+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver, experience or training related.

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013
Ok, so I just came back from the VAC with a rejected work permit under Live-In Caregiver program, It states that I don't meet the requirements (completion of six months full-time training in a classroom setting or completed one year of full-time paid employment)

I don't quite understand that because I have seven semesters of English Language Teaching at UNAM, which is a very prestigious public university in my country, and I also have two year paid employment. Is it because my work experience was part-time or is it because it was not childcare related? I will be taking care of two kids ages 8-14, they are not toddle or small children anymore.

Any advice, please!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Was your experience part time only? If so, then this experience cannot be used to qualify you for LCP. You need at least one year of full time work. You don't say what your job was - so I can't comment if it's related to child care or not.

As for the English Language Teaching - I'm not certain if CIC classifies this as training that is in a related occupation or field. You're applying to work as a live-in caregiver, not a teacher. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013
Thank you for your reply.

The family that I will be working for wrote a letter explaining their need for someone with my education and experience, Both kids are homeschooled so their needs are different, spanish lessons, etc. I worked two years part-timeas an English teacher for children of all ages...

I can't believe how close minded they can be. :(

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013
I've heard of knowing the notes or reasons of the officer, and that you just have to pay 5 dollars, Does anyone know about this. What site is it?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Coralin said:

The family that I will be working for wrote a letter explaining their need for someone with my education and experience, Both kids are homeschooled so their needs are different, spanish lessons, etc. I worked two years part-timeas an English teacher for children of all ages...

I can't believe how close minded they can be. :(
Unfortunately your experience definitely doesn't qualify since it was part time only. I'm not experienced enough to comment on your education.

When was your education completed?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Coralin said:
I've heard of knowing the notes or reasons of the officer, and that you just have to pay 5 dollars, Does anyone know about this. What site is it?
You can order the notes here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

However you must be located in Canada to order the notes using this method. If you are not in Canada, you can ask someone you know in Canada to order them on your behalf - or you'll need to use one of the services that costs around $40.

I believe it takes around 3 months to get the notes after they are ordered.

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013
Thank you.

I started the major in September 2008 and finished it in November 2012. I only finish 7 semesters. English Language Teaching.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry - I don't think I can be of any further help. Hopefully someone else can assist.

It's very clear that the experience you have isn't enough to meet the qualifications required for LCP.

However I don't know if teaching is accepted to meet the education requirement.

cutenurse21

Oct 1, 2013
Hi Coralin, I just want to share my point of view regarding your refusal. About your employment, the CIC requires at least one year of full-time paid work experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation . And about your education, did you take Caregiver Course? For me, your English Language Teaching course is not enough since applying for LiCP in Canada requires both knowledge about Caregiving and Fluency of the English Language. Yes, you passed for the fluency but how about your knowledge ? Btw, i'm also under LiCP and waiting for Medical Request.

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013

What kind of education do you have? Im thinking of taking a course related to Nursery and also a short first aid and CPR.

cutenurse21

Oct 1, 2013
I passed my app based on my education. BSN graduate but now I'm a Registered Nurse. I apply when I'm still reviewing for PNLE.Btw,I suggest you to take Caregiving Course for 6months that would be enough.We really don't need BLS or ClS training.:)

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
cutenurse21 said:
I passed my app based on my education. BSN graduate but now I'm a Registered Nurse. I apply when I'm still reviewing for PNLE.Btw,I suggest you to take Caregiving Course for 6months that would be enough.We really don't need BLS or ClS training.:)
HEY! im also in the same situation as coralin.. except that i proved that i had one year experience as a full time nanny and they didnt believe me or something, since my refusal was about the 6 months training course... i want to take the course but dont really know whch course could i take.. sorry to butt in but.. what does BSN and CIS stands for??

cutenurse21

Oct 1, 2013
marianasanroman said:
HEY! im also in the same situation as coralin.. except that i proved that i had one year experience as a full time nanny and they didnt believe me or something, since my refusal was about the 6 months training course... i want to take the course but dont really know whch course could i take.. sorry to butt in but.. what does BSN and CIS stands for??
BSN means Bachelor of Science in Nursing while CLS means Advanced Cardiac Life Support. :)

Coralin, not really. There are three basis on applying: education, 1 yr full-time experience and 6 months CG training.