits.
The office was informed by CIC that my kids' SP will be issued and posted to me after the approval in principle.

My application has not been updated through the ecas nor CIC automated voice massage service.
Even the CIC call centre agent that i spoke to seems no knowledge in terms of initial stage approval on my application eventhough they are woking on applications received up to 25 June, 2010 as of today.

It makes me anxious bcoz I found two kinds of different copies of me and my kids' application for OWP and SP last Sunday night. One of them, none of IMM status for my kids requested whereas the other one both my kids SP requested with my signature on it.
Im confused which one i sent hopefully i posted the latter.
Hi Ebony!
Thank You so much! :-*

No, I can't open her ecas with her Client ID, nor on telephone automated answering machine! :(
She can only use her Client ID to checked with an agent on the other line. ;D

We have to be patient, ..as this is only the best way we can do!
We just keep our composure.. if not, no body is the looser but us! ;)

BTW.. about your application, I think CIC is working with your application, as they already sent you your OWP.
Just try to talk again to an agent and do some follow-up with your application. Try to remind them the date when they received your application.
I know they will contact the VO that incharge with your application, as this happend to me too! Goodluck! ;)
Hope they will grant you your PR very soon! ;D
Just be more patience, my friend! :-*

Berry11

Star Member
Oct 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2010
sophieme said:
I noticed that they received OWP in which are as pilot project OWP ON weekend days, and they received regular OWP on weekdays in Dec . Is it correct?

I noticed that too... Dec 3 and 4, 10 and 11... Which are saturdays and sundays, let's see what's gonna happen this weekend...

Berry11

Star Member
Oct 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2010
molo5000 said:
Hi Berry! ;)
INITIAL APPROVAL. ;D

That's what i thought cause you're may applicant... Anyways, congras again ;)

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
Berry11 said:
I noticed that too... Dec 3 and 4, 10 and 11... Which are saturdays and sundays, let's see what's gonna happen this weekend...
[/quote
Hopefully cic still work next week so that we will have more excitements on 24 25 nov,I ve heard the automatic answering machine is always updating on the weekends(1 2 7),let cross our fingers!

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
sophieme said:
You are the last one who got this remarks i think.you are really Lucky .God bless to you.
Hi sophieme! You are the last one who got this remarks i think. - only CIC knows that!
But I hope they will issue Initial Approval to those applicants (AIP) that their applications are earlier than June 25, 2010. ..To be fair to everyone! Hope they are working with this now, so this applicant could receive a good news from them too! :D ;D

God Bless to you too! ;)

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
Berry11 said:
That's what i thought cause you're may applicant... Anyways, congras again ;)
Thanks Berry! :-*

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
I heard right now on CBC news Government are going to do Live-in caregivers program easier.
But which way they didn't told.

Mashenka

Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa, December 15, 2011 — Live-in caregivers will be able to get open work permits about 18 months sooner, thanks to a processing change announced today by Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney.

“Too many live-in caregivers have completed their work obligations but must continue living in the home of their employer, waiting for their application for permanent residence to be reviewed,” said the Minister. “This is understandably frustrating. That’s why we have started issuing open work permits to live-in caregivers as soon as they have completed their obligations and submitted an application for permanent residence.”

The Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) allows Canadian families to hire workers from abroad to provide care to a child, an elderly person or an adult with disabilities when there is a demonstrated shortage of Canadians and permanent residents to fill available positions. Caregivers are obliged to work for two years, or 3,900 hours, and then become eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada.

Until now, live-in caregivers waited for an initial approval on their application for permanent residence before being eligible for an open work permit. An open work permit allows the caregiver to move out of their employer’s home and seek jobs in other fields, if that is their wish. As of December 11, 2011, all live-in caregivers who had met their obligations and submitted an application for permanent residence have had their files reviewed. Those who submitted an open work permit application with no missing information are being issued open work permits.

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
Kalinka said:
I heard right now on CBC news Government are going to do Live-in caregivers program easier.
But which way they didn't told.

[/quote
I guess it s the pilot project which seems reasonable.if you were not in the nanny industry,you will never know how hard they are...I hope CIC will grant the OWP and PR to every qualified nanny,they deserve it,god always stays with us! Merry Xams and keep hoping

sophieme

Dec 14, 2011
Mashenka said:
Ottawa, December 15, 2011 — Live-in caregivers will be able to get open work permits about 18 months sooner, thanks to a processing change announced today by Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney.

“Too many live-in caregivers have completed their work obligations but must continue living in the home of their employer, waiting for their application for permanent residence to be reviewed,” said the Minister. “This is understandably frustrating. That's why we have started issuing open work permits to live-in caregivers as soon as they have completed their obligations and submitted an application for permanent residence.”

The Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) allows Canadian families to hire workers from abroad to provide care to a child, an elderly person or an adult with disabilities when there is a demonstrated shortage of Canadians and permanent residents to fill available positions. Caregivers are obliged to work for two years, or 3,900 hours, and then become eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada.

Until now, live-in caregivers waited for an initial approval on their application for permanent residence before being eligible for an open work permit. An open work permit allows the caregiver to move out of their employer's home and seek jobs in other fields, if that is their wish. As of December 11, 2011, all live-in caregivers who had met their obligations and submitted an application for permanent residence have had their files reviewed. Those who submitted an open work permit application with no missing information are being issued open work permits.
Why they don't release regular OWP to those who actually reach the processing time 17- 18 months? Doesn't make sense.